• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW "Vacation A Day" Contest!

I know this is faulty thinking, but based on how many DIS winners there were last year, I am convinced they haven't started notifying the winners yet! Don't try to tell me otherwise!!! :rotfl2:

Hey that sounds pretty reasonable to me! :confused3:rotfl: Come on Disney!

I know this is faulty thinking, but based on how many DIS winners there were last year, I am convinced they haven't started notifying the winners yet! Don't try to tell me otherwise!!! :rotfl2:

Hey that sounds pretty reasonable to me! :confused3:rotfl: Come on Disney!

Works for me!!! The first day of entry was Dec 31, and the rules say that the drawing is 3 business days after, so Jan 2, Jan 3, and then Jan 6, so ... depending on what time they did the drawing, yesterday morning would have been the earliest they might have tried to contact anyone.

I'm watching my phone and ignoring anyone who calls that I know who they are. lol :lmao: They'll just have to hold that thought until around Feb 7 or so.

I have been entering everyday as well. My wife on the other hand only once ever few days or so. If we won I would choose WDW, my wife would want DL. Does anyone know if they would let half of us go to WDW and the fly the other half to DL?

I can't believe how many DISers won last year! That's wonderful! I hope we get just as many this year! If I were ever to win such an.... Amazing prize I think I would choose the Poly as my top pick, closely followed by BC. I would also love CR. I'm not in love with the theme but the convenience can't be beat!!

Not to freak anyone out or make people paranoid more than they are (;)), but IF the prize people have to email you for some reason there's a chance it will go to a spam folder. For past contests when they emailed you some people had correspondence go to the spam folder. I don't believe they initially notify you by email, but just a heads up to not automatically delete spam :)

Hey everyone!

DH and I have been entering daily. If we don't win, I really hope someone here does!

pixiedust:

My 1st pick would be AKL, then Poly and then Beach Club. I really want to try AKL but keep talking myself out of spending that much. We like longer stays so we end up with a value so we can stay longer.

If we did actually win we would definately add a few days or even a week :)

After reading the official rules I think it is safe for you guys to stop stalking the Fed Ex guy LOL It says they will first contact you via telephone or email to confirm your address before mailing those documents.

On or about one (1) business day after each Daily Drawing, each potential winner will be notified via email or phone, as appropriate, to obtain a mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once mailing addresses are available, each potential winner will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service.

After reading the official rules I think it is safe for you guys to stop stalking the Fed Ex guy LOL It says they will first contact you via telephone or email to confirm your address before mailing those documents.

On or about one (1) business day after each Daily Drawing, each potential winner will be notified via email or phone, as appropriate, to obtain a mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once mailing addresses are available, each potential winner will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service.

That may be true, but I think past contests said the same thing, and yet some people just had a package show up without notice. Things may have changed though, so we'll have to see what happens :)

I hope someone from here wins. It would be so cool.

I do know that when I won a trip (not Disney) they would not send the documents until I responded via email to confirm. Then, they just proceeded to do everything via email and fax. Sweepstakes sponsor was "Fodor's Travel". I had my own contact person there to do the trip planning.

Just curious, from previous contest like this, how is the hotel chosen? I read in the rules it said Disney chooses. So, can you expect a value resort? I'd be happy with whatever, of course pixiedust:

i'm so sad i missed out on 7 days worth of entries..oh well!

if we win, we are going to use it for disneyland...we have a trip to wdw scheduled starting one month from today and my husband has never been to DL and i went once when i was 15 and too cool to really appreciate it. plus it's much more cost prohibitive to travel from nyc to ca than it is to go to florida.

good luck, everyone!

Been entering every day. I hope we get it.

I am not sure what I want to do when I win. (Thinking positive here)

I would love to go to Disneyland as I have never been there before....but if I choose Disney World I might want to extend my stay in Florida and head over to the Harry Potter expansion at Universal....

Just curious, from previous contest like this, how is the hotel chosen? I read in the rules it said Disney chooses. So, can you expect a value resort? I'd be happy with whatever, of course pixiedust:

Past winners said they were asked to pick their top 3 resort choices. I don't think they guarantee you'll get one of those hotels but I'm guessing if they have extra rooms at one of those hotels on the dates you are traveling you'll likely get one of them.

I'm torn on choosing DL or WDW! I think since we are a family of 6 and paying for the 2 extra people, WDW would be the better fit. Plane tickets from IN to CA are so spendy.

Either way a win is a win! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter