WDW tickets from Airmiles no longer Tyvek?

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
When did Disney start to send out hard plastic park passes? I just recieved my passes from AM and they were the hard plastic type rather than the tyvek passes they used to use. Anybody know when this changed?

I guess it has to do with the new RFID?

When did Disney start to send out hard plastic park passes? I just recieved my passes from AM and they were the hard plastic type rather than the tyvek passes they used to use. Anybody know when this changed?

I guess it has to do with the new RFID?

They switched over when they introduced the RFId turnstiles. At first it was just with the room keys and then they switched over AP's and people purchasing tickets at the gate.

Just got mine yesterday and they were plastic as well. Does anyone else just buy the 3 Day Child's ticket and then upgrade when you arrive? Too many Air Miles to buy the full shot adult park hoppers.

I hadn't thought of getting the 3-day child tickets. I had thought of upgrading adult tics from AM. If others have had success, I would do this. I'm struggling to get the last AM's that I need for our October trip. You've had no issues doing this?

Nope. You can upgrade any ticket to whatever you want. We just upgrade to adult 7 day and add park hopper. We even have some older non expiring tickets from years ago that still have some days or water park visits left on them. We will use those to go to Typhoon Lagoon on a future trip.

I think I love you in the most Disney of ways! You have just made my life a lot easier! Thanks!!!

How quickly have you received your AM WDW tickets once you've placed your order with AM?

We ordered them last Monday or Tuesday and got them on Friday via Purolator. I don't know if that's typical but there ya go!

Just got mine yesterday and they were plastic as well. Does anyone else just buy the 3 Day Child's ticket and then upgrade when you arrive? Too many Air Miles to buy the full shot adult park hoppers.

I hadn't thought of getting the 3-day child tickets. I had thought of upgrading adult tics from AM. If others have had success, I would do this. I'm struggling to get the last AM's that I need for our October trip. You've had no issues doing this?

Just a heads up for both of you....

I have always redeemed my AM for a childs ticket (used to get the premium) and upgrade to adult and then add on days to the max 10 and have done it several times. As long as you have a NEW plastic ticket it will be fine. If you happen to get a ticket from older stock that is Tyvek you will have a problem. The old ones are of significantly lower value and since you have to upgrade before going into the park (child-adult tix) you will be charged a high fee for the upgrade. They don't openly offer price bridging...some CM's don't even know about it. Last year I used my AM's for a childs 7 day premium and when I upgraded it they were going to charge me over $200....the difference from child to adult is approx. $20. I had to ask for a manager and mentioned price bridging which in the end he did. I was also given a lecture about how they were not bridging anymore.

Also, AM no longer offers anything other than base tickets.

How can you tell if it's new or old? I might be getting the 7 day adult tickets as a birthday present to upgrade when I am there in Nov.

Or do I just need to go into the park first to make sure I get the current pricing.

How can you tell if it's new or old? I might be getting the 7 day adult tickets as a birthday present to upgrade when I am there in Nov.

Or do I just need to go into the park first to make sure I get the current pricing.

It shouldn't be a problem what tickets you get. Most likely they will be the newer ones, but if they aren't you will be directed what to do with them upon arial.

Dancin.....can you explain price bridging?

LOL...not really. It has to do with tickets that are old but unused. Old tickets cost less then current tickets and when you go to upgrade them they charge you the difference between what the original cost was and what current gate price is. Bridging changes things so that you only pay the current price difference.

I'm not 100% sure that that is an accurate explanation.

The number of air miles all so went up. I am happy that i got two tickets in June. I saved 400 airmiles.

Just wanted to give everyone an update, we were able to upgrade our 3 Day child tickets from Airmiles to 7 day Adult park hoppers with no trouble, we didn't even get new tickets, they just put the upgrades on the plastic tickets that came from Airmiles. However, the paper ticket that we got for our daughter had to be switched to a plastic ticket in order to work on the new RFID scanners at the park entrances.

So. If I have a paper ticket I just get it changed to plastic when I am there? It is a 7 day ticket and I'm not upgrading so there shouldn't be a cost right?

So. If I have a paper ticket I just get it changed to plastic when I am there? It is a 7 day ticket and I'm not upgrading so there shouldn't be a cost right?

No cost. I was there last week and was told at the gate that I had to go and have my paper tickets changed to the new plastic ones. It was very quick.

The one thing that I don't like is that the new ones don't have the type of ticket printed on the back...ie park hopper, non expiring. I have several tickets and now require a slip of paper to note what each ticket is.....that's all I was offered.

Ok. Do I just do this at guest services? If so does guest services open before the park does? I'd like to be there early and get it out of the way.

Ordered and received my AM tics (three 5d adult) within 3 days and they were the green cards - Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Will likely add 1 or 2 days late in our trip to avoid the chance of FP+ choices being disrupted (reportedly a problem). Very excited for our upcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter