• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW's most popular resort?

I think Pop Century is the value that gets booked up first most often. At least, when the Free Dining promo is released, it seems like the reports here on the DIS indicate that's the one that sells out first. I imagine with the opening of AoA, that resort will likely book up first.

For moderates, I think POFQ is the first to get booked up just because it is considerably smaller than the other moderates. POFQ is my favorite moderate, and there have been times when I've been unable to get a reservation there but have been offered availability at all the other moderates.

I'm not sure which Deluxe is most popular or books up first. Each has its own fans. I'd guess the most popular is either the Poly or the Beach Club, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

Your original question is really going to depend on how you define popular, don't you think?

Occupancy rates are one way to look at it, but it really depends on demand for the room, number of rooms available, number of rooms out of service, time of year, large group bookings (AS resorts), recent opening or refurb- lots of factors. The smallest resort will book up fastest simply because they have fewer rooms to fill. But does that make it the most "popular" resort?

Someone once said that Disney never gave discounts on it's most popular rooms. Don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

I don't know, now with AoA being available that resort seems VERY popular, at least on these boards :thumbsup2

I think Pop Century is the value that gets booked up first most often. At least, when the Free Dining promo is released, it seems like the reports here on the DIS indicate that's the one that sells out first. I imagine with the opening of AoA, that resort will likely book up first.

For moderates, I think POFQ is the first to get booked up just because it is considerably smaller than the other moderates. POFQ is my favorite moderate, and there have been times when I've been unable to get a reservation there but have been offered availability at all the other moderates.

I'm not sure which Deluxe is most popular or books up first. Each has its own fans. I'd guess the most popular is either the Poly or the Beach Club, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

Thanks for answering, MaggiesMom! Yeah it seems that the Poly is incredibly popular, doesn't it. It's strange when you think about how it's the oldest resort(along with CR) and yet seems to be the "hottest" resort.

Your original question is really going to depend on how you define popular, don't you think?

Occupancy rates are one way to look at it, but it really depends on demand for the room, number of rooms available, number of rooms out of service, time of year, large group bookings (AS resorts), recent opening or refurb- lots of factors. The smallest resort will book up fastest simply because they have fewer rooms to fill. But does that make it the most "popular" resort?

Someone once said that Disney never gave discounts on it's most popular rooms. Don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

Minniemum...thanks for answering! That's very true that all of those factors should be considered. From what you *know* what do you think is the most *preferred* resort all things considered. In other words, which resort(s) is the one that people just want to stay at when cost(and other factors don't matter much).

Minniemum...thanks for answering! That's very true that all of those factors should be considered. From what you *know* what do you think is the most *preferred* resort all things considered. In other words, which resort(s) is the one that people just want to stay at when cost(and other factors don't matter much).

Ah, gotcha.

Values: right now it's definitely AOA, both the family suites and single rooms because it's brand new, and looks fabulous. Previously it would probably have been Pop and the family suites at ASMu. (Although AS Sports was often booked up quickly as it's the usual spot where large teams, cheerleaders, dance competitions etc put all the kids).

Mods: I'd say POR and PORFQ. The former has an amazingly loyal and vocal fan club. The latter is very popular for its small, compact size.

Deluxe: Much more difficult to pick one out of these. I think they rarely book solid due to their cost. Poly and BC both have large, loyal followings. But really, all of these resorts are quite popular.

As for the DVC holdings, I don't follow them at all, so can't comment.

I think it also depends on the time of year. Pop is apparently booked during Free Dining. BC and Boardwalk are impossible to get into during F&W. You can't beg a reservation at WL during the Holidays.

See what I mean?

Tinkaholic...why is WL so popular during the holidays(I'm assuming you are meaning Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years)...is it decorated beautifully?

Not Tinkaholic, but I have stayed at WL during the holidays, and yes, it is decorated beautifully. Just the fact that's it's a log-cabin type lodge, with the roaring fireplace in the lobby puts you in the holiday spirit.

Not Tinkaholic, but I have stayed at WL during the holidays, and yes, it is decorated beautifully. Just the fact that's it's a log-cabin type lodge, with the roaring fireplace in the lobby puts you in the holiday spirit.

Oh my gosh...that *would* be fantastic. We've never stayed at the WL but we have walked the grounds and ate at Artists Pointe. It's a knockout, normally...I could see how wonderful it would be in the winter/holiday months.

In terms of DVC properties, Beach Club is always hard to book, but I think that is partially because it isn't very big, but it does have a great location and pool! Bay Lake is currently the most points, (DVC points vary between resorts and from year to year, newer (and more popular) resorts tend to be more points), and OKW and SS tend to be the least points and easiest to book last minute. It is an interesting question, we book with military discount sometimes and I know I have never been offered one at Bay Lake/Contemp or Grand Floridian, but have been offered Poly and Yacht, but that may just be my timing! If judged by volume of guests alone I am sure it is a value resort! :)

Depends on what you determine popular.
People in a resort? Pop Century most likely.
Ratio of people in a resort to max occupancy? Possibly Contemporary, that always seems full.

The Contemporary only has 655 rooms, and with the Bay Lake Towers it's 950. It's always packed, and the Poly is often full but we've been able to book rooms before. Pop Century also probably has the most people in it at any given time.

I go to WDW several times a year (always using one of the discounts though). The one that seems to run out of the discounts the most (or that may have a smaller discount than the other mods or discounts may not even be offered for) always seems to be POFQ. I know several times I've called the very first day the discounts open up and still haven't been able to get it. As someone else said though, it could be because not only is it popular, but it is also Disney's smallest resort.

I go to WDW several times a year (always using one of the discounts though). The one that seems to run out of the discounts the most (or that may have a smaller discount than the other mods or discounts may not even be offered for) always seems to be POFQ. I know several times I've called the very first day the discounts open up and still haven't been able to get it. As someone else said though, it could be because not only is it popular, but it is also Disney's smallest resort.

WOW...I was not prepared for POFQ to be in the "top tier" of popularity. I would have ALWAYS thought that CBR was the most popular Moderate Resort!

WOW...I was not prepared for POFQ to be in the "top tier" of popularity. I would have ALWAYS thought that CBR was the most popular Moderate Resort!

CBR is my least favorite moderate, and judging from posts here on the DISboards, it seems many share my feelings on CBR. But again, this is not based on any polls or stringent research, just a feeling based off posts.

I recently heard That the wilderness lodge is the most popular.. Couldn't even book it this year! :sad2: and I heard this on a repeatable website.. I'm pretty sure it was a travel website :confused3

CBR is my least favorite moderate, and judging from posts here on the DISboards, it seems many share my feelings on CBR. But again, this is not based on any polls or stringent research, just a feeling based off posts.
CBR is my least favorite.. My favorite moderate resort is POFQ! As far as value goes, I love the ASMovies!! I love WL and the Poly! These resorts are popular to me! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter