WDW Traffic

joedplumber

Love Vacationing!
Is the traffic at WDW as bad as they say on the boards? Or did I just hit WDW at the right time?

In July 2013 we stayed at POFQ and always drive and arrive at the parks at RD and leave either at closing or 11pm, whichever comes first.

In April 2014 we stayed at WBC and did the same drove and arrived for RD and left at closing or 11pm.

My DW always get nervous about driving because there might be soooo much traffic getting to the parks.

She has said that a lot of people stay onsite because the traffic getting to the parks is “HORRIBLE”.

However, when we stayed at WBC which is off site there was no noticeable difference than when we stayed onsite. Thankfully this put my DW a little at ease.

So I guess my question is, is it because of the time of the year that we didn’t hit a lot of traffic to and from the parks or is it just an old wives tale that there is a lot of traffic getting to Disney to get people to stay on site?

I've never seen heavy traffic at WDW. I've never heard anyone complain about the traffic either. The one time we stayed off site and hit Rt. 192, west of I-4 there was not much traffic there either. The only traffic I've ever even heard about was using I-4 at rush hour.

We've never encountered serious traffic at WDW (with the exception of right at park closing), but some of the outside roads that lead to WDW can have serious traffic. Perhaps that's what you are reading about?

We've never encountered serious traffic at WDW (with the exception of right at park closing), but some of the outside roads that lead to WDW can have serious traffic. Perhaps that's what you are reading about?

I think so. I think there is a difference between offsite and off property/outside the gates. Because I believe you can be offsite but on property. I think the traffic comes to play when you are offsite and off property and have to travel on highways.

Heavy traffic, within WDW? I haven't experienced what I would call 'heavy' traffic. I have, though, experienced drivers who had no idea where they were going, drivers who made last minute lane changes, etc. You have to figure that in an area that is as huge as WDW is, there are going to be plenty of drivers who are basically clueless. Heaven forbid they miss their exit....instead of just going to the next exit and going back, they swing across three lanes of traffic right at the exit!!!! I've seen more close calls with this.
Between the locals speeding around (sorry Jeff), the CMs in a rush to get to work (or home from work) and the clueless tourists? I prefer the buses! At least they stand a chance on the roads.....but, I've seen some really close calls with them too. They don't stop so fast when cut off!!!!

Unless there is a major disruption like a marathon, xmas or NYE, there is very little traffic at WDW. Currently, DTD is a mess and you will experience traffic and at park closings, expect traffic. Other than that, it's almost no traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter