We'’re out of it! … A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure Day 14/Aug 05 updated 05/05

Willkommen zuhause Karin!!

I hope the trip brought you plenty of pixie dust!

Bad news AND good news!!!

We are back! And we come with a bit of news .........

Let me get to the BAD news first.
I had to push our resisting summer cruises to 2016!!! Well, that's not really bad news, but we were really looking forward to this year's summer vacation. Unfortunately there have been a few hickups along the way that pushed us to move the cruises and while we are still holding our breath to at least be able to fly to the US (the flight is booked and is non changeable and non refundable) the chances are pretty slim. Like VERY slim. So I have already made plans for spending this summer in Europe and so far a week long trip to Italy is already booked (as well as one that starts in close to three weeks) and a 10 day trip to the Cinque Terre, which we loved so much during our cruise last summer.

On to the GOOD news!

First off - the Magic REDEEMED herself, BIG time!!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for a TR to start soon and many magical surprises.
Tom's birthday trip went off without a hitch and again we were sprinkled with A LOT of Pixie dust and we are completely back in love with Disney - guess I will hold on to my DVC after all. :rotfl2:

Summer 2016 is all set! We will fly out in early August and stay a few days at WDW, then head to Port Canaveral for a back to back on the Dream. :thumbsup2 Get off on the 26th and right back onto the Fantasy on the 27th for an Eastern Caribbean. The Fantasy Eastern is a new OBB, the other two were pushed from this summer.
Once we get off the Fantasy we will be left with about a week of WDW time again. Should be fun and at least something to count down to again! :goodvibes

Stay tuned for an update/sneak peak of Tom's birthday cruise tomorrow. :jumping1:

Welcome Back! Glad the Magic had its redemption! I guess they did that just for Tom's birthday..............:thumbsup2

Oh, I am happy to hear that you had a better experience on the Magic this time!! I hope that 2015 is a great year to sail on her as we will see her in 8 weeks!!

Sorry that you had to cancel your summer plans. But it sounds like you will more than make up for it with next years cruises! And Cinque Terre should be beautiful for a land vacation as well.

Welcome back!! I'm so happy that Tom's birthday cruise went so well and the Magic redeemed itself. So sorry to hear that you had to cancel your summer plans, and even sadder that we won't be able to see you both. Your new trip in Europe sounds wonderful!!

Let me get to the BAD news first.
I had to push our resisting summer cruises to 2016!!! Well, that's not really bad news, but we were really looking forward to this year's summer vacation. Unfortunately there have been a few hickups along the way that pushed us to move the cruises and while we are still holding our breath to at least be able to fly to the US (the flight is booked and is non changeable and non refundable) the chances are pretty slim. Like VERY slim. So I have already made plans for spending this summer in Europe and so far a week long trip to Italy is already booked (as well as one that starts in close to three weeks) and a 10 day trip to the Cinque Terre, which we loved so much during our cruise last summer.

Aw that's a big bummer, sorry to hear that. At least you know what's happening in Summer 2016 though!

First off - the Magic REDEEMED herself, BIG time!!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for a TR to start soon and many magical surprises.
Tom's birthday trip went off without a hitch and again we were sprinkled with A LOT of Pixie dust and we are completely back in love with Disney - guess I will hold on to my DVC after all. :rotfl2:

You have no idea how happy this makes me!!!! :cool1::goodvibes:cheer2::banana: So glad you guys enjoyed yourselves on the Magic and look forward to seeing and hearing all about it.

Summer 2016 is all set! We will fly out in early August and stay a few days at WDW, then head to Port Canaveral for a back to back on the Dream. :thumbsup2 Get off on the 26th and right back onto the Fantasy on the 27th for an Eastern Caribbean. The Fantasy Eastern is a new OBB, the other two were pushed from this summer.
Once we get off the Fantasy we will be left with about a week of WDW time again. Should be fun and at least something to count down to again! :goodvibes

Wow, how many days is that, like 21??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

That's great that the Magic redeemed herself and your faith in Disney was restored. Sorry you had to cancel your 2016 plans. I know what that feels like as we had to cancel all our Spring 2015 plans, after the PiF date. :headache:

I'm sorry you had to change your plans but so glad the Magic was better this time! Happy belated birthday to Tom!

Jill in CO

So glad you and Tom had a great cruise. Sad about this summer, but your Europe plans will be amazing....and I hope 2016 means our dates will overlap again :)

Replied to your news on the other thread, Karin. But I'm hear and ready for an update whenever you get the time for one. :goodvibes

I'm getting ready to start reading this trip report but I'm doing so nervously.... I just rebooked a Caribbean cruise on the Magic for next Spring. But this med cruise, this one is my dream! I'd love to do this. It's just so expensive and there are 5 of us so I just can't justify it. Maybe one day when the kids are grown....

I can't wait to hear about your adventures Karin!

Looks like a lot of great plans and fun for the trip and Birthday Cruise. party: Wish you were getting to the Disney part a little bit sooner. With a long holiday weekend I might have been able to take a quick trip down to say hello and finally meet you and Tom. :goodvibes

I'm sure you already will, but I hope you have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2 And :bday: to Tom!!! :cool1:

It would have been awesome to meet up at WDW, but we had to stick with my school holidays and even though this was an 11 day trip, it was sooooooooo short. ;) But I am sure our paths will cross, hopefully sooner than later. :thumbsup2

And thanks for the birthday wishes!

Hello Karin!
Ooh you lucky thing, another cruise and Disney trip just around the corner
Happy Birthday to Tom. What a great way to celebrate

It was a perfect way to celebrate Tom's milestone birthday. A new TR is just around the corner, waiting to be started. ;)

Love that you first ride on 7DMT will be at night! I've heard it's better at night too. :hyper:

Unfortunately we didn't make it to the park that evening. :faint:

Are there a few restaurants at the World that have special dining for Easter? Very fun!

I found out about The Wave's Easter Buffet by accident. We knew we could not check in at the BC that early in the morning and The Wave has the only buffet we really like. So I tried booking it for Easter Sunday and found out about the Easter Buffet - and it was SO worth it!!! There were a few Easter specific venues but really not many.

Ugh, so lucky! Now that i've crossed F&W off my list, my next adventure needs to be checking out the Flower and Garden Festival:thumbsup2

We really enjoyed Flower and Garden - if only there had not been so many people over Easter - it was packed. I guess we might repeat the experience and try to stay the week before Easter to have more time to explore. :goodvibes

Oh Wow. It must be cruise time by now. How lovely to spend the week before Easter on a cruise and then have bonus time at WDW. I love the cruise itinerary. Thanks for posting those pictures of Key West. The are lovely - especially the sunset. It looks like the perfect cruise.

I am sure you will love F&G. Sounds like a perfect Epcot/MK day.

Have an awesome trip!

We had an awesome time, the cruise was really great and we loved F&G. We both were so happy to have taken this vacation. ::yes::

I loved reading your plans! Seems like you have a fun filled itinerary! I hope that the parks won't be too crazy!

I can't believe, we stuck to most of our plans but the parks were packed! Still it was a great vacation. ::yes::

Karin I am all caught up again only to find you will be leaving soon. I love your plans. I hope you have a great trip!!

Yeah for being all caught up! And we DID have a fun trip - it was just too short. ;)

LOL, Karin, you are the only one I know who posts your entire TR - with pictures - before you even leave home! :teeth: I love that!

Yeah! Good to know you enjoyed the PTR!

I just watched the Magic sailaway :sail: a short while ago. I was looking for you and Tom. I thought I might have spotted you a few times, but all the faces were blurry so I couldn't be sure. Besides, I wasn't sure where you would be(last time on the Dream I knew to look for 8188) and I didn't see an Austrian flag(a dead giveaway that it's you). Still, I was waving at the webcam! :yay:
Tom, if you're reading this, :bday: I hope you have a "Magical" birthday! Karin, please extend my birthday wishes to Tom if he isn't reading along.

I hope you are both able to rediscover the magic pixiedust: on the Magic after your somewhat disappointing "We're out of it!" Med cruise. I know it is there somewhere. I'm not sure if you are even able to get online to read this now, but I have your schedule and will be webcam watching throughout your cruise. It is highly unlikely that I will spot you because the timing would have to be perfect but it will still be fun to watch, knowing that you are there. :sunny:

We were on the top deck during sailaway and a friend of ours was even able to get a screenshot of us! No flags or other giveaway that it was us this time.

Tom says, "Thank you" for the birthday wishes. :goodvibes

We had a very different experience on the Magic this time - still I find her in dire need of some TLC to bring her back to her old glory, but the whole cruise was a lot better than the one in the Med. :thumbsup2

Hi Karin and Tom! By now you are well into your trip. Hope it is going great and they are not out of anything! I also thought of you when I heard about the crash as I knew you would be flying soon and I wasn't sure where your connections might be.

Have a wonderful trip we will miss you by 23 days this time :sad:

Thank you, Tammie. I guess you are already so close to your next trip, and we hope it will be a great one!

Sorry you are not on a Disney high anymore. Love reading your thorough reports though

Thankfully the Disney magic came back this trip. So I guess you are going to see more pixie dusted trip reports from me. ;)

Happy Birthday Tom and I love that you are there on the cruise now. It makes me happy to think of it! Iwish you many happy experiences

Thank you, Debbie! The cruise and the few hours we had at WDW were awesome. Did you read my news update - looks like we are not going to see you this summer. I am so sorry about it. And I hope that our trips will overlap again in the near future.

I hope you have an amazing trip!!! Loved your update!

We did have a great trip. Sure made up for the mediocre experience we had in the Med. :thumbsup2

Hope you are having a magical time and can't wait to hear about it.

We had a great trip, Scott and the TR is starting soon. Hope you will join us there too!

Hope you are having a great time.

We definitely did have a great time, Kathy, thank you!

Missed the sendoff Karin, sorry :hug: :bday:(belated) to Tom :mickeybar

No problem! Tom did enjoy his belated birthday wishes very much. We celebrated all vacation long!

Hope you had a great time and the Magic was more "magical" this time for you.

We had a magical time and a great cruise, thanks Jen! Hope you will be there to read along on the new TR which is about to start. ;)

Willkommen zuhause Karin!!

I hope the trip brought you plenty of pixie dust!

Thank you, Magdalene! We had such a great trip and enjoyed it all so much. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter