WDW to Universal

waltdisneymama

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I'm wondering about transportation to Universal from All Star Sports Resort, WDW. I read that the Lynx public bus is a cheap and workable way to get to Seaworld. What about Universal; have any of you taken the Lynx bus to get
to Universal, and if so, how did it go? Did you take it from the Ticket and Transportation Centre? Did you go by other means and what was your cost? (We will have 1 adult, 2 teens and 1 child.)
Thanks a lot for any replies!!

Universal it a pretty far drive. I don't know the Lynx, but I think you would either have to drive or get a cab.

Mears has regularly scheduled transportation from the WDW hotels to USF and it was pretty reasonable when we used to use it a few years back.

I just got back from WDW last week :sad1: . We took the Mears shuttle from All Start Sports to Universal. It cost us $16 round trip (adult). The phone number that I used to make the reservation was 407-423-5566. I also noticed a yellow Mears transportation phone in the lobby of All Star Sports (by the bank of pay phones and the mailbox).

That's good to hear because someone else said that it runs $40. (one way) from WDW to U.S. I definately using Mears when I go. Thanks!:thumbsup2

When we went we booked a shuttle service. It was 70.00 for 3 people. And for 7 people it was 90.00. That was return.

I wanted to check out the price for the shuttle, but couldn't find a place to change the starting point from MCO to AKL. So, instead, I just used Mear's little calculator for a luxury sedan. Plugged in AKL to HRH for 3 people. It's $45 one way or $90 round trip. I don't need round trip, but will need AKL to HRH and then HRH to MCO.

I think I will use this, even though I have heard some stories.

I wanted to check out the price for the shuttle, but couldn't find a place to change the starting point from MCO to AKL. So, instead, I just used Mear's little calculator for a luxury sedan. Plugged in AKL to HRH for 3 people. It's $45 one way or $90 round trip. I don't need round trip, but will need AKL to HRH and then HRH to MCO.

I think I will use this, even though I have heard some stories.

This is who we used. http://www.transportation2disney.com/

If you email him (John or Marie) and just let him know you need a quote for a one way trip he will let you know how much it is. For our trip we are going from the Airport to Universal and then Universal to Pop in December.

In Sept we went from Pop to Universal and then Universal to the Airport.

We were really happy with his service and he was very nice.

I've made some research for this. (as we can't rent a car because we're all under 25 and that causes a HUGE surcharge!)

I found some ways to get to USO without renting a car.

1 - Get Mears transportation on your hotel (I believe you can even book it at the front desk) to USO. This will be about $17 per person (round trip).

2 - Get bus to MK then monorail to TTC (or go directly to DTD if there are buses at the time you want) then Lynx bus to Sea World then either another bus or the I-ride Trolley to the nearest stop to USO. This will be about 4 dollars per person each way.

3 - Get a cab directly to USO from the hotel (check the mears site for a taxi fare estimator).

4 - Get bus to DTD and get a cab there to USO (much closer than most WDW hotels so this reduces a lot of the taxi fare - check the mears site for a taxi fare estimator).

5 - Get bus to MK then monorail to TTC (or go directly to DTD if there are buses at the time you want) then Lynx bus to Sea World then get a cab at Sea World to USO (MUCH closer so this cab will be probably less than $15).

I'm thinking on doing number 2 or number 5 as we're going one way only and we're a party of 4. Our parents will arrive later on this day and meet us in IoA with a rented car so going one of the choices that you pay each way is best for us (and taking a cab all the way is too expensive!)

This is who we used. http://www.transportation2disney.com/

If you email him (John or Marie) and just let him know you need a quote for a one way trip he will let you know how much it is. For our trip we are going from the Airport to Universal and then Universal to Pop in December.

In Sept we went from Pop to Universal and then Universal to the Airport.

We were really happy with his service and he was very nice.

Thanks for this link. I sent an e-mail and John just got back to me with a great rate:thumbsup2 .

Can you tell me what vehicles they are? Town cars? Vans? Thanks!

Okay, thanks. They quoted me $80 for a two leg trip. I can get a town car from Mears for $90. I think I'd rather have the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter