WDW to use Wristbands in place of Tickets

I think this sounds like an wonderful idea. It will be so much faster than waiting at the turnstiles for everyone to dig though their bags and find their tickets and then pass them out to everyone in the group and then make sure everyone has the right one that matches with their fingerprints.
I understand there are some concerns for AP guest but I don't see why keeping track of a wrist band is any different than keeping track of a ticket. :confused3 However I do not have an AP so I cannot say for sure what effect it would have on you.
I hope this works and I hope they start to use them soon!

They need to do something. We just got back from a weeklong trip and had problems with tickets not working in fast pass machines or the turnstile every day we were there. They become "deactivated" way too easily. ::yes::

I keep reading that people are disappointed because they don't want to have to wear a band on their wrist on vacay.

Is there some kind of "law" that says you have to wear them on your wrist?

If not I'll find a spot elsewhere like in my purse pocket where I would normally keep the KTTW card. No biggie.

If Disney has to go through the FCC does that mean that there is a transponder involved? If so will that be an information security issue as credit card information will be attached to the KTTW? Could this be something that hackers could get into?
We were just at the world and had the RFID locks at Kidani. It was easy and fast.

All depends on implementation. If it's using a 2-factor authentication process, it'll be fairly prohibitive to get any useful information out of one, but 2-factor does increase the cost [and with them being labeled as disposable, I'm wouldn't be surprised if the cost/benefit decided against 2fa]. Further, I personally doubt [with no knowledge] that the RFID only offers a limited bit of information [Resort + Room #, and maybe ticket #], and everything else is retrieved by using that information on Disney's network.

A note, the risk between a RFID KTTW and RFID Bracelet KTTW are going to be pretty similar. The only difference I can really see is one might have a different range.

I think that for the getting into hotel rooms and getting into parks, the wrist band will be a good option, but I don't see people getting wrist scans for dining credits. I think the KTTW card in some style/form will still be an option, but I can see how entrance wrist bands would be helpful.

As for comfort and being made to wear one; I went to a 3 day festival that attached an RFID wrist band on day 1 and it was to be kept on for each day, they were laminated paper with a tiny RFID square in them. They weren't very attractive and sometimes would scratch my wrist but they lasted 3 days (and probably more if I didn't cut mine off) and made entrance a breeze, including bag check. Im sure Disney would create a much better/more comfortable/longer term type wrist band that would be removeable. Maybe Disney could use the wrist bands they have for the photopass cards at the water parks and the F&W gift cards, so it's easily removable but still easy to use to scan/swipe for dining/photopass/fastpass/charging to your room. :idea:

This is invevitable - the whole FP+ change is not about improving the guest experience or getting you on a ride quicker. It is 100% about collecting data and marketing.

Once they rifd you for FP+, they will be collecting data on you all day long - when you rode a bus/monorail, how many times you go to the bathroom, where you go for snacks and meals, what SB lines you wait in, what shows you attend...

You can put RFID readers anywhere, without the parkgoing public even knowing they are there.

All of this data will allow them to expand and market more efficiently.

It would be a pain in the (_l_) to have one person go get FP's for a large group.
I was wondering the same thing.

I will be interested to see how this plays out in terms of obtaining FP not through the FP+ system or whatever the heck they are calling it.

Love the idea. Like someone else said my hands are full, I have to dig out my ticket, go through security, go through the scanner, then get everything back together again. It's just a pain in the butt. You wouldn't have to wear them, you could put them in a bag, pocket, on a lanyard. I would make things much easier.

I think this sounds like an wonderful idea. It will be so much faster than waiting at the turnstiles for everyone to dig though their bags and find their tickets and then pass them out to everyone in the group and then make sure everyone has the right one that matches with their fingerprints.
I understand there are some concerns for AP guest but I don't see why keeping track of a wrist band is any different than keeping track of a ticket. :confused3 However I do not have an AP so I cannot say for sure what effect it would have on you.

I can keep the AP in my wallet, not so with the wristband. I hate this idea!

This is invevitable - the whole FP+ change is not about improving the guest experience or getting you on a ride quicker. It is 100% about collecting data and marketing.

Once they rifd you for FP+, they will be collecting data on you all day long - when you rode a bus/monorail, how many times you go to the bathroom, where you go for snacks and meals, what SB lines you wait in, what shows you attend...

You can put RFID readers anywhere, without the parkgoing public even knowing they are there.

It sounds creepy to me! Will they also know when I use the bathroom? Why do we so easily give up our freedoms? Tracking at the supermarket, tracking with online shopping, tracking everywhere. I don't mind anonymous tracking, it's when they know my name and almost everything else about me that makes me uncomfortable.

Love the idea. Like someone else said my hands are full, I have to dig out my ticket, go through security, go through the scanner, then get everything back together again. It's just a pain in the butt. You wouldn't have to wear them, you could put them in a bag, pocket, on a lanyard. I would make things much easier.
I'm not following your logic.

If one puts it in a bag or pocket, how is that any less a pain than a conventional ticket?

It is also beneficial to the customer in the long run. Data collecting helps them understand customer trends/changes so that they quickly add/make changes without wasting a ton of cash on blind testing. Budgets can be allocated with more foresight.

I have no problem having them put my AP on a bracelet. It would be much easier for us too if the kids can pick their wristband. My DD is devastated she doesn't have Minnie on her AP - and typically I'd tell her to suck it up but it is for a whole year! Picking her color band for the year would be much better!
They need to do something. We just got back from a weeklong trip and had problems with tickets not working in fast pass machines or the turnstile every day we were there. They become "deactivated" way too easily. ::yes::
So strange... I've had the same ticket for a year now and not had one problem. I've used it for four 8 day trips and living here since July we've gone at least two dozen times. I keep all AP's for the family together in one pouch with a CC too. Strange that people are always having problems....were they tickets or KTTW cards?
It would be a pain in the (_l_) to have one person go get FP's for a large group.

not if they are the rubber removable bands it would be easy to do. I'm thinking quicker if you have a large group too.

It sounds creepy to me! Will they also know when I use the bathroom?

Sure, put an RFID reader at the entrance to each bathroom then you will know how many times a typical guest visits a restroom.

Also, by knowing traffic flow within a park, they will know how many toilets they need and where to place bathrooms.

Is there some kind of "law" that says you have to wear them on your wrist?.
Not now but Disney could pass a law anytime they wish to. It would be valid and enforceable in any park.

Just like they do (or should do) nowadays with parties or extra magic hours. You would be stopped and questioned if you did not have the bracelet on your wrist.

The question that arises is, would it be nonremovable so someone else could not try to use it? How would it work for non-expiring tickets when you come back a few months or a few years later?

We just participated in the fastpass+ trial a couple of weeks ago and had a horrible experience. My family got it and my sil received it too but only for 2 people out of her 5 people reservation. So that is a probably right there, they should do the whole reservation and not just people using ME. My SIL went to guest relations and gave her tickets for the whole party but none of them worked. Made for an horrible evening right after their engagement at Disney.

My family issue was when we went to do Wishes the view was amazing but, my daughter's ticket was declined, I was told I needed to be in one location when my husband was in another location. Luckly I printed out where we were suppose to be but had to fight with a CM to get my 8 year old dd in with me. Really.

Fastpass+ completely took the magic out of things. IMO

I don't want to wear a wristband, especially if the weather is hot.

You know you would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal b/c its so small but as anyone who has been to MNSSHP in September knows it is a pain in the rear. My wrist collects sweat beads underneath our wristbands its just icky.

I'm all for it if it speeds up getting through the turnstile. But would they still require you to do the finger scan? If not, how do they prevent you from taking off the bracelet and letting someone else use it? If they can work the kinks out though, I'm all for it. Hope you get to pick your color.

I have to believe that the powers that be will offer a choice of "trackers" be it wristband or current kttw. They will have to provide a way to remedy a situation that would involve a person with autism or a severe sensitivity condition etc. People with these afflictions have routines (ones I'm sure their caretakers and or parents work very hard to keep intact) and any deviation can trigger a host of issues.

On a selfish note, our next trip will be a twelve day visit. I'm ok with a wristband for a few hours or even a day but I don't want to be tagged like a head of steer for over a weeks time. (and before you post that Disney isn't piercing my ear with the band.....I am well aware its a bracelet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter