• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Travel Co. changed my reservation dates

Tess'smom

Mouseketeer
:eek: I just called to make my final payment to WDW travel company and the invoice on line now shows one day less. I have all of the emails from Disney confirming my original reservations and they also confirm I made no changes to the reservations. Now they are saying there is no room available in POR on my last day. I am freaking out a little bit. I am on hold now for the past 20 minutes waiting for a response and getting more worried by the minute. Wish me luck. I have never had a problem with my reservations in the past ten years, so I hope this can be fixed.

:eek: I just called to make my final payment to WDW travel company and the invoice on line now shows one day less. I have all of the emails from Disney confirming my original reservations and they also confirm I made no changes to the reservations. Now they are saying there is no room available in POR on my last day. I am freaking out a little bit. I am on hold now for the past 20 minutes waiting for a response and getting more worried by the minute. Wish me luck. I have never had a problem with my reservations in the past ten years, so I hope this can be fixed.

If you have a confirmed ressie, they need to honor it. If they can't, then they need to upgrade you for your trouble.

Thanks to Shaelee at WDW Travel Company the problem is fixed. She said it was a computer error and she took care of it. The trip is paid and we are on our way in 50 days!!!

Thanks to Shaelee at WDW Travel Company the problem is fixed. She said it was a computer error and she took care of it. The trip is paid and we are on our way in 50 days!!!

Wheww, very glad that got resolved. I would have been sweating bullets! Now, if my airline would quit changing flight info. A big merger (major problem for our connection) and now 3 tweeks in 1week. I check our airline website every couple of days, now maybe I need to check our WDW once in a while too.

I hope your airline reservations are what you need. That is very stressful Heidi! What airline are you flying?

If you have a confirmed ressie, they need to honor it. If they can't, then they need to upgrade you for your trouble.

+1 I'm glad to hear it worked out for the OP but if she had the confirmation emails they have to honor it, one way or another.

It's not like WDW isn't big enough they can't find a room as nice or better somewhere on property.

Wow! So glad it worked out for you! That would have been quite a bummer. Think I'll check my reservation a time or two now....

I hope your airline reservations are what you need. That is very stressful Heidi! What airline are you flying?

United. They merged with Continental Airlines and totally messed up my reservation, changing our connecting flight out of Chicago to MCO, so we would not make our connection. They removed our "Economy Plus" seats, that I paid extra for and changed our flight times significantly.

Thank goodness I booked with Travelocity, they were able to help us change our flights, refund our "economy plus " fees and received a travel voucher for United for a future flight. All in all it took 2days of phone calls to change our flights and seats and 4 weeks to refund our fees and get the voucher. It was not a great experience.

Since then, they have messed with our flight times, changed planes (then moved our seats to the back of the plane) 3times in the last week!

Thank goodness I booked with Travelocity, they were able to help us change our flights, refund our "economy plus " fees and received a travel voucher for United for a future flight. All in all it took 2days of phone calls to change our flights and seats and 4 weeks to refund our fees and get the voucher. It was not a great experience.

If you had booked directly with United it would have been taken care of quicker, FWIW.

Flight times on all airlines (except, usually, Southwest....they generally only change times when a flight has been entirely cancelled or something is wrong with the plane) can and do change. Expect more changes! And in the future, go directly with the airline, because it takes a lot less work to get on a different flight, than having to deal with a TA (which travelocity is).

United. They merged with Continental Airlines and totally messed up my reservation, changing our connecting flight out of Chicago to MCO, so we would not make our connection. They removed our "Economy Plus" seats, that I paid extra for and changed our flight times significantly.

Since then, they have messed with our flight times, changed planes (then moved our seats to the back of the plane) 3times in the last week!

Same problems here. They sig. changed our(arriving flight) connections in Chicago, because they cancelled our connecting flight, so put us on a later one- so 5 hrs layover. We did phone, and they re-booked us on other flights that I requested.

Then they also canceled flights going home, and had me connecting in Houston at 5pm, when I wasn't even leaving MCO till 6pm :eek: How does that work :confused3 So again we were re booked, and now leaving at 3pm.

I think the problem with booking early, is that if flights don't fill up by a certain date, they're cancelled, and re-booking on their end is all computer generated, so there's not a person looking to see if it's going to work.

The Airline has been very good about changing flights to suit me. I go online to see what else will work. Then i tell them what i would like.

The booking agents aren't always too great with figuring things out either. She kept on looking at connections thru Chicago- I had to tell her, Chicago isn't my destination, I can connect in Houston or Denver- what ever has the best flight times and connections. :idea:

If you had booked directly with United it would have been taken care of quicker, FWIW.

Flight times on all airlines (except, usually, Southwest....they generally only change times when a flight has been entirely cancelled or something is wrong with the plane) can and do change. Expect more changes! And in the future, go directly with the airline, because it takes a lot less work to get on a different flight, than having to deal with a TA (which travelocity is).

Agree. I had my flights sorted out in an hour by phone to airline.

To the OP so glad all is well, sorry for the anxiety.. I would have freaked as well.

The experiences with United/Continental remind me of our WDW trip earlier this year when we were on the DME with a gentleman who sat next to us who was on the phone with his wife trying to calm her down because United had cancelled her flight and wouldn't rebook her and she was 4 hrs from home with 2 small childen. Coincidently, we were on the bus to AK a few days later and the wife and kids were there with the man. We started to talk since the man reconginized us and she told us her horror story. All worked out in the end but she had a major meltdown in the airport since they were less than helfpul and wouldn't even try to get her a hotel room for the nite and had told her that they would rebook her 2 days later. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter