WDW Vets/DLR Newbies Unite!

Oh... and even though we live in Louisiana now, we lived in Fort Worth for 10 years... so that SORT of puts me in the Texas club huh??? :laughing:

You're in! :rotfl: Your trip sounds awesome. I have distant relatives in Oregon and we've done family reunions there - it is BEAUTIFUL. You'll have a blast. Enjoy!

:smickey: Reminder: Daylight Savings this weekend. Set your clock ahead an hour at 2 am Sunday morning. :hourglass

Haha! That's good! I miss FW terribly!!!! Maybe one day I'll get to move back!!! Although... it IS nice to be only 9 hours drive away from WDW!!! It's all about priorities!!! ;-)

If we were 9 hours away, I'd be on :cloud9: ! Although I know how you feel. We are so close to FW and LOVE the area. But . . . . I think 9 hours away from WDW wins. ;)

:cool1: I can't believe this time next week, we'll be on the road to Disneyland. :cool1:

7 days until the Taylors hit the road to where it all started! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:surfweb: Jennifer

Does anyone know if DLR resorts have refillable mugs like WDW? What's the easiest way to grab a soda?

And I'm assuming that soda isn't going to taste funny, seeing as how it's not made with Orlando water. ;)

:surfweb: Did any of you enter your email to be notified on the "Are You 23?" promo? The site is still counting. But, it was announced elsewhere. As rumored, it is a Disney Fan Club.

:wizard: Official D23 membership and merchandise is now for sale on Disneyshopping.com

:goodvibes Jennifer

1 day until our anticipation is over! :wizard:

:woohoo: DH purchased our Disneyland 4-Day Park Hoppers online today. There's no turning back now! ;) You see correctly "4-Day Park Hoppers"! Since we're not going to Legoland this trip, DH surprised me and added an extra Disneyland park day. Yay! More Disney fun to be had. :cool1:

:scared1: We plan to leave home around 5 am tomorrow and end up somewhere in New Mexico for the night. We should arrive in Anaheim around 4 pm on Sunday. We're relaxing Sunday night and getting to bed early. We plan to be at the Disneyland Park rope drop Monday morning. :woohoo:

:thumbsup2 I'll post a Trip Report when we get back.

Whoo Hoo! Have fun and happy driving!!! :drive:

Be sure to come back here and link your trip report when you start it!!!

1 day until our anticipation is over! :wizard:

:woohoo: DH purchased our Disneyland 4-Day Park Hoppers online today. There's no turning back now! ;) ...

ROADTRIP! Fun! Have a great time. DH and I spent 8 wonderful days at WDW in October. It was a blast and we can't wait to go back. That said, I just love Disneyland. It's just magical.

:goodvibes I have to admit, making PS for DLR was so much easier than an ADR for WDW.
Dining is MUCH easier at DLR. When we made our WDW plans we were in shock at all the "to do" over planning meals. You will find DLR a giant relief in that respect.

DH said there isn't a showing of Fantasmic! on Mon - Wed. I thought it was shown every night (sometimes two times). Did he misread????
Nightly showings of Fantasmic! since the holiday season ended was unusual. It was due to the fact that there was major work taking place on Main Street so there have been no parades or fireworks. With the "off season" ending, the new parade is starting at the end of March. Therefore, the nightly showing of Fantasmic! has ended. It is now weekends only, with fireworks back during the week.

It would be busy during the locals' Spring Break. Does anyone know when the locals have Spring Break or Californians in general? I googled and read a lot of April dates. :worship: I'm hoping that is still true.
DL starts getting busy around now. Colleges around the country start having Spring Breaks and people come to DL. Local schools (generally speaking) have Spring Break the week before or the week after Easter.

I sent you a pm back! :yay:
Have nothing specific to say to your comment, but wanted to catch your eye. I noticed your signature. - moment of silence - I STILL miss VMK. :hug:

Thanks, from what I've read here on the boards Fantasmic will be closed March to May. I'm hoping it's back up by the time we get there.
See above regarding Fantasmic! It will be back for summer. Exactly when is not yet known.

HTH,
Dreams

Born and raised in Miami, FL, I have been to WDW over 100 times in my 30 years. I love everything about WDW! My DD (4) has already been to WDW 8 times.

We have been out to CA 3 times before and my DH has never wanted to go...stating that WDW is in our backyard. This trip out to CA i have finally convinced him! We are going out for his cousins wedding....so i extened the trip by 4 days....

We will be there July 12th-16th and then we are off to Pasedena for the wedding and then Las Vegas for 2 nights!

I am BEYOND excited and am obssessed with planning out trip.

I called last week to set-up our ADR's, but was told that they don't do the 180 days like WDW....i was taken aback :lmao:

So far we will have a 3 day park hopper...hoping to do 1 day per park and then on the last day do BBB and then hop over to Ariel's gotto for dinner!

BTW...did I mention that I am super excited!

:sad1: We are back home. :cool1: What an amazing trip!!!!!! :cool1:

Some Trip Highlights:
Seeing the light on in the Fire Station. (Thanks Walt!)
Seeing the fireworks from our hotel room (Disneyland Hotel - Magic building)
Eating riverside at the Blue Bayou.
Eating at the Storytellers Cafe - Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast @ GCH. Great character interaction. (We never made it to Goofy's Kitchen. I'll explain that in my TR).
Riding in the back and front of the monorail. (When it was working. ;))
Riding the "original" PoTC with my family. (Great ride. Definitely better than the WDW version. IMO)
Riding California Screamin' (Great ride! Loved it!)
Special "Fast Pass" card (I'll explain that in my TR).
Seeing the Grand Canyon with the children.
Seeing a wild coyote run in front of us at the Grand Canyon.
Driving through snow flurries in New Mexico. (We live in Texas. So, anytime we see snow is a treat.)

:thumbsup2 I will load the pictures onto the computer and then compose a Trip Report soon.

Some Observations:

Churros, churros, churros. They are EVERYWHERE. But, so yummy!

I've heard numerous times that Disneyland is a locals park. We found that to be so true. Which makes the parks crowded no matter what time of year you visit. Both parks were crowded during our visit. But, we still didn't wait more than 20 minutes for a ride, except for Nemo Subs. Using FPs and riding the more popular rides in the morning helps in touring efficiently. The parks were definitely more crowded after 11 am.

Disney's California Adventure is a mess. But, we see their vision for the future and can't wait to see it completed. We plan to return when the renovations are completed. Next year, the water show should start. It is going to have lights on the water like Fantasmic! at DHS and also a water show like the Bellagio in Vegas. It looks like it will be an amazing show. We can't wait to go back and see it. In 2012, Cars Land should be completed. A nice CM told us that the Cars ride will be like Test Track. But, your car races the one next to you. It should be fun.

:sad2: There always seemed to be a ride closure somewhere. While at DLR the following rides/attractions were down at least once:

Monorail
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Indiana Jones Adventure
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Grizzly River Run

:thumbsup2 Rides we liked at DLR better than WDW:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Jungle Cruise
It's a Small World
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter