WDW "Vacation A Day" Contest!

Question ? If you happen to win how many people are allowed on the trip?

"winner ("Winner") and up to three (3) guests" in official rules

Reading previous winners post, of other Disney contests, it looks like they work with you and you pay the difference. But every contest is different.

If we are going to fly down, I would probably want to add a day and night onto the the stay if it was allowed.

As a proud Canuck, I am we'll aware of the mathematical skill testing question. Contests need to be skill testing in order to bypass the gambling laws. So typically they test your math skills.
In printed contests the questions are a little longer but if they call it's easier. I've been called twice for small contests and was asked 2x2 and another time I was thinking of the answer to a more challenging question and the guy on the phone told me not to stress and changed the question to 1+1 :)

Just checking in...

I haven't won yet....I am not entirely sure what the hold up is!!!???

:cool1:

OMG - not two minutes after my above post I get this in my inbox...

" Great News from Disney Movie Rewards Make Sweet Memories Giveaway!"

Naturally all I saw was DISNEY and SWEEPSTAKES. I thought, finally, the golden ticket has arrived.

Then I read this...

"Congratulations, you have been selected as a potential winner in the Disney Movie Rewards Make Sweet Memories Giveaway. You have won 25 Disney Movie Rewards points and 1 Printable Mickey Iron-On (“Reveal 1 Sixth Prize”). The ARV of each Reveal 1 Sixth Prize is USD $0.10 / CAD $0.10.

SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: In order to be eligible to receive the Prize in the Promotion, you must first correctly answer, unaided, the mathematical skill-testing question in the survey below. IMPORTANT: For question 1 please answer: "

please excuse me while I grab some tissues......:sad1:

This was my skill testing question

240 divided by 20
Multiplied by 5
Subtract 11
Add 44

Good thing for my husband or I would still be staring at the computer blankly!

As far as I know, it also means we don't pay taxes on prizes won. At least contests in Canada. Not sure about contests in the US.

My mom just won a 50' flat screen smart tv and sound bar and paid nothing.

Darnit! I already envy all of you for your fantastic hockey coverage, and now you add this in too!

But, I am glad to know it isn't a pop calculus quiz to disqualify Canadians ;)

So, sitting at home (next to fireplace) watching snow fall (but not sticking....uggg...kids could have gone to school) and daydreaming about winning this. So, if I were to win (or my mom, who I have been entering for) we'd take my 2 DDs and have a ladies only trip at WDW. Not sure the date...schedule is wild, but we'd find the time. Don't know which 3 deluxe resorts I'd pick...was thinking Poly but the pool will be closed quite a bit and lots of construction going on. Maybe Yacht Club and then Beach Club and then GF. We'd be happy with the 4 nights. What would you guys pick?

SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: In order to be eligible to receive the Prize in the Promotion, you must first correctly answer, unaided, the mathematical skill-testing question in the survey below. IMPORTANT: For question 1 please answer: "

please excuse me while I grab some tissues......:sad1:

This was my skill testing question

240 divided by 20
Multiplied by 5
Subtract 11
Add 44

Good thing for my husband or I would still be staring at the computer blankly!

Did they send a proctor to make sure you didn't cheat or did you have to go to some official testing site. ;)

I'm assuming that your husband just encouraged you to work on the problem and not help you at all since its against the rules. ;)x2

So, sitting at home (next to fireplace) watching snow fall (but not sick....uggg...kids could have gone to school) and daydreaming about winning this. So, if I were to win (or my mom, who I have been entering for) we'd take my 2 DDs and have a ladies only trip at WDW. Not sure the date...schedule is wild, but we'd find the time. Don't know which 3 deluxe resorts I'd pick...was thinking Poly but the pool will be closed quite a bit and lots of construction going on. Maybe Yacht Club and then Beach Club and then GF. We'd be happy with the 4 nights. What would you guys pick?

I have been daydreaming constantly (hopefully that doesn't jinx me :goodvibes)! If we win and my DH doesn't want to go or my mom wins (I've been entering her as well) then I think we'll do AKL and upgrade to a Savannah room and then our 2 and 3 choices would be one of the monorail resorts. We'd probably go at the end of September.

If my DH is up for a trip to WDW then we'd go late January 2015 and I'm not sure where we'd stay. Probably YC or one of the monorail resorts. I'd love to invite another couple but we wouldn't want to share a room with another adult couple so I'm not sure how that would work out. Plus the other couples we'd want to invite don't live in the same city as us and I think all 4 airline tickets have to be out of the same airport. So it may just end up being the two of us but that seems like a waste of the extra tickets!

Has anyone else received a TON of random calls from various area codes? I never give my phone number out (it's my cell and only phone), so my guess is they're just telemarketing calls?? Annoying. But I'll happily take a call from Ventura! :)

I have been daydreaming constantly (hopefully that doesn't jinx me :goodvibes)! If we win and my DH doesn't want to go or my mom wins (I've been entering her as well) then I think we'll do AKL and upgrade to a Savannah room and then our 2 and 3 choices would be one of the monorail resorts. We'd probably go at the end of September.

If my DH is up for a trip to WDW then we'd go late January 2015 and I'm not sure where we'd stay. Probably YC or one of the monorail resorts. I'd love to invite another couple but we wouldn't want to share a room with another adult couple so I'm not sure how that would work out. Plus the other couples we'd want to invite don't live in the same city as us and I think all 4 airline tickets have to be out of the same airport. So it may just end up being the two of us but that seems like a waste of the extra tickets!

Maybe Disney would work with you and at least give you additional gift card money rather than park tickets? Or could you save the park tickets and sell them? I don't know if that would be allowed.

Have fun daydreaming :wave2:

Maybe Disney would work with you and at least give you additional gift card money rather than park tickets? Or could you save the park tickets and sell them? I don't know if that would be allowed.

Have fun daydreaming :wave2:

I was wondering if we could keep the two tickets for another trip and then it definitely wouldn't be a waste! I doubt they'd trade value in a GC but that would be awesome!

Of course I guess this is all putting the cart before the horse - hahaha!

Slow, cold day at work and lots of day dreaming. I'd choose 1st week of Dec. Poly, GF or AKL. Surprised no one here has won yet. We have 3 adults entering everyday. Finger still crossed.

Got a call on my cell phone and it said florida! Super excited to pick up thinking I was a winner and it was Carnival Cruise lines asking if I was interested in cruising this year. The rush was awesome but man was it a letdown.

Ugh hubby just called me saying his car is stuck in the snow so he can't get to work. Plus his cell phone battery is down to 20% with no charger. :eek::eek: He has to wait approx. hour and a half for the tow company to get him out of the ditch.
Could really use some major pixiedust: right about now.....Come on Disney!!!

sweetnsour...hope your DH gets home safely!!

So, thinking more about winning this thing...I think I'd pick Aug 13-17 since we have HHI booked for Aug 17-22. It would be just me and DDs and maybe my mom. We'd fly from BWI to MCO for the 4 nights and then rent a car to drive up to HHI on the 17th. We'd then get airfare from Charleston to BWI for us girls. DH and DS would drive down and meet us at HHI and drive home on the 22nd. I think my mom would pass on this as she's not fond of FL in the hotter months. I'd show my girls all the deluxes (which they know from eating there or staying DVC there) and let them decide. VGF would be nice as we've never stayed there (DVC or regular)...same with Poly.

I've always wondered how those monopoly pieces work for the winners- did you have to figure out it was the 'rare' piece in the property set, or was it just an "Instant Win" type of thing?

(Does that make sense?)

It was an instant win, the little tab said $25000. We thought along the same lines, yeah, instant win if we get all of what set?

It happened on a Friday and we had to call a number at the bottom, and they didn't return our call until Monday. It was torture. My husband had to do a phone interview, then they did a criminal record check on him and then we had to send the winning piece in the mail. It took less than a month to get the check in the mail.

The following year a local doctor won $1 million here as well by stopping at the drive thru at one of those express McDonald's here in gas stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter