"We’re not gonna make it, we’re not gonna make it!" Aug 2014 mini-PTR upd 1/8

I was wondering when we would see a new update from you. I guess the new job is keeping you busy!

I never did the old storytime with belle, so I can't compare the two, but I actually really like enchanted tales. I thought the participation part was super cute. And Lumiere is really fantastic.

Minus the rain and crowded pool, it looks like a good day so far. I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of the day.

Sorry to hear you were sick the first day of being a CM!! I bet you were freaking out, I know I would be. But spreading some type of virus is not very magical, so you did the right thing by calling in!

Do the Burritos at TT have anything besides lettuce and cheese? Are the beans vegetarian? I've always wondered.

And I love those Cheshire Cake cups!!!

Awww! That's too bad that you weren't feeling well the first week! Long ago, I had to call in sick the first day of a job and let's just say that didn't end well!:scared:

I'm glad it's going better for you and what fun to be a part of people's vacations!!:cool1:

Here's to success along the way and that you'll be there after the holidays!!pixiedust:

Sorry that the same thing happened to you! I really tried....my first day was to be Tuesday and I went to an afterhours urgent care on Sunday and my regular doctor on Monday trying to get better enough to go to work but I was super sick and just needed time. They were nice about it when I called off so hopefully it won't get held against me in the future.

Thanks for the pixie dust!!

I was wondering when we would see a new update from you. I guess the new job is keeping you busy!

I never did the old storytime with belle, so I can't compare the two, but I actually really like enchanted tales. I thought the participation part was super cute. And Lumiere is really fantastic.

Minus the rain and crowded pool, it looks like a good day so far. I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of the day.

It has kept me busy!! The shifts are pretty short...usually 3 or 4 hours but it is still an adjustment and leaving me with less free time! Next week I only work 1 day so I am planning on cranking out a few updates! I also need to catch up on reading...your PTR is on that list. I am sooo far behind.

Yes, Lumiere is great! I wonder if I didn't enjoy it as much because my girls were in it and I felt the pressure to capture pictures of them? Maybe if I had just been able to sit back and enjoy it I would have liked it better? I definitely would love to give it another chance in a future visit.

Yes it was a great day and just got better as the day went on! :)

Sorry to hear you were sick the first day of being a CM!! I bet you were freaking out, I know I would be. But spreading some type of virus is not very magical, so you did the right thing by calling in!

Do the Burritos at TT have anything besides lettuce and cheese? Are the beans vegetarian? I've always wondered.

And I love those Cheshire Cake cups!!!

Thanks! It was so upsetting to call in but I was not in any shape to work. I really couldn't have even faked it. Now I just need to stay healthy through the holiday season while working at the Disney Store so I don't have to call in again. :eek::scared1:

I couldn't remember about the burritos but checked allears and it said it came with rice and black beans so I guess that is what we got. I don't recall asking if the black beans were vegetarian but I am guessing I did. And if you find out otherwise don't tell me. :lmao:

Real Life Update Part 2

For those of you that don't read the comments I wanted to update everyone on my Disney Store Cast Member job! I've been working for about 3 weeks and each shift I love it more! It started out kinda rough as I was SUPER sick and actually had to call in on my first shift. Then the first week or so I was still pretty run down so I was a bit overwhelmed. Now with that all aside I am really loving it. My fellow CM's are great and helping to create magic for our guests is just such an honor. pixiedust:

Of course I had to share this with you all! :love:

Oh and don't worry my money is going right back to the mouse! My first purchase as a CM. These tsum tsums are my absolute favorite item in the store!!

An update on our DVC contact too, the owners have missed getting their paperwork back by the contract close date so now I believe we are going to try and extend the contract with an addendum. Really hoping to finalized everything this week since Olivia and I are planning a spring break trip in March if this goes through! :cheer2:

Thanks for sticking with me! I don't work much this week so I promise a few trip updates.

I'm glad to hear things are going well!

Those Tsum Tsums are super cute. I was a little confused about them when they first came out, but the more I see them, the more I love them.

I hope everything works out okay with the DVC contract!

I'm glad to hear things are going well!

Those Tsum Tsums are super cute. I was a little confused about them when they first came out, but the more I see them, the more I love them.

I hope everything works out okay with the DVC contract!

Thank you!

Yes, I am really going to need to use a lot of self control not to buy every single one of those Tsum Tsums.

Still plugging away on this DVC contract. Honestly it couldn't go any slower but we now have a "no later than November 7th" closing date. Fingers crossed the owners can get it together and get all their paperwork in.

I didn't buy anything in the Marketplace either and it really shocked me.

I thought I'd want cups or plates or things like that, and I love the orange bird, but I didn't like anything the store had. On the note of the orange bird, why are there no orange bird stuffed animals?! Those would fly off the shelf. I'd also love a tshirt.

Anyway...

Thanks for the real life update. What is the 'wall-e' on the name tag for? I am very jealous of that name tag. I also think I'm due for a visit to the disney store, maybe you should PM me your upcoming hours :thumbsup2

My sister is having a baby, so that baby will be getting Disney themed baby gear, I also believe the Disney stores are supposed to have the Mickey's Christmas Carol vinylmations?

I really hope you guys get that DVC contract. I wonder if the sellers are having second thoughts or whats going on there.

Columbia Harbour House closes early-PART 3

So we left off with Aaron and I taking a Starbucks break. We reunite with the girls in Tomorrowland and head to use our 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP around 7PM. Olivia posted this picture on Instagram and it was pretty popular. Poor Aaron! :love:

I wanted to be sure to get a few pics of us girls in our 7 Dwarfs clothes (I made Lucy and myself skirts. Olivia has a coordinating pocket). This is the fabric up close:

After the Mine Train we head back to Tomorrowland to relax on a favorite, the TTA or Peoplemover. It broke down A LOT during our ride but really we weren’t complaining. I think this was just a few days after its "reopen" and we were just happy to be on it.

Aaron blocking the sun:

And then this is what happens when you have a sarcastic teen. ;)

We then stopped at another family favorite. The Carrousel of Progress.

Next we took a spin on Buzz. I swear I had FP pictures of our ride but they are somehow missing. I am super sad about that.

I’ll be honest. My non-note taking self is slightly confused as to what we did next. I *think* we used a FP for BTMRR. I'm like 95% sure.

At this point we were getting hungry and confidently headed to Columbia Harbour House for one of my very favorite CS meals only to find them CLOSED. NOOOOOO……it was very sad moment. Note to my readers CHH closes much earlier than the park. Don’t make the same mistake as me!

We decided to give Pinocchio’s a try. I don’t think we have ever ate there so if we couldn't be at my favorite CHH it might as well be a new experience. The girls were able to snag the coveted seat to watch the IASW boats so they had a lot of fun waving to the boats and actually didn't want to leave.

All the adults ordered the Caprese Flatbread (with salad).

Lucy ordered the kids cheese pizza. Sorry no picture but you can probably imagine how it looked.

The pizza wasn’t terrible and I really appreciate Disney trying to do a bit more here. Honestly my biggest complaint was there was a lot of cheese on it. (we tend to order pizza at home with light cheese so others might disagree with the comment). It was no CHH but it worked and we would go back in a pinch.

While everyone stayed behind and waved at IASW boats some more I ran over to add a FP for Haunted Mansion. Anyways…it was here that I spotted the CM with a pin I HAD to have. I waited awhile for him to finish his conversation in order for me to trade with him. I am a big coffee lover and needed this pin. Has anyone seen these before? Is it part of a series? It’s one of my favorites!!

After all the boat waving we had to take our own ride on IASW and then made our way to Pirates. The wait was SO MUCH longer than I normally would wait but we knew we wouldn’t be back so we just bit the bullet and waited the 30ish minutes for it. Here is an example of pictures I sometimes take to remind me of things we do but really aren't intended to make the report!! ;)

I think Olivia really got some quality pictures with Aaron this segment hahaha.

That 7 dwarves fabric is soooo adorable.

I don't think I've eaten in Pinnochio's since I was a kid and used to come with my parents. Maybe we'll have to try it. When we're in the MK our CS usually consists of all our favorites: CCH, Casey's and Cosmic Ray's (we are a bit obsessed with Sonny Eclipse).

I love the 7 Dwarfs skirts!

And I love Olivia's imitating Aaron trying to block out the sun ... that seems like something I would have done when I was her age.

I LOVE that coffee pin. I have to track that down for my sister!

Seems like you guys were having fun. I'm looking forward to reading what happened next!

Great update! I love that first photo Olivia took on 7DMT!

What a bummer about CHH being closed. That's one of our favorite CS places to eat! I don't know that I realized they closed so early. We have had that unexpected surprise happen to us several times when we try to go in to eat somewhere and it's already closed. Definitely sucks when you're hungry, but especially hen you've been looking forward to eating there.

I didn't buy anything in the Marketplace either and it really shocked me.

I thought I'd want cups or plates or things like that, and I love the orange bird, but I didn't like anything the store had. On the note of the orange bird, why are there no orange bird stuffed animals?! Those would fly off the shelf. I'd also love a tshirt.

Anyway...

Thanks for the real life update. What is the 'wall-e' on the name tag for? I am very jealous of that name tag. I also think I'm due for a visit to the disney store, maybe you should PM me your upcoming hours :thumbsup2

My sister is having a baby, so that baby will be getting Disney themed baby gear, I also believe the Disney stores are supposed to have the Mickey's Christmas Carol vinylmations?

I really hope you guys get that DVC contract. I wonder if the sellers are having second thoughts or whats going on there.

Yeah, I just wasn't prepared for the set up of the Marketplace. Not exactly what I envisioned but I was pretty thrown off. On a related note I actually ordered these last week and the bowls arrived today. I got all white but ordered the bowls with the orange accents, smaller plates blue and the larger ones red.

I love the Orange Bird too! Would love more merch with him! I went to Disney once as a child and one of my few memories is meeting the Orange Bird!

The Wall-e on the name tag is where we get to pick our favorite character. Yours would be Donald, right? Yes, you should come see me. I actually have a night shift next week too. I will PM you later.

I think Olivia really got some quality pictures with Aaron this segment hahaha.

That 7 dwarves fabric is soooo adorable.

I don't think I've eaten in Pinnochio's since I was a kid and used to come with my parents. Maybe we'll have to try it. When we're in the MK our CS usually consists of all our favorites: CCH, Casey's and Cosmic Ray's (we are a bit obsessed with Sonny Eclipse).

Ah...poor Aaron. Thankfully he doesn't read here and know what I am posting. :rotfl2:

Both girls love Cosmic Ray's. Sonny is entertaining.

I love the 7 Dwarfs skirts!

And I love Olivia's imitating Aaron trying to block out the sun ... that seems like something I would have done when I was her age.

I LOVE that coffee pin. I have to track that down for my sister!

Seems like you guys were having fun. I'm looking forward to reading what happened next!

I was obsessed with that dwarf skirt fabric. So fun!

Yes that pin is the best. I swear I have never seen it before so I wondered if it was old? Let me know if you see it when you are down there.

Hope to have another update in the next day or so!!

Great update! I love that first photo Olivia took on 7DMT!

What a bummer about CHH being closed. That's one of our favorite CS places to eat! I don't know that I realized they closed so early. We have had that unexpected surprise happen to us several times when we try to go in to eat somewhere and it's already closed. Definitely sucks when you're hungry, but especially hen you've been looking forward to eating there.

Haha! That picture Olivia took is just the best!

Yes that is the first time I have skipped CHH on a trip. I think it was after 9 so not really THAT early but when the park is open until 2am with EMH, 9 is like lunch time. ;) I'll just have to go twice next time!

Yes that is the first time I have skipped CHH on a trip. I think it was after 9 so not really THAT early but when the park is open until 2am with EMH, 9 is like lunch time. ;) I'll just have to go twice next time!

WOW, that explains it, we pretty much eat with the early bird special'ers!!! :lmao:

Kissing the EMH goodnight!-PART 4

So we left off with a ride through the Caribbean with definitely the longest wait (30+ minutes) I have ever waited for Pirates! In general I am a fan of FP+ but the way it has effected POTC is quite confusing to me!

We decided then to view MSEP from Frontierland. This is the first time in a while that we truly claimed a spot to watch the evening parade. While I am not sure that I really love MSEP I do love the music and it just sounds like you are out late at the Magic Kingdom and that is a great feeling.

After MSEP Lucy wanted to go over to Gaston’s for a Lefous Brew. I hung back with Lucy while she drank her brew and Aaron and Olivia took an adventure Under the Sea.

It was now officially EMH and we decided to visit Ariel in her Grotto. Something we haven’t done in the New Fantasyland spot.

We enjoyed the circus….Dumbo and two spins on Goofy's Barnstormer.
Next was Tomorrowland where we don’t ride anything but hung out in the Space Mountain gift shop for quite a while I wanted to look at a shirt I has seen on our first night (I didn’t get it but still wish I had!).

Here I am modeling it. :)

While I was looking at the shirt the girls discovered the arcade and made “good” use of the quarters we had been carrying around for the pressed penny machines. They were particularly fond of the Cars racing game. Yes…at this point in the evening I was cringing at our terrible use of EMH! (It only gets worse….).

After wandering around Tomorrowland until 1am we stop for a PP picture on our way to Main Street.

And another on Main Street.

Olivia and I wanted a snack in the confectionary. She chose a macaroon to eat right then, I picked a Strawberry Jam Oat bar to save for breakfast! Both were enjoyed.

Next was our final EMH time waster in the Main Street Emporium. BUT I was so glad we did because it was in the moment that we were almost at the farthest end when I hear the start of the Kiss Goodnight. I literally put all my collected merch down on the closest table and raced out to Main Street to watch. I have always avoided hearing about the Kiss Goodnight and wondered if I would “miss” it but it is very un-miss able and so magical. I love, love, loved it. Chills for days! I won’t say anything more so not to spoil it for others. I plan to have a spot right in front of the castle on a trip in the very near future.

By now it was nearly 2am and we made our way out of MK.

Frontierland is my favorite place to watch the Electrical Parade. Practically have the place to yourselves most nights with the second parade.

I didn't like that parade at the start, but now Brian and I love it. The music just really reminds me of the 80s video games. Even have a little skip dance to it.

Did you guys get a good Ariel? She seems like the snobbiest of the princesses. Every time we see her in her fin she is seriously lacking. Last time Brian asked her if she wanted to make a fish face (he is really trying to get into the character interaction now and researched fun things to say to Ariel) and she was just like no I don't, but you can. I was not pleased with that Ariel. I've started a new tradition with the characters. If we have a bad interaction (not just a lackluster one where there isn't much interaction, there has to be something bad about it) our new thing is to make the Mckayla is not impressed face from the olympics for our picture. Then we can go back and compare and see if we both are making the face and thought the interaction was bad.

We heard the Kiss Goodnight on our last trip too for the first time! I think it is a really sweet way to say 'get the heck out of the park'. But really, it is very nice.

I don't think you guys had a wasted extra magic hours. You were able to relax and have more time in the parks to do stuff maybe you wouldn't have done otherwise, like the Cars game pixiedust:

I love the MSEP music! Even when I don't stop to watch, I like hearing the music passing by.

In my book, EMH are just extra hours in the park - you can do whatever you want with them and absorb the extra magic in whatever way you want - it doesn't have to be rides!

The Kiss Goodnight really is something special. We usually just see it in passing and don't stop to watch too much, but it puts smiles on our faces and really is the perfect way to end the night.

Side note - how's the DVC buying going? Did you finally get all the paperwork? I really hope everything is moving forward!

Frontierland is my favorite place to watch the Electrical Parade. Practically have the place to yourselves most nights with the second parade.

I didn't like that parade at the start, but now Brian and I love it. The music just really reminds me of the 80s video games. Even have a little skip dance to it.

Did you guys get a good Ariel? She seems like the snobbiest of the princesses. Every time we see her in her fin she is seriously lacking. Last time Brian asked her if she wanted to make a fish face (he is really trying to get into the character interaction now and researched fun things to say to Ariel) and she was just like no I don't, but you can. I was not pleased with that Ariel. I've started a new tradition with the characters. If we have a bad interaction (not just a lackluster one where there isn't much interaction, there has to be something bad about it) our new thing is to make the Mckayla is not impressed face from the olympics for our picture. Then we can go back and compare and see if we both are making the face and thought the interaction was bad.

We heard the Kiss Goodnight on our last trip too for the first time! I think it is a really sweet way to say 'get the heck out of the park'. But really, it is very nice.

I don't think you guys had a wasted extra magic hours. You were able to relax and have more time in the parks to do stuff maybe you wouldn't have done otherwise, like the Cars game pixiedust:

Yes, Frontierland is the best. Hoping we actually get to see FOF next trip and I think I will aim for a spot here. 80s video game music is a perfect description for MSEP music.

YES! How did you know that our Ariel wasn't super friendly. I actually started to say how we were disappointed with her but I decided against it. Maybe its that skimpy bra and fin she's wearing? We met Ariel at CRT in May and she was the best princess there so I am betting it's the fin. ;)

Love the unimpressed faces....lol! Will I see some in your next report?

I love the MSEP music! Even when I don't stop to watch, I like hearing the music passing by.

In my book, EMH are just extra hours in the park - you can do whatever you want with them and absorb the extra magic in whatever way you want - it doesn't have to be rides!

The Kiss Goodnight really is something special. We usually just see it in passing and don't stop to watch too much, but it puts smiles on our faces and really is the perfect way to end the night.

Side note - how's the DVC buying going? Did you finally get all the paperwork? I really hope everything is moving forward!

Glad its not just me that loves the MSEP music. :)

Yeah...I guess we didn't "waste" the EMH but sometimes its hard not to look at things you could have done and didn't, but in the moment we were having fun so that's what counts.

Thanks for asking about the DVC. Yes we finally closed and I was able to get my account info this week. Just scheduled a short trip Feb 4-8 (Lucy has a random day off school on that Friday) to use up some expiring points that came "free" with the contract. We are staying at AKL in a 1BR so beyond excited. A bit worried about the weather but a cold day at Disney is better than a cold day in Ohio, right?

Yay for getting all the DVC stuff taken care of!
In terms of the weather - I've never been in early February, but I've been in mid-January, which is similar weather. Have a sweatshirt with you at all times because it gets cold, especially at night. And if you're planning on wearing any of your awesome Disney skirts, bring leggings to put on underneath at night - you'll need them.
But yes, a cold day at Disney is definitely better than a cold day in Ohio!

Yay for getting all the DVC stuff taken care of!
In terms of the weather - I've never been in early February, but I've been in mid-January, which is similar weather. Have a sweatshirt with you at all times because it gets cold, especially at night. And if you're planning on wearing any of your awesome Disney skirts, bring leggings to put on underneath at night - you'll need them.
But yes, a cold day at Disney is definitely better than a cold day in Ohio!

Yes...SO happy its all taken care of. Buying resale saved us thousands and we really couldn't have afforded it otherwise but it was very trying at times.

We went the last week of January in 2009 and it was cold. Yikes...I said I would never do that again. Never say never though, right? :rolleyes1 I hate the thought of leaving my skirts behind but the good news is we booked our summer trip this week too so they will get some use then for sure! :)

Thanks for sticking with me, Sarah! You might be my only reader left! Between making magic at work, the holidays and now trying to organize two upcoming trips this report has been neglected. :( I did work on some picture uploads tonight so I hope to have an update soon. Thanks again. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter