WDW trip Dec 9-17...Weather, crowds and tips please!

laurietg

Mouseketeer
We will be in WDW Dec 9-17th 2007. I'm wondering what the weather is like during this time. Will we be able to swim? (We're from Ontario, Canada):cold: I've also been hearing some not so great things about the crowd levels for early December. Is this true?

Thanks

We went in Dec. of 2005, so just over a year ago. We went from the 12-21 in hopes of experiencing low crowds. Okay so the crowds were not so low. The word is out. Is it very crowded? No not at all, and you will have to plan like all your other trips becuase at 2:30 p.m. there will be a 70 minute wait for Soarin. So keep to your plans and you will be fine.

As far as weather goes, I wore shorts once. We are from Detroit, so we know how us Notherners feel about weather. I swam twice, once at the Poly and once at the Hard Rock. Pools are heated to 80 degress so getting in wasn't bad, it was getting out! But I just had to use the waterslides so I'm running up the stairs freezing my tail off to ride the slides.

Pants and light jackets were the atire and often the jackets did come off during the afternoon.

If you are looking for the lightest time to go...I think now you have to wait for a hurricane and then head down! :rotfl2:

We were there the same week in 2006 - Dec 11th thru 16th (a Monday to Saturday). The crowds were fine. Not as low as Sept or Feb, but very managable. Really didn't wait for much except to meet princesses and some of the shows. We rode everything multiple times - in fact our Epcot day we called "Double Day" because we rode everything two times in a row. We had very good restaurant experiences by eating at off-peak times. Friday, I noticed the crowds starting to pick up and Saturday even more. The weather was nice - 60s/70s & tshirts during the day and fleece jackets at night. It did rain on us once. I'm very cold natured so I would never swim at those temps but I'm sure others might. (I'm from Texas so I like it to be HOT when I swim!)

It's probably the lowest crowds of the whole month. The first week you have parade taping and pop warner crowds. Then after the weekend of 15th/16th crowds will steadily increase until Christmas.

We were there for the first few days of the period in question. Crowds were pretty manageable (very manageable compared to peak times). We had only one ADR set up but with some persistance were able to score reservations at most dining places we wanted to hit. Swimming is certainly doable if you are from up north. We spent one not so warm afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon and did not mind the temperature. It was not bad at all if you stay on the move.

We were there Dec 10-17 2006. At the beginning of the week the crowds were very light, by the weekend (16 and 17th) it was getting a lot busier. It was very warm. You could easily swim. However we were there the same week in 2005 and needed hats and mitts, definitely not swimming weather so you never know.

We were there December 8-16th and found crowds and weather not a problem at all. I also worried about crowds but lines were short and only on Saturday did the MK get really bad. I suggest Epcot for the weekends since its so big that you won't notice crowds as much. Other than that, lines were usually 10 minutes or less or a walk on. Only at the Great movie ride and meeting minnie had 20 minute waits. It's a good thing you chose the 2nd week and not the 1st because pop warner will be around and it will be a little more crowded. Weather was freezing on the 1st day, and then warm and sunny the rest of the week and it only rained once for like an hour. Just pack for all types of weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter