WDW with a Toddler, or A Tour of WDW Play Areas - May 2012 - *FIN 5/30*

I was going to bring up what Judyloonybin said - there is also an option to go in on a photopass share. I've never been in on one. DH is a photographer so we usually use our own camera and have had the photogs use that to snap a pic or two for us as well but you should be able to find a thread on here somewhere that enables you to join a group of 3,4 or 5 making it much more affordable to do photopass.

The list looks good - all I could add is that if you have the wet wipes with you then you might not need the disposable placemats b/c you can just use a wipe to wipe down the table. I use wipes for hands, faces, and tables usually and a few times even for bird poop on one of us. :lmao: so pack lots of those for sure - they are SO handy to have.

Oh, did you think to maybe have a little zip lock bag with medicine type stuff for the parks too? I get a little ziplock and put the following in it...

2 pepto bismal chewables
2 advil
2 childrens advil
1 allergy tablet
2 immodium disolvables
a few bandaides
boo boo cleaner like polysporin - travel sized
pre cut moleskins.
chapstick
travel sized sunscreen for redoing noses or ears or in case someone forgot to put on sunscreen that day (DH does that often).

Just one or two of each thing doesn't take up much room and it's SOO nice to have if needed. I just replace whatever was used at night so it's ready for the next day.

Good call on the meds. I always have children's Tylenol in the diaper bag, but it would be good to have the other ones on hand, too.

This year, we are part of a photopass share. I am hoping we get a few good pictures.

so are we, possibly even the same one :) Spring Dream?
It's costing us less than $20 incl postage to the UK so, I'll be happy if even just a couple turn out ok

It's been a rough week over here: expensive car repairs, an ER visit for my mom (who lives in NOLA, while I'm in Florida -- talk about stress), and then I was sick for part of the week.

So this morning I did something to cheer myself up. I got Starbucks on my way into work (that's always fun) ... AND I went to AAA and bought our tickets!

35n9aap.jpg

We went with the Wild for 3 passes for this trip. For a while we were talking about getting seasonal passes, but the $$$ car repairs put that idea to rest.

When we get to WDW, we have to trade these vouchers in for the actual tickets, but these still make me happy. :hyper:

Sunday is online check-in day!

Yikes, sorry to hear about all the stress! Those unfortunate situations always seem to happen at the most inopportune time, as well. And even though you couldn't get the season passes, at least you were able to buy your tickets!!!

:woohoo:

That just makes the whole trip seem so real!

So sorry to hear the past few days have been kind of rough.

Yay for getting the tickets!! I am going to try and buy mine soon to lock in rates before they (probably) go up this summer. As we will be there 5 days in the parks, I am going to get the FL AP Weekly pass. It is just a few dollars more than the 5day FL tix, and then I can go again (during the week) if I want in the next year.

Did AAA give you a diamond access parking pass?

oooh, i love the passes! They do look so fun :)

I'm sorry for the unforseen stresses and costs thogh :( It's so hard when those things sneak up on you :(

I am sorry to hear about the not so great days. Love your tickets! Those are so fun!

It is not too much longer until the trip!!

Why do days like that always seem to happen when we have a major trip on the horizon? Glad you've made it through the week. Of course, buying those tickets can help brighten up a day! :)

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. But yay for Starbucks! OH, and tickets! Double yay for tickets! :rotfl: Hope you have a nice weekend!

Yikes, sorry to hear about all the stress! Those unfortunate situations always seem to happen at the most inopportune time, as well. And even though you couldn't get the season passes, at least you were able to buy your tickets!!!

:woohoo:

That just makes the whole trip seem so real!

Yes, it seems SO real now. I don't know how I'm supposed to get anything done at work this week. ;)

So sorry to hear the past few days have been kind of rough.

Yay for getting the tickets!! I am going to try and buy mine soon to lock in rates before they (probably) go up this summer. As we will be there 5 days in the parks, I am going to get the FL AP Weekly pass. It is just a few dollars more than the 5day FL tix, and then I can go again (during the week) if I want in the next year.

Did AAA give you a diamond access parking pass?

Good idea getting them before prices go up. I didn't realize there's a weekday pass (I thought that was just for Epcot, and for after 4 p.m.), but how fun!

No, and I forgot to ask about it. Oh, well. We will probably drive to the parks anyway -- except for maybe Magic Kingdom so we don't have to go through the TTC (the buses drop you off at the park entrance, right?).

oooh, i love the passes! They do look so fun :)

I'm sorry for the unforseen stresses and costs thogh :( It's so hard when those things sneak up on you :(

The passes do look fun, don't they? I swear, anything with a Mickey head on it makes me smile. :)

I am sorry to hear about the not so great days. Love your tickets! Those are so fun!

It is not too much longer until the trip!!

Yep, almost there! Only 10 days ... I can DO this! :thumbsup2

Why do days like that always seem to happen when we have a major trip on the horizon? Glad you've made it through the week. Of course, buying those tickets can help brighten up a day! :)

I know, right? It's unfortunate, but at least with all of that going on I had my trip to look forward to!

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. But yay for Starbucks! OH, and tickets! Double yay for tickets! :rotfl: Hope you have a nice weekend!

Yay for Starbucks indeed. :) Thanks, you too!

Thanks for your support, everyone! Today is online check-in day, woohoo! I can hardly believe there are only 10 days until we get to go...!!!

...was yesterday. I went through the process, more for the thrill than anything. I mean, we still have to visit with a CM at the registration desk even though we're technically checked in already.

And today I ordered our Disney Visa rewards redemption card. It's supposed to arrive 5/2 ... the day we leave, yikes! Hopefully Chase gave a conservative estimate and it arrives earlier.

Nine more days! :dancer:<-- That's me doing the single-digit dance.

I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but if I am ... oh, well! I made lists of things I want to buy and eat while at the World. I know I will probably end up buying more (OK, much more) than what's on my list, and I know I will be eating more.

I just hope I don't gain back all the weight I've lost -- 8 pounds since March 26!

Here are my lists...

To eat:

• Via Napoli - We have an ADR on our Epcot day, woohoo!
  • Barbecue slaw dog at Casey’s - This looks soooo yummy.
  • Ice-cream cookie sandwich from Main Street Bakery or Fountainview Café - I have a serious sweet tooth, and chocolate chip cookies are my weakness.
  • Sweet ‘n’ spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow - Or I'll settle for the Nutella one. ;)
  • Cake pops and cupcakes (anywhere and everywhere I can find them)
  • Flame Tree Barbecue - I have such a great memory of eating here on DH's and my trip in 2007. We sat near the water on one of the lower levels, and it was such a peaceful meal.
  • Muffaletta - Not as good as the ones in NOLA, but a little taste of home. (I may have to get some beignets, too!)

To buy:

• Jewelry from Bead Outpost - This little kiosk is so intriguing to me, and I love souvenirs that are a bit out of the norm.
  • Coffee mugs - I love big coffee mugs for the weekends (during the week I drink my coffee from a travel mug), and there are some super-cute ones out now. There's a pretty Flower & Garden one the Disney Parks Blog wrote about a couple of months ago, and an animal-print Mickey-head one at Animal Kingdom that someone (I think amazingact21) wrote about in their PTR. I'm hoping to snag at least one of those.
  • A picture frame for my desk - I have pictures of DS everywhere at work, but mostly they're stuck into the cubicle wall with push pins.
  • A figurine for my desk - Something I can look at while I'm working and think of Disney (as if I don't do that all day anyway ;)). I'd love to be able to find a Figment one (I have a nostalgic love of the guy), but I've struck out the last few trips.
So are there any must-eats I'm missing? What's on your to-eat and to-buy lists?

Great to-eat and to-buy lists!

Are you a Dole Whip fan? I tried one on my last trip and loved it, so I'll have to get that again. I also must have a chocolate frozen banana on every trip - yum!

I love coffee mugs, too, so I'm also planning to pick up a few. We usually do our souvenir shopping at the Disney store at DTD and end up walking out with much more than we planned! ;) I also want to get DS a cute t-shirt (or five :rotfl:) and one for DH and me. And for a totally random to-buy item: I got some Mickey-shaped reusable ice cube things once and I love them! They will be fun to use this summer (no more watered-down drinks!) so I plan to pick up a few more packs.

Your trip is almost here!! :woohoo:

I've never thought about doing a must-eat list and normally I just keep a mental souvenir list in my head. But being the crazy organized person I am, I already know what I'll be doing this afternoon. :rotfl: Thanks for posting this and giving me the idea! :thumbsup2

I think a figurine would be a really cool Disney memento to keep at work. A nice little reminder of great vacations...

Mmm, all your foods sound delicious. I haven't had a muffaletta in years (since I lived in LA)! And a sweet and spicy chicken waffle sounds oddly delicious.:laughing:

Your list of food and souvenirs sounds great! Don't worry, I do the same thing. I actually end up making money envelopes for those things and fill them up before we go, that waY, they're basically already paid for.

Great to-eat and to-buy lists!

Are you a Dole Whip fan? I tried one on my last trip and loved it, so I'll have to get that again. I also must have a chocolate frozen banana on every trip - yum!

I love coffee mugs, too, so I'm also planning to pick up a few. We usually do our souvenir shopping at the Disney store at DTD and end up walking out with much more than we planned! ;) I also want to get DS a cute t-shirt (or five :rotfl:) and one for DH and me. And for a totally random to-buy item: I got some Mickey-shaped reusable ice cube things once and I love them! They will be fun to use this summer (no more watered-down drinks!) so I plan to pick up a few more packs.

Your trip is almost here!! :woohoo:

Y'know, I've tried a Dole Whip before and didn't really care for it. I know I'm in the minority on that, but I prefer my desserts to involve chocolate. ;)

Isn't that always the case? I know DS will want a few things, and even DH usually gets into the spirit and walks away with a couple of souvenirs.

Ooh, good idea on the ice cubes. I'll have to take a look at those, too!

I've never thought about doing a must-eat list and normally I just keep a mental souvenir list in my head. But being the crazy organized person I am, I already know what I'll be doing this afternoon. :rotfl: Thanks for posting this and giving me the idea! :thumbsup2

I think a figurine would be a really cool Disney memento to keep at work. A nice little reminder of great vacations...

Mmm, all your foods sound delicious. I haven't had a muffaletta in years (since I lived in LA)! And a sweet and spicy chicken waffle sounds oddly delicious.:laughing:

LOL, I knew you'd appreciate that. It can go along with your outfits spreadsheet! :thumbsup2

I didn't realize you used to live in Louisiana. Whereabouts? I'm from about a half-hour outside New Orleans. We're going "home" (I still consider it home) Memorial Day weekend, and I can't wait!

Your list of food and souvenirs sounds great! Don't worry, I do the same thing. I actually end up making money envelopes for those things and fill them up before we go, that waY, they're basically already paid for.

That's a great idea, but how do you keep yourself from being tempted to buy other stuff? That's my biggest problem. I get into the Emporium or Mouse Gear and want everything.

If there's something else I want, I'll still probably get it. The envelopes are basically for the things I've been promising myself for the last couple of trips and either forget about them or when I go back to get them, it's out of stock for the day.

If there's something else I want, I'll still probably get it. The envelopes are basically for the things I've been promising myself for the last couple of trips and either forget about them or when I go back to get them, it's out of stock for the day.

Ahh, that makes sense. Cool!

Joining a little late... but better late than never! YAY :cool1: for single digit dancing! I love that last week of palpable anticipation!! I know y'all are gonna have a great trip!

Love your list idea of must eats and must buys. I will have to do one of those too. Great idea! :thumbsup2 I love me some Vera Bradley too... and fought it for a long time too. But I agree... just not loving the new designs at Coach lately! Vera Bradley all the way! :laughing:

My middle son was 12 months old at his first trip and it was a great memorable trip!! Can't wait for the TR! :goodvibes

Joining a little late... but better late than never! YAY :cool1: for single digit dancing! I love that last week of palpable anticipation!! I know y'all are gonna have a great trip!

Love your list idea of must eats and must buys. I will have to do one of those too. Great idea! :thumbsup2 I love me some Vera Bradley too... and fought it for a long time too. But I agree... just not loving the new designs at Coach lately! Vera Bradley all the way! :laughing:

My middle son was 12 months old at his first trip and it was a great memorable trip!! Can't wait for the TR! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Yes, what is up with Coach lately? It's gone so far downhill in such a short time. Vera all the way, lol.

Aww, how fun. I'll definitely be writing a TR, so stay tuned. :)

Five more days...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter