WDW while very pregnant?

cmdg

Mouseketeer
We just found out that we will be having baby #2 next Sept! We planned a July trip to WDW with what will be our almost 3 year old. Is it crazy to think that I will be able to enjoy the trip while 7 months pregnant?

I went at 31/32 weeks with my first and went back at 31/32 weeks with my second when my oldest was almost 7. I found that I really discovered how much of a "family" destination it was going pregnant. I truly enjoyed it.

Nope not crazy... unless crazy for Disney counts. Have done it twice while very pregnant with little ones along. Just take it easy. Don't expect to get everything done. At 3 probably can only last so long and you will need a rest too but totally do able and enjoyable as long as you don't try and do everything.

I went at 31 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. We really had a great time. It was very hot and I drank a ton of water and there were some rides I couldn't do but my 2nd was 2.5 and under the height requirement for most of those rides anyway so we watched a lot of shows and still had a great time.

We just found out that we will be having baby #2 next Sept! We planned a July trip to WDW with what will be our almost 3 year old. Is it crazy to think that I will be able to enjoy the trip while 7 months pregnant?
My wife was 7 months along for our 2010 trip, which was in June.

She spent a lot of time at the pool on her own. Was too hot to walk around the parks after 10 AM and before 4-7 PM, depending on the temperature/storm.

For the others that have offered advice: what month were you there? For my wife, it was the heat that got her, not the walking.

If it was December and you were 7 months pregnant, I would say sure. July and 7 months pregnant? Does not sound enjoyable to me (and I had a super easy first pregnancy). But only you know your body. I would probably make sure you can cancel before hand if possible (so have travel insurance) just in case.

Will your doctor be okay with you traveling while you are 30+ weeks pregnant?

I would go being 7 months pregnant. Would I go to FL in July, no. Congrats, good luck and stay cool!

If it was December and you were 7 months pregnant, I would say sure. July and 7 months pregnant? Does not sound enjoyable to me (and I had a super easy first pregnancy). But only you know your body. I would probably make sure you can cancel before hand if possible (so have travel insurance) just in case.

Will your doctor be okay with you traveling while you are 30+ weeks pregnant?

I would go being 7 months pregnant. Would I go to FL in July, no. Congrats, good luck and stay cool!

Both great points! I did not pay close enough attention to your original post, sorry! I went in January while 7 months pg and had no problems. Not so sure I would have had such a great time had it been July.

I was there end of may into early June, and like I said I was 31 weeks. It was hot, but we did 5 full park days in a row. I will say my 3rd pregnancy was by far my most comfortable and the pregnancy support belt was worth it's weight in gold, it was hot to wear but I wouldn't have been able to walk without it. I got very swollen but the swelling went down each night. I did remain pretty active during that pregnancy, walked 2 miles a day and we live in nc so I'm pretty used to the wrm climate. There are so many things at Disney that are inside that I went that othered by the heat.

My wife was 7 months along for our 2010 trip, which was in June.

She spent a lot of time at the pool on her own. Was too hot to walk around the parks after 10 AM and before 4-7 PM, depending on the temperature/storm.

For the others that have offered advice: what month were you there? For my wife, it was the heat that got her, not the walking.

Yeah, you are right. It was the end of March beginning of April. That being said I like the heat. Have been with family in August while only slightly pregnant and I loved it! My family on the other hand DO NOT LIKE THE HEAT!:confused3 I don't get it. They were like puddles of sweat that did not want to move. Would the rest of your family like the heat?

I've never done it that pregnant, but I would. Keep bottles of water with you AT ALL TIMES (this is the doula and student midwife in me) a Gatorade or Powerade is a good idea too. Stop when you need rest, eat when you need to. Have fun!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We live in southern CA, so I am used to the heat but I remember getting pretty hot by August with #1. We are meeting some of my other family there, so maybe we will ask them if they mind moving it up a month.

I plan to be pretty active with #2, so hopefully that will help!

cmdg said:

Are you flying? I'm pregnant right now (due in the beginning of August) and my doctor doesn't recommend flying after the second trimester. Have you talked to your doctor yet?

I've been to WDW since I was diagnosed, but first trimester fatigue makes the parks a bit much at the moment. :)

I went for Christmas at 15 weeks and it wasn't bad and we are going in March and I will be 28 weeks and the beginning of my third trimester. My Doctor lets me travel until 34 weeks. This is my third pregnancy and I am older. I just find you have to take it easy and know what you can handle.

Are you flying? I'm pregnant right now (due in the beginning of August) and my doctor doesn't recommend flying after the second trimester. Have you talked to your doctor yet?

I've been to WDW since I was diagnosed, but first trimester fatigue makes the parks a bit much at the moment. :)

We will be flying. My last pregnant I was allowed to fly until I was 8 months, so I will ask him about that this week. I do remember that with DS I spent a week in NYC while almost 7 months pregnant and walked everywhere, so I hope that can bode well for this trip! Still thinking about moving it up a bit though.

Miumiu4me said:

Diagnosed? Poor thing. Time for a new doctor.

I liked going pregnant. We are not commando vacationers so it was fun. I ate, I rode rides, I rested when needed. Another thing that is great- you don't have to worry that you didn't stand tall and hold your stomach in when taking photos!:lmao: Seriously though- It was fine. I have been there pregnant a few times and I really did enjoy myself with the kids and dh. Congrats!:cutie:

I went in the Month of October when I was seven months pregnant with my second dd. It was very hot but we had a great time. I was not able to ride the TOT though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter