WDW to PORT....

NeverSayNever

DIS Veteran
Sorry for the redundancy...

But I need thoughts on who to call to reserve private transportation from WDW to the Port.

I just read on one of the companies that they cannot pick up before 10am due to Port Canveral rules... Is this true? We wanted an earlier than 10 pickup.

Also, is the DCL Pickup time that much later?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Best,

NEVER SAY NEVER

Sorry for the redundancy...

But I need thoughts on who to call to reserve private transportation from WDW to the Port.

I just read on one of the companies that they cannot pick up before 10am due to Port Canveral rules... Is this true? We wanted an earlier than 10 pickup.

Also, is the DCL Pickup time that much later?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Best,

NEVER SAY NEVER
Private transportation cannot drop off at the port earlier than 11:00 from what I've read. So they will not schedule pick ups earlier than 10:00. It takes about an hour to get to the port from WDW.

Generally DCL transfer busses pick up anywhere in the 10:45-12:30 window. You won't know what specific time your resort's pickup is until the night before. It can take from 1-1 1/2 hours to get to the port via DCL transport, due to the multiple pick ups each bus does.

Our last cruise we had a 12:30 pick up (DCL transfers), and arrived at the port at 1:30. And our bus made 2 other stops. Absolutely no line in the terminal for check in and boarding. And our room was ready practically immediately.

Previously, we've had earlier pick up and arrival at the port within that 1 1/2 hour window.

The company we used in January picked us from our hotel near MCO and dropped us at the port at 10am (they were early picking us up). We had a PAT of 10.30. I told them I wanted to be dropped off at 10.30 and they didn't question the arrival time. No problems when we arrived at the port either.

We've used HappyLimo.com on several occasions and had great service with them, highly recommend. We got to the port about 10:45 with them vs about 12:30 when using DCL transportation. Just my $.02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter