WDW tickets to DL tickets?

kellysa

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We were in WDW last Dec. We ended up not using all the days on our hopper tickets so we paid for the non-expiration option. We are now planning a trip to DL this October. Is there a way to exchange or convert the WDW tickets we have to DL tickets?
Thanks!
Kelly

Yes, at DL. But what I don't know is if they retain their hopper status or become one park per day only tickets.

Let's pretend there are 3 days left on your tickets.

You will take them to DLR. They will remove a day, give you a park ticket for that day and a your WDW ticket which will now have 2 days left on it.

On the next day, you will go to DLR with your WDW ticket and repeat the above step, except this time when they give it back to you it will have only 1 day left on it.

And repeat.

I am 99% sure it is a PH if your WDW tickets are PHs.

- Dreams

P.S. DLR tickets cannot be treated similarly at WDW.

You just go to the turnstyle for whichever Park you want to start with. When you give the turnstyle Cast Member your WDW ticket, they will page for a Lead. They'll ask you to step aside and then the Lead will do their thing in the office and find out how many days are left on your ticket. Then they'll deduct one day from your WDW PH and give you a DLR PH in return.

You just go to the turnstyle for whichever Park you want to start with. When you give the turnstyle Cast Member your WDW ticket, they will page for a Lead. They'll ask you to step aside and then the Lead will do their thing in the office and find out how many days are left on your ticket. Then they'll deduct one day from your WDW PH and give you a DLR PH in return.

Great news!! Thank you very much. It is much cheaper for us to use our 10 day parkhopper tickets for a few days at DL than to buy 3 day parkhopper tickets when at DL. And my DH will get his birthday admission free so he really only needs two days of tickets.

It doesn't matter if the 10 day WDW ticket hasn't been used yet, does it? I have one with 1 day left and another with all 10 days left that I plan to bring with me to use for my 3 days of admission to DL.

It shouldn't matter how many days are used on the WDW ticket. :) Have fun!

This is great news! When we were adding the non-expiration option and the extra days at WDW, we were told that our WDW PH tickets could not be used at DL. I thought I had heard somewhere that this could be done. I knew I needed to ask on this forum! Thanks for your help as always! We'll definitely give it a try.
Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter