• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW "Vacation A Day" Contest!

Not sure which park I would choose. Where as I love, WDW and have friends that live in the area that I want to see. I have never been to DL and watching footage of the area would be a once in a lifetime trip. So far from us here in Alabama.

So I think I might actually choose DL over WDW

We live in Mississippi and would do the same! We're able to drive to disney and that saves a lot of money- flying to Disneyland would be a very expensive trip! Plus watching Saving Mr. Banks has me itching to see the "original". I would definitely want to go at christmas to see all of the overlays. Plus it'll be my dad's 50th birthday and he's the Disney keeper of the family- it would be perfect. Hoping pixie dust comes our way. Whoever wins I hope spares no detail!

Entered once for myself and once for my wife. Looks like you can do this as it's per person/email address.

Perhaps we'll get lucky. Just yesterday my 5yo daughter said in the car "Daddy, how come you never win anything?" :(

I'm so happy we have a regular Fedex guy! There are MULTIPLE doors to our home that could be construed as the main entrance. In fact, the door that is the actual FRONT door is one we never ever use. We always enter through the side door attached to our mud-room and that's the place the FedEx guy usually leaves packages (just inside the mudroom).

That said, my luck is that it will be a new guy working on the day they deliver my winning affidavit and he'll put it somewhere I'd never look (like inside my truck on a rainy day...which has happened before) and I won't see it!

Stalking...

I'm so happy we have a regular Fedex guy! There are MULTIPLE doors to our home that could be construed as the main entrance. In fact, the door that is the actual FRONT door is one we never ever use. We always enter through the side door attached to our mud-room and that's the place the FedEx guy usually leaves packages (just inside the mudroom).

That said, my luck is that it will be a new guy working on the day they deliver my winning affidavit and he'll put it somewhere I'd never look (like inside my truck on a rainy day...which has happened before) and I won't see it!

Stalking...

Yeah..... I hate when I win big stuff and they leave it at the wrong door. ;)

I wish we had our regular FedEx guy back. Our house is hidden by another house, with a hidden 100 yard walkway to get to the front door. Seems I'll have to get a neon arrow with our house # to put out front so FedEx can find us. Lol!

Right?? You get me. :love2:

::yes::

During YOAMD I always felt like we needed to tidy our room in the morning before leaving for the parks. You know..... since we'd be coming back to get our things for our stay in the castle that night. :)

I didn't win squat. But I loved that promotion. :rotfl:

::yes::

During YOAMD I always felt like we needed to tidy our room in the morning before leaving for the parks. You know..... since we'd be coming back to get our things for our stay in the castle that night. :)

I didn't win squat. But I loved that promotion. :rotfl:

Well that's silly. :joker:

Should have just packed a go bag with your stuff and left it in a locker. Would have given you more time in the suite. :thumbsup2

Well that's silly. :joker:

Should have just packed a go bag with your stuff and left it in a locker. Would have given you more time in the suite. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it myself. :blush:

Thanks for posting.

I'm getting the same problem that I remember from last year.....it keeps saying my zip code is invalid. It's actually my postal code. I've tried leaving no spaces, leaving spaces, uppercase, lowercase letters etc.... :badpc:

Any Canadians out there who can do this?

I am just outside of Toronto and I can enter no problem..........

Am I missing something? I see a lot of people saying they'd choose a deluxe resort, but on the rules page is says "[a] hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) consecutive nights at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion"... And based on the estimated retail value they give, I'd say it's almost certainly a value resort that would be "selected by Disney".

Please note that I don't want to be a buzzkill on your dream scenarios - I just honestly want to know if you guys know something I don't know based on previous contests, or if I missed something in the rules or on the contest pages or somewhere else.

Am I missing something? I see a lot of people saying they'd choose a deluxe resort, but on the rules page is says "[a] hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) consecutive nights at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion"... And based on the estimated retail value they give, I'd say it's almost certainly a value resort that would be "selected by Disney".

Please note that I don't want to be a buzzkill on your dream scenarios - I just honestly want to know if you guys know something I don't know based on previous contests, or if I missed something in the rules or on the contest pages or somewhere else.

Its a post on this thread. I asked what kind of accommodations they provided assuming its was going to be a Mod. I winner from last year's contest said they stayed in a deluxe.

Post 27 and 28 on page two. Though maybe we shouldn't all assume that it would stay the same for this year.

Its a post on this thread. I asked what kind of accommodations they provided assuming its was going to be a Mod. I winner from last year's contest said they stayed in a deluxe.

Post 27 and 28 on page two. Though maybe we shouldn't all assume that it would stay the same for this year.

Thanks! I read through the thread but must've missed that. Too much reading of the 17 guidelines I guess, haha.

I would probably choose WDW just so I could transfer to a value hotel and add some days to my ticket. DLR maxes out at 5 days on anything but an AP so it would cost a lot more to extend a trip.

Now -- anyone else get only 6 sections in the "17 section" terms of use?

To the OP -- thanks for posting. Because I neglected to check the DIS yesterday, I pay the penalty of missing out on one daily entry. And with my luck, that will have been the one I would have won with.

But I will enter every day (I've already set up my email client to mail me a reminder every day, put it on my calendar, and changed my desktop background to a sign on the castle reminding me to enter) and hope and dream along with the rest of us.

enter-castle-drawing_zpsf0c0d63d.jpg

Larryz, that is such a great image, i made it my background too so I won't forget!!! Thank you!!

Winning a trip to Disney would be like winning the lottery to me. I need to get back there!!! Fingers crossed- I never wanted to win something so badly in my life!!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Well I am late to the party but I will enter today and every day afterwards. do you know if I can enter one for myself and then another for my husband? we have 2 different email address but obviously the same physical address...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter