WDW to MD

katallo

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about auto train going to WDW and driving home. Would like to drive about 6-7 hours each day. What would be a good place for our first stop after a 6 - 7 hour drive? TIA

I would think Dillon or Florence South Carolina might be about 6 to 7 hours. Stayed in both once but it was 20+ years ago coming back from WDW so no idea about what is there now.

On our way home, we drive straight through. But going down, we often stop in Florence, SC and it's about half way (7 hours ish) to my home in MD. There is a nice Comfort Suites there and I think also a Country Inns and Suites that we've stayed at.

Might have to think about that for our trip back. We are driving from Owings Mills, straight through at night while the kids sleep. Not sure if I will want to drive straight through back during the day after being in the parks for eight days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter