We'’re out of it! … A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure Day 14/Aug 05 updated 05/05

That is my kind of luck too. I allow what I think it one child and a whole family moves in and then not only do they come in but are wild and or rude. I don't get how people do this. If I ask to let Claire in, which I don't do too often, I let her go and I stand where I can see her but allow the original people to still watch.

We have often had kids squeeze in in front of us. I never mind as long as they don't block my view after I have been standing in the same spot for whatever time. But then invade with a whole army, that was just too much.

Oh My - That is soooo RUDE!!!! I get the kids wanting to see and to be courteous but wow the whole family pushing in and then the spilled drink. :furious:

Glad it just took a little sweet to calm down. :cake:

We were just stunned at how they acted. And the spilled drink was a catastrophe waiting to happen, the way the kid just wiggled around.
Thank god for sweets to calm my nerves. ;)

Day 14, August 5

„Duck! There’s Jay!“ - Part 1

When we woke up and opened the curtains we could see that we were not too far from our next destination, Malta. So we jumped into our clothes and headed outside to watch the ship glide into the harbour.

IMG_3847_zps5nie2kwl.jpg

IMG_3848_zpsjeg857ra.jpg

DSC_0769_zpsw6tdrjuk.jpg

DSC_0771_zps33rgzsri.jpg

IMG_3850_zpsyt5adwst.jpg

IMG_3851_zpsuqgle9a4.jpg

IMG_3854_zpshumw6hao.jpg

DSC_0779_zpszsccpcbt.jpg

IMG_3856_zpskqgmzaxf.jpg

DSC_0780_zpsqjlqwigb.jpg

DSC_0785_zpspnmw8zpq.jpg

Valletta is a very old city and it was so interesting to glide by those forts and then catch a glimpse of the city.

IMG_3858_zpshgoclaw4.jpg

IMG_3859_zpstvicxbie.jpg

Once in the harbour we quickly took showers and then headed up onto the top deck to enjoy the view from there.

DSC_0796_zpstw9mdezq.jpg

DSC_0807_zps7pem490b.jpg

IMG_3867_zpsumvc5ad0.jpg

IMG_3868_zps8hm9ceeb.jpg

DSC_0820_zpsdw829zmj.jpg

IMG_3869_zpsfeh0glxy.jpg

IMG_3870_zpsya0ckrbw.jpg

DSC_0828_zpsfor4sowe.jpg

IMG_3871_zpsqpqgtmps.jpg

DSC_0830_zpsocj6yxhf.jpg

DSC_0831_zpsm3hpx6es.jpg

And after having taken in the view we headed to

IMG_3866_zpspezw8y52.jpg

Carioca’s for breakfast, where we were quickly led to a table and asked for our drinks preference. Tom ordered some coffee and orange juice, while I again only asked for very hot water to brew my own tea with my own teabag and some orange juice as well. And then we were off to the buffet. Tom had an

IMG_3865_zpsuy7kvktw.jpg

omelet, some baked beans, asparagus, grilled tomatoes, bacon and ham, while I had some

IMG_3862_zpsf0l1bnf8.jpg

scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, a grilled tomato and some pineapple and orange segments. We sat down and enjoyed our breakfast and had a nice chat with one of the cast members. A short while later we were all done and headed back to our stateroom. And after a very short break we got ready to head out and explore the area.

To be continued ..........

I really enjoyed Malta and would love to go back to see some of the island outside Valletta.

Jill in CO

I really enjoyed Malta and would love to go back to see some of the island outside Valletta.

Jill in CO

It was beautiful there. I had not done enough research before we actually went, but this is a place we definitely want to go back to. :thumbsup2

Is that a Swiss Army knife? One you brought with you? :)

Kate

Yes, it is. We usually bring one for all the tools that are on there and it is very helpful in taking the meat off that turkey leg. ;)

Day 14, August 5

„Duck! There’s Jay!“ - Part 2

And after a very short break we got ready to head out and explore the area.
I had bought tickets for the hop-on, hop-off bus and you could see the stop from the ship, so this was where we were heading. Once we got to the bus stop we asked if we needed to exchange our vouchers and were told that they would do so once we boarded the bus. About 10 minutes later a bus arrived and we decided to hop on this one, as there were three different ones and we had a day ticket for all three. So, after exchanging our tickets we headed up to the top deck, found some seats and settled in. And then the bus started to fill up with many familiar faces from the Magic. Soon enough the bus started to move. We had decided not to get off at any stops as we wanted to get an impression on the island first and we wanted to do that from a seat with a view.

DSC_0833_zpscbjoiejn.jpg

DSC_0834_zps7hlkjjt8.jpg

IMG_3873_zpsycxuo50k.jpg

DSC_0838_zpsy7eigcng.jpg

DSC_0839_zpsdxde3vho.jpg

DSC_0836_zpsrxiancqy.jpg

IMG_3874_zps3ptv1hgj.jpg

IMG_3875_zpssovszioj.jpg

DSC_0844_zpsnrcvspa2.jpg

IMG_3876_zps4hxhtb9q.jpg

IMG_3877_zpsznqvi3qr.jpg

DSC_0849_zpskjkajlc3.jpg

DSC_0855_zps8zbrr2sg.jpg

DSC_0861_zpsirkrrrol.jpg

DSC_0867_zpsufjmau4n.jpg

DSC_0866_zpsjomomasg.jpg

IMG_3881_zpsmxbs9wbp.jpg

DSC_0869_zpswnrgdtmb.jpg

IMG_3882_zps31ryygml.jpg

DSC_0876_zpsibzwtouu.jpg

IMG_3884_zpsqkwarsjh.jpg

DSC_0880_zpsm5cdre4n.jpg

IMG_3886_zpslk8ainke.jpg

IMG_3889_zpstp31e1e8.jpg

The bus criss crossed Valletta, stopping at many points of interest and it was awesome to be able to take it all in from our elevated viewpoint.
Finally we left the city

DSC_0887_zpsakjsvmxb.jpg

IMG_3891_zpsjhmjve6i.jpg

IMG_3893_zpsbanqghnz.jpg

DSC_0895_zpsg77sxkyl.jpg

and went out to the Blue Grotto.

The Hop on Hop off bus seems like an excellent option for seeing a lot of places.

Breakfast looked tasty.

What interesting and beautiful scenery as you arrived and docked at Malta! :banana:

I thought ducks could float and paddle along on the water. Who drowned Huey, Dewey and Louie??? :eek:

How cute........it appears kids all over the world fold those little paper boats that I did when I was in Elementary school. :thumbsup2

And after having taken in the view we headed to

IMG_3866_zpspezw8y52.jpg

Carioca’s for breakfast,
Jose! :rotfl2:

Tom had an

IMG_3865_zpsuy7kvktw.jpg

omelet, some baked beans, asparagus, grilled tomatoes, bacon and ham, while I had some

IMG_3862_zpsf0l1bnf8.jpg

scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, a grilled tomato and some pineapple and orange segments.
You were actually able to serve your own plate??? :confused: Oh wait, that's the other TR........ :rotfl:

The bus criss crossed Valletta, stopping at many points of interest and it was awesome to be able to take it all in from our elevated viewpoint.
Looks like the hop on hop off bus worked off well, and so many interesting things to see in Valletta! :goodvibes

The Hop on Hop off bus seems like an excellent option for seeing a lot of places.

Breakfast looked tasty.

It was perfect. It would be even better if we had had more time to get off now and then, but for that first visit, we just enjoyed getting to see so much from our top deck seats.

What interesting and beautiful scenery as you arrived and docked at Malta! :banana:

The photos don't really do the city justice. It was so impressive. Valletta is just beautiful.

Looks like the hop on hop off bus worked off well, and so many interesting things to see in Valletta! :goodvibes

It worked perfectly well. We have often used the hop on hop off bus to get an impression of a new city.

I am not sure but this looks odd. It certainly does not look like an inner tube that is inflated properly the person is riding on. Almost looks like a person is sitting still and washing the inside. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's exactly what he is doing - this is the Aquaduck, so no inner tubes anyway, but they were checking and cleaning it ever so often.

The worlds largest paper hat boat?

It was HUGE and such a fun sight to see.

I was still upset that I didn't find any Maltese Falcons for sale (Nod to the great Bogart movie).

Jill in CO

Day 14, August 5

„Duck! There’s Jay!“ - Part 3

Finally we left the city and went out to the Blue Grotto.

IMG_3894_zps4gcai9dh.jpg

IMG_3896_zpseihqpngg.jpg

The surroundings were beautiful once we reached the cliffs and we were tempted to get off the bus there, but when we saw the masses there, we happily stayed in our seats. And soon we were on our way back to the city

IMG_3897_zpsi1qqtfa9.jpg

IMG_3899_zpsliqfajm8.jpg

IMG_3905_zps8o093sck.jpg

and when we got back to Valletta again we decided to drive back to where we had gotten on

IMG_3907_zpszimduyuy.jpg

IMG_3908_zpsutqye0bv.jpg

DSC_0926_zpslusypdmt.jpg

IMG_3910_zpsmgdzhdij.jpg

DSC_0935_zpsa2seks9b.jpg

DSC_0936_zps0mr0by3c.jpg

IMG_3913_zpsjpfsoxz9.jpg

IMG_3914_zpss7tfbvu6.jpg

IMG_3918_zpslu8mlq2u.jpg

IMG_3922_zps5u3tbig1.jpg

IMG_3923_zps72htvyzv.jpg

and then explore on foot. And a little more than three hours after we had gotten on we got off the bus again.

DSC_0956_zpsbxmccbsh.jpg

It had gotten really hot and we were hoping for some shade but we had to get up on top of the rock. We could have walked, but there is an elevator that takes you right up and it was close by so we slowly made our way over there. The elevator looked scary high,

DSC_0957_zpshwmaglzc.jpg

DSC_0958_zpsvkcyn0ej.jpg

IMG_3924_zpsfzergks8.jpg

but it was a much better option than to get up there on foot. In the end we really enjoyed the elevator ride and were in awe with the view once we had made it up.

I wish I would have known about that elevator! That was the hottest longest climb of my life!

Jill in CO

That's exactly what he is doing - this is the Aquaduck, so no inner tubes anyway, but they were checking and cleaning it ever so often.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Well that makes perfect sense now.

We could have walked, but there is an elevator that takes you right up and it was close by so we slowly made our way over there.

I think in this case, the elevator is the way to go even if it seems scary....

I would have loved to do that bus ride !! So many sights to see!! Can't wait to see where you go next!!

I love seeing the ship from afar and thinking, 'that's my beautiful ship :) ' great pictures.

I don't know any history on this town, is this a fort you're going up or a different historical site?

Hi Karin! Backing up a bit.... I can't believe the bad behavior of some people. So many feel they are the only people who matter on the planet. Sorry about the spilled drink. I was thinking it could have stained your clothes :faint:

Malta does sound exotic. Probably the "Maltese Falcon" reference. Beautiful pics, and you managed to keep the hoardrs out of your frame.

Looking forward to the view... very cool pic of the tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter