• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW While Pregnant

rgf207

DIS Veteran
My wife will be about 4 months pregnant when we head to WDW in June. We are fully aware of the attractions she can't ride. We are doing thing a little different this time.

We won't be going commando. We will get to the parks between 9 - 10 and see all the shows and just take our time around the parks. We'll sit on benches when she's tired and head back to the resort to relax mid-day. In the evening we will head to dinner and then see the nighttime shows.

We are staying at BLT which will be great. We can watch wishes from the lounge on the top floor.

Does anyone else have any advice, tips or suggestions for what else to do that people may not experience when they are busy with their commando touring style :)

Just wanted to say at 4 months she should be feeling great! Not too far along and should be able to manage a lot of walking, and far enough along to be feeling better and not wanting to sleep all the time! :thumbsup2 We went to Vegas when I was about 8 weeks, every cigarette smell, plate of food, etc... made me totally sick and I wanted to sleep constantly! A few months after that we did a long weekend in Philly (it was HOT!) and I was perfectly fine walking around, etc...

My favorite trips to WDW are when we don't go commando and take our time, watch the shows, etc... Honestly, I would make a list of things you want to see at WDW before you head back with a baby/child! Trust me, WDW is totally different when you have a little one with you! Is there a tour you have wanted to take? A nice sit down restaurant? My DH and I once did Lunch with an Imagineer at the Hollywood Brown Derby and it was worth every penny.

Just wanted to say at 4 months she should be feeling great! Not too far along and should be able to manage a lot of walking, and far enough along to be feeling better and not wanting to sleep all the time! :thumbsup2 We went to Vegas when I was about 8 weeks, every cigarette smell, plate of food, etc... made me totally sick and I wanted to sleep constantly! A few months after that we did a long weekend in Philly (it was HOT!) and I was perfectly fine walking around, etc...

My favorite trips to WDW are when we don't go commando and take our time, watch the shows, etc... Honestly, I would make a list of things you want to see at WDW before you head back with a baby/child! Trust me, WDW is totally different when you have a little one with you! Is there a tour you have wanted to take? A nice sit down restaurant? My DH and I once did Lunch with an Imagineer at the Hollywood Brown Derby and it was worth every penny.

Thanks for the tips. She's about 11 weeks now and she sleeps all the time :) and the food that she loves now makes her want to throw up :)

I'm really looking forward to not touring commando. I think it will be more relaxing. We can see all the shows, don't have to worry about rushing to get fast passes etc.

We actually booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour which we have never done. We are really looking forward to that

I went when I was about that far along (although that was 30 years ago!). Just wanted to warn you that you might be taking a lot of time out for bathroom breaks. My husband says we visited every single bathroom Magic Kingdom had to offer and I think he's right.

We are in the process of planning another trip for next month. DW will be approx. 4 months pregnant as well. Very interested to hear everyone's suggestions.....This will be our second child, so we'll have DD with us. DW doesn't think she'll slow down that much from our previous trips, but one thing I'm concerned about is her in the heat during the 1st week of June....

Four months is a walk in the park if you aren't throwing up all the time. It's not like eight or nine. :faint:

She should do as well at WDW as anywhere.

Congrats on the baby to be!

I was very tired and I'll when I was first pregnant, but by 4 months I was fine, hope your wife will be too!

Have a great trip, I'd take advantage of the slow pace and maybe visit a water park for a day. Very little effort required! :thumbsup2

I was there last Aug at 30 weeks and was fine. I didn't ride any restricted rides. We have small kids so our pace isn't too demanding to begin with, but I never felt tired. It was hot, and I was very sweaty, but drank a lot of water & frozen lemonade. I'm sure she'll be fine.

One other question, Disney websites suggest Tomorrowland Speedway is not suggested for pregnant women....I'm assuming that's due to cars behind you potentially bumping into you....if DW doesn't sit in front of steering wheel, I would think it would be safe for her at four months.....any other reason why the Speedway wouldn't be safe for pregnant women?

I went when I was about 33 weeks pregnant last year in July. She will be fine :) I got ice water basically every time we bought something and had lots of breaks while the boys were doing the rides I couldn't. Sometimes I would wait in line with them and not ride. Other times I would just wait at the exit area.

My sister and her family went with my family and she was about 4 months along. She did great, it didn't slow her down a bit. Sometimes she moved faster than us. She had no morning sickness at all so that helped.

If you are at all interested in any of the tours that have a 16 year old ago limit this would be the trip to do them. Tours can be fun and they aren't that demanding. Have fun!!

I toured 4 months pregnant 4 years ago and it wasn't a problem. That is a "good" time during pregnancy so she should be fine. I do remember going back to our hotel and resting in the afternoon. We had a 3 1/2 year old at the time and she still needed naps, so it worked out great. I LOVED that trip and would do it again pregnant, so no worries! :)

One other question, Disney websites suggest Tomorrowland Speedway is not suggested for pregnant women....I'm assuming that's due to cars behind you potentially bumping into you....if DW doesn't sit in front of steering wheel, I would think it would be safe for her at four months.....any other reason why the Speedway wouldn't be safe for pregnant women?

I wouldn't risk it, not worth it in my opinion.

At 4 months, it should be a great time for her to go and it sounds like you're prepared to take it easy. We went when I was at 31 weeks and with a 4 yo and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Between the shows and all of the benches, there were plenty of opportunities to rest.

Have a great trip!

I just hit 7 months this week and just came back from Epcot this evening. One ride that I wouldn't recommend is the Mexico ride. Now, most of you would say that is the easiest ride in all of WDW, but actually, it isn't at 7 months. When you first take off from the dock, it is quite bumpy. It felt like going over a speedbump way too fast. The other part was at the end when all the boats were colliding with each other waiting to get off. It was like getting hit from the back over and over again.

I didn't read through all of the posts but I did Disney at 6 months pregnant with a 3 year old. My tips are:

Get there in the morning before it is HOT HOT HOT. When it starts to sizzle, head back to the pool and hang out. Dip those toes in the water to help reduce swelling!! ;) OR hotel hop. We visited the resorts along the monorail line. Plenty of places to sit and AC!! Plus, I got to enjoy afternoon activities at the resorts and explore everything they had to offer.

Drink plenty of water (even if it means additional bathroom breaks). You can go to any of the quick service counters and get FREE ice water. This is great! But also bring some water bottles along for when you are standing in line.

Consider doing tours that you will not be able to visit for a while after baby is born. Also, imagine everything you will be able to do once baby is born!! :woohoo:

As for bathrooms.. make it a goal (and running joke) to visit every bathroom in every park! Don't forget those right outside the entrances! The baby care centers are also great. If she starts to get tired, find one of the centers. She can go relax in the AC with her feet up and relax for a few minutes. They also have bathrooms!

A nice foot rub each night would also be very helpful. ;)

I would think all of those fumes coming from the cars wouldn't be good for her to breathe in.

Along with which rides to avoid, my best suggestion would be to STAY hydrated -have a water bottle with you at all times and drink regularly. You don't realize that you are becoming dehydrated until it's too late, then it can become dangerous(when pregnant).

I went to WDW in July 2010 and I was a week shy of 4 months. I had no problems at all. I did tend to want a nap in the early afternoon time. Other than that, I rode the rides that I could. While the rest of the people in my party rode rides that I couldn't, I went into the shops and looked around. Had a snack break, had a water break and took pictures of the scenery around each park. I had a very pleasant trip. I didn't have much an appetite then. I don't think I actually ate everything that I ever ordered. I snacked more often. So I guess it was more like I was eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. Maybe pack some crackers and stuff for snacking. The parks sell really good fruit cups that I bought pretty often. I think the buses should be more concern than some of the rides. :rotfl: Those things can be a bit bumpy, jerky and rough. Y'all shouldn't have any problems. Have fun.

I was 8 weeks pregnant when we went on 2010. Just go with the flow. She should be feeling a little more human (not sure if she had/has morning sickness). Allow for plenty of breaks. In fact, just take them anyway. Plenty of fluids. Have her put her feet up. Most importantly, have her listen to her body! Congrats!

There's plenty to do at WDW while pregnant. Can't say the same for some of the other parks here in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter