WDW "Vacation A Day" Contest!

Thank you for all the Congrats!!!

We had planned on doing a WDW trip this upcoming Christmas, but were unable to pull it off financially. We then decided to save up for DL instead (no flying since we are in Az), but due to my youngest daughter having yet another surgery (third in 6 months), the trip money was used for Dr. bills.... so no DL either. We were crushed, but decided to start saving for 2015.....

Now... we get to do WDW!!! I am so stoked and a little overwhelmed since I want this trip to be AMAZING (like it wouldn't be regardless??) Starting to try to figure out where we would want to stay...what we HAVE to see... where we HAVE to eat.:goodvibes ACK.

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Definitely do some homework on the Deluxes, and pick one of those! The Poly is heavenly (from what I've seen) but there is scheduled construction there sometime this year, which could put a damper on the festivities if you're going the same time they start. AKL is really gorgeous too! BC and YC are nice, I mean, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

My advice though? Pick one that's got the Monorail system with it. Ease of travel to and from your room, winner!

We had planned on doing a WDW trip this upcoming Christmas, but were unable to pull it off financially. We then decided to save up for DL instead (no flying since we are in Az), but due to my youngest daughter having yet another surgery (third in 6 months), the trip money was used for Dr. bills.... so no DL either. We were crushed, but decided to start saving for 2015.....

Now... we get to do WDW!!! I am so stoked and a little overwhelmed since I want this trip to be AMAZING (like it wouldn't be regardless??) Starting to try to figure out where we would want to stay...what we HAVE to see... where we HAVE to eat.:goodvibes ACK.

Congrats!! So happy for you! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you for all the Congrats!!! We had planned on doing a WDW trip this upcoming Christmas, but were unable to pull it off financially. We then decided to save up for DL instead (no flying since we are in Az), but due to my youngest daughter having yet another surgery (third in 6 months), the trip money was used for Dr. bills.... so no DL either. We were crushed, but decided to start saving for 2015..... Now... we get to do WDW!!! I am so stoked and a little overwhelmed since I want this trip to be AMAZING (like it wouldn't be regardless??) Starting to try to figure out where we would want to stay...what we HAVE to see... where we HAVE to eat.:goodvibes ACK. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Give us the juices details! Time of day you got the email, subject line, what day you won for, hotel choices!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Congrats to all of this years winners!! Info on the Deluxe Resorts. Our first choice last year was the Poly and due to construction we got our #2 choice. The contemporary was great and being on the monorail was amazing! Feel free to message me with any questions!

Just found this thread this week, but so happy for everyone who won trips!! Can I just say for all the newbies (or not), the Dis is a great wealth of information. And everyone loves to help, so if you have questions, ask away! And Congrats!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Sad to enter for the last time today... Made my hubby today as well though. (He hasn't up until now. Whatever.) :)

Congrats to all people who have won so far! pixiedust:

A big congratulations to the winners!

I suppose there's still hope for us yet though

There are more sweeps out there for Disney. Check Sweeps Advantage, they have a link on their home page for Disney. Someone already mentioned the ESPN one, but there were two more than just popped up in the last few days.

It is becoming an annual thing for Disney to start the year off with a contest. This is a tradition I hope they continue!

Congrats to all the winners so far and I hope we hear from more!

Just entered for the final time. *sigh*
So excited for all of the winners!!!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

Yup, it was depressing entering for the final time today :(
But they are still drawing winners so we can all still win our trips :)

Has anyone thought about the fact that they contact contest winners only on business days? I read 3-5 business days after the drawing. I wonder what day of drawing they will be on Monday?!

Oh, look -- an African elephant. How do I know it's African?

I'm in de Nile.

Best of luck to all the hopefuls, hearty congratulations to all the winners, and we'll see you all back here next year for the new contest -- I hope!

Congrats to you!!!! Sounds like this is just what ya'll need! pixiedust:

Oh, look -- an African elephant. How do I know it's African?

I'm in de Nile.

Best of luck to all the hopefuls, hearty congratulations to all the winners, and we'll see you all back here next year for the new contest -- I hope!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Not extremely new here, but forgot password, etc. Been lurking for a while now. Our last trip was in 2008 for our 23rd anniversary. At that time, it was just us. It was a dream trip for us as we stayed at AKL. The thing that sticks in my mind most about the trip is when we were on the bus one day and the only other people were a couple and their little girl. It was evident that she was adopted and just precious. The mom said, it must be nice to be here just the two of you.

I was floored. I would have loved to have been there with a child. We had not yet been blessed.

Fast forward 6 years....we now have our precious son, adopted in 2010 from Ukraine. Due to the economy, hubby in master's school and adoption expenses, we have not been able to take him to Disney.

But...we won! I received the affidavit via email yesterday. Now, to get notarized on Monday, scanned and hard copy mailed.

I only entered 3-4 times and so excited to share Disney with our boy!

Not extremely new here, but forgot password, etc. Been lurking for a while now. Our last trip was in 2008 for our 23rd anniversary. At that time, it was just us. It was a dream trip for us as we stayed at AKL. The thing that sticks in my mind most about the trip is when we were on the bus one day and the only other people were a couple and their little girl. It was evident that she was adopted and just precious. The mom said, it must be nice to be here just the two of you. I was floored. I would have loved to have been there with a child. We had not yet been blessed. Fast forward 6 years....we now have our precious son, adopted in 2010 from Ukraine. Due to the economy, hubby in master's school and adoption expenses, we have not been able to take him to Disney. But...we won! I received the affidavit via email yesterday. Now, to get notarized on Monday, scanned and hard copy mailed. I only entered 3-4 times and so excited to share Disney with our boy!

That is awesome, congratulations!! Disneyworld through a child's eyes is pretty special.

Not extremely new here, but forgot password, etc. Been lurking for a while now. Our last trip was in 2008 for our 23rd anniversary. At that time, it was just us. It was a dream trip for us as we stayed at AKL. The thing that sticks in my mind most about the trip is when we were on the bus one day and the only other people were a couple and their little girl. It was evident that she was adopted and just precious. The mom said, it must be nice to be here just the two of you.

I was floored. I would have loved to have been there with a child. We had not yet been blessed.

Fast forward 6 years....we now have our precious son, adopted in 2010 from Ukraine. Due to the economy, hubby in master's school and adoption expenses, we have not been able to take him to Disney.

But...we won! I received the affidavit via email yesterday. Now, to get notarized on Monday, scanned and hard copy mailed.

I only entered 3-4 times and so excited to share Disney with our boy!

3-4 times?! Sheesh :lmao: Well congrats to you and yours! Ya'll will have a blast! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter