• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW through an 8-month-old’s eyes &10m &13m &16m...New 10/30!

All caught up! Great photos; the one of you holding Aria up in church with her little mouth open (she looks so happy!) and the one of her looking up at the little dog really stood out to me. She is so cute. How fun to be going to Europe! I lived/studied in Spain for 6 months a few years back and got to spend New Year's Eve with my DH (then boyfriend) in Rome. It was so beautiful! Unfortunately I didn't make it elsewhere in Italy or to Holland or Germany, though. Aria will be a well-traveled little girl!

Loving your Oct. plans so far! BLT looks so awesome.

Oh, and I totally can relate to the religion/politics and family thing. I come from a very conservative southern Christian family and... let's just say I have vowed to never discuss those topics with them because we will never see them the same way! ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

Aria is just SOOOO Cute!

I would probably try to exchange the AP's the day you go into MK if you hope to be able to use them for a trip next year and have access on your Birthday.

The only CS locations I have found that take the TiW card are those at resorts that do not have a TS restaurant so at the Poly for CS they wouldn't work anyways.

BLT looks so nice. I love the colors in the room. I hope I get to stay there one day.

So you have to be a DVC member to go to the lounge? That's beat. You should be able to go if you're staying there!

I have no idea about the AP vouchers. Can you exchange them at BLT or guest services at MK? Does it have to be the TTC?

Yeah! You have to be a DVC member staying AT BLT on points to go! Ridiculous! No idea what our chances are but it's worth a shot IMO!

Joining in..better late than never. I have lots of catching up to do! We took DS in Feburary when he he was 7.5 months and had a great time :thumbsup2

Aw thanks for joining! I'd love to hear about DS's first trip! How'd he do with the characters? In restaurants? Nap time?

I do not like lobster either. Aria looked very pretty all dressed up. You did a good job with the cupcakes. They look yummy. My family always eats for 2-3 hours too. My Dad is very liberal, and my husband's Mom is very conservative, so it is always fun dealing with both of them.

I think the Contemporary has full cribs, since it is a deluxe. We had a full crib at the GF for Connor. It would be one less thing for you to pack. I hope you get to watch the fireworks from your lake view. It is really awesome watching from your room.

We have never owned APs (even though I am seriously considering it very soon). I would assume that the ticket booths open earlier than the park, but I could be wrong. If they do, I would get the tickets your birthday morning.

Thanks! Too funny about families! Yes my parents and DHs parents couldnt be any more different, so I try to just not talk about politics with anyone (pretty easy since I don't really follow it very closely).

That'd be so nice to get a full crib, though she does fine in a pack n play too. I hope we get to watch the fireworks too! :)

I was just worried about what time the ticket booths opened since we had a bf ADR for be fore the park opens!

I did hear about the destruction in Cinque Terre (strangely enough, from somewhere on the DIS). So sad. Such a lovely place. I'm glad we got there (back in 2005). Sorry you missed it on your trip. We loved Venice...probably my favorite place. So unique.

Love all the cute Aria photos!

First evening plans sound good. I like that you're keeping several options open. Hope Aria has a good travel day. BLT looks nice. We almost stayed one night in a MK view studio (Dec. 2010), but had to cancel that when we had to adjust the dates of that trip. Still on the would-like-to-do list. I bet the TotWL is nice!

For your APs, I know that you can do it at the guest services booth outside of MK (that's where we bought ours), so as long as that booth is open, it shouldn't be a problem. I would think it would be open by the time you head in for your ADR. Depending on where you go on arrival night, you may not get any advantage from having the TiW card early. I'm pretty sure Captain Cook's does not take it, not sure about the other options. So, I would wait until your birthday to get the APs/TiW.

Yeah I have no idea how the first night will be so I wanted to keep it open with no ADR. Maybe pool time if Aria is up to it, but mainly just want to get settled in and get a good nights sleep!

Thanks for the tips on the guest services booth! And the TiW card!

Not sure about the AP exchanges, but I love the BLT rooms and I am excited that you get to stay there!

I am glad you plan to cloth diaper on the trip! If we have a LO come next October, I am hoping to continue to use cloth, especially because we will probablu sty in a villa and have access to a W/D. I want baby to be comfortable and have things that he/she is used to, if tha makes sense.

Thanks I'm excited about staying there too! I know what you mean about keeping baby in what's familiar. We have a full laundry at the condo, so I'm planning to do laundry every 3-4 days (probably twice during the trip). Shouldn't be too bad!

First things first. Love the pics from the baptism! That dress is super special but I love the afterwords dress too. Sounds like a fun and rather interesting time had with all haha! I try not to talk politics either. Especially with my DH's family. You and Aria are both beautiful! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend. Oh and I also love the pictures of when y'all were just hanging out. She's just getting so big!

Ok on to the other update about the trip :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes it was a very nice weekend and so nice of my grandparents to fly up. My grand mom mentioned it was her last trip. Which is pretty sad considering she used to jet set around the world.

Looks like a great first day at the world. So jealous you're staying at BLT! Looks beautiful! Hope you get the MK view! As far as the AP's go I have no advice since I've never held an AP. GL!

Aw I just wish we could spend all 10 nights there but cant beat the $350 that the condo costs for 7 nights...!

All caught up! Great photos; the one of you holding Aria up in church with her little mouth open (she looks so happy!) and the one of her looking up at the little dog really stood out to me. She is so cute. How fun to be going to Europe! I lived/studied in Spain for 6 months a few years back and got to spend New Year's Eve with my DH (then boyfriend) in Rome. It was so beautiful! Unfortunately I didn't make it elsewhere in Italy or to Holland or Germany, though. Aria will be a well-traveled little girl!

Loving your Oct. plans so far! BLT looks so awesome.

Oh, and I totally can relate to the religion/politics and family thing. I come from a very conservative southern Christian family and... let's just say I have vowed to never discuss those topics with them because we will never see them the same way! ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

Aw thanks! She absolutely loves Oliver (the little dog). They are buddies :) where in Spain did you live? I also lived/studied there for 6 months...back in 2000! I was in Zaragoza. And I didn't take advantage at all and never left Spain though I did see a few parts of Spain thankfully.

Sounds like we have similar families...lol.

Aria is just SOOOO Cute!

I would probably try to exchange the AP's the day you go into MK if you hope to be able to use them for a trip next year and have access on your Birthday.

The only CS locations I have found that take the TiW card are those at resorts that do not have a TS restaurant so at the Poly for CS they wouldn't work anyways.

Thank you! Yeah I mentioned that plan to dh and he just rolled his eyes about a birthday trip. Hahaha. I need the southwest credit card offer again for the 50000 points so I can get more flights free next year!

I am on a coworkers iPad right now because stupid me forgot the card that gets me access to my computers at work. Which means no work for me today and even worse, no new updates. Idk how to post pics from this thing on the DIS? I typically post them into a private album on Facebook and then copy and paste the link to here, but idk how to do that. And of course I have all the pictures of the outfits for Disney - both for Aria and myself.

But good news about the AP. I posted over in the attractions/strategies board about the predicament and ROBO responded that guest services opens at 7:30. So we should be fine to get them that morning, as well as the TiW card and possibly pick up the MNSSHP tickets then too.

I can also comment on my weekend which was pretty uneventful.

Saturday we went up to Salem, MA for the day. Out to lunch - Aria tried out the high chair but it was still really big for her, and she was great at lunch. Then she napped in the stroller while we walked around and did a few touristy things. It was cold though, about 15 degrees colder than it was at home so we were not dressed appropriately and so we were happy to get into a warm car.

Sunday I made Andrew breakfast in bed, which he enjoyed. I gave him the picture frame for his desk along with some pool supplies, and he got Arias gift which they made at daycare, which was a tape measure. It was cute, but not as cute as my flower pot! Then I put out the cushions for his boat and told him to go look at his boat bc I thought I saw a big crack in it. Hehehe. He was super excited to see the cushions. All he wanted to do on fathers day was go out on his boat.

Unfortunately he had recently made the lovely decision to buy a new engine for his boat and when we got it out on the water it wasn't working properly. So we headed home, he spent the next few hours fixing it, took it out again, and a new problem arose. So basically the day sucked! Lol. Poor dh but he did appreciate his nice morning.

Well that's all for now! Hopefully tomorrow I can do the clothing post and go on to Day 2 - my 30th birthday and Arias first park experience! And first character meal! Woohoo! :cool1:

Aw thanks! She absolutely loves Oliver (the little dog). They are buddies :) where in Spain did you live? I also lived/studied there for 6 months...back in 2000! I was in Zaragoza. And I didn't take advantage at all and never left Spain though I did see a few parts of Spain thankfully.

Sounds like we have similar families...lol.

Oh cool! I lived in Granada as an Ambassadorial Scholar representing the Rotary Club in my area. It was so amazing. I even quit my job (I teach high school Spanish) to go...experience of a lifetime, and it was basically free. :thumbsup2 I've heard Zaragoza is beautiful! Did you ever make it down to the Andalucía region? I stayed mostly in that area but hit Madrid and a few other countries as well. Seems like we have quite a few things in common! :)

I am on a coworkers iPad right now because stupid me forgot the card that gets me access to my computers at work. Which means no work for me today and even worse, no new updates. Idk how to post pics from this thing on the DIS? I typically post them into a private album on Facebook and then copy and paste the link to here, but idk how to do that. And of course I have all the pictures of the outfits for Disney - both for Aria and myself.

But good news about the AP. I posted over in the attractions/strategies board about the predicament and ROBO responded that guest services opens at 7:30. So we should be fine to get them that morning, as well as the TiW card and possibly pick up the MNSSHP tickets then too.

I can also comment on my weekend which was pretty uneventful.

Saturday we went up to Salem, MA for the day. Out to lunch - Aria tried out the high chair but it was still really big for her, and she was great at lunch. Then she napped in the stroller while we walked around and did a few touristy things. It was cold though, about 15 degrees colder than it was at home so we were not dressed appropriately and so we were happy to get into a warm car.

Sunday I made Andrew breakfast in bed, which he enjoyed. I gave him the picture frame for his desk along with some pool supplies, and he got Arias gift which they made at daycare, which was a tape measure. It was cute, but not as cute as my flower pot! Then I put out the cushions for his boat and told him to go look at his boat bc I thought I saw a big crack in it. Hehehe. He was super excited to see the cushions. All he wanted to do on fathers day was go out on his boat.

Unfortunately he had recently made the lovely decision to buy a new engine for his boat and when we got it out on the water it wasn't working properly. So we headed home, he spent the next few hours fixing it, took it out again, and a new problem arose. So basically the day sucked! Lol. Poor dh but he did appreciate his nice morning.

Well that's all for now! Hopefully tomorrow I can do the clothing post and go on to Day 2 - my 30th birthday and Arias first park experience! And first character meal! Woohoo! :cool1:

I don't post pics much on here, but I know you can use Photobucket. I upload all my pics there, and it's easy to put them from there onto any forum using an iPad (or any device really). Good news about the AP! Don't you love the DIS and the wealth of knowledge here? :thumbsup2 How sweet of you to do breakfast in bed! Boo about the boat ordeal but glad you all had a nice morning otherwise!

Looking forward to seeing the clothing and plans!

That stinks that you cannot work without a card to the computer. Crap always forgets his office key and engineering has to let him in. I am really excited to see the outfits Aria will wear. Little girls stuff is so cute. Sorry the time with the boat was such a bust. Glad your DH got some nice gifts and breakfast in bed, so you made his day as nice as possible. Nice to hear you can get your passes on your birthday morning. If Robo says it is true, than it is. I think he knows everything about Disney!

Oh cool! I lived in Granada as an Ambassadorial Scholar representing the Rotary Club in my area. It was so amazing. I even quit my job (I teach high school Spanish) to go...experience of a lifetime, and it was basically free. :thumbsup2 I've heard Zaragoza is beautiful! Did you ever make it down to the Andalucía region? I stayed mostly in that area but hit Madrid and a few other countries as well. Seems like we have quite a few things in common! :)

I don't post pics much on here, but I know you can use Photobucket. I upload all my pics there, and it's easy to put them from there onto any forum using an iPad (or any device really). Good news about the AP! Don't you love the DIS and the wealth of knowledge here? :thumbsup2 How sweet of you to do breakfast in bed! Boo about the boat ordeal but glad you all had a nice morning otherwise!

Looking forward to seeing the clothing and plans!

Aw that's so wonderful that you were able to experience that! I graduated early from high school and went over there. Unfortunately I didn't appreciate it as much as I could have, but really enjoyed the people I met. No, I never got to the Andalucia region - just Barcelona, Salou, and Madrid. I loved Zaragoza though, such a neat city.

Thanks looks like I need to look into Photobucket! Yes, the DIS is awesome. Especially ROBO! :rotfl:

That stinks that you cannot work without a card to the computer. Crap always forgets his office key and engineering has to let him in. I am really excited to see the outfits Aria will wear. Little girls stuff is so cute. Sorry the time with the boat was such a bust. Glad your DH got some nice gifts and breakfast in bed, so you made his day as nice as possible. Nice to hear you can get your passes on your birthday morning. If Robo says it is true, than it is. I think he knows everything about Disney!

Yeah it really does stink. If I forgot my badge I would just have to go to the front building and get a temporary badge, But without the other card, I literally can't do anything. DH's office is about 3 hours from my office (which is why we live in the middle!) so it just wasn't worth it for me to go get it.

LOL so true about Robo - so glad that it will work out that morning.

I felt bad for DH for the boat thing, but thankfully he did seem to appreciate the nice morning. Especially bc he is the breakfast cook in the house, and I had never made an omelette before and they turned out great! :rotfl2:

It's here! Finally a clothing post!! Of course, it's not complete because I am still awaiting some things from Etsy - which no one has guessed what they are! :confused3 :goodvibes

But no biggie...you all still have time! :rotfl2:

First up, the clothes I've made for Aria. Last weekend I went shopping and got a bunch more cute fabrics, so I plan to make a couple more "princess" outfits. First up is something she prob will have outgrown by Disney, but DH made me make it - notice the John Deere fabric...:rotfl:

556404_772541379071_122526651_n.jpg

Perfect for the Coral Reef:
538629_772541708411_940460322_n.jpg

That outfit is reversible - doggies on the other side:
550779_772541628571_1913275244_n.jpg

179521_772541698431_432170867_n.jpg

Here are some things I've been buying!

Couldn't resist:
542373_772541488851_1321417475_n.jpg

600483_772541498831_1246306593_n.jpg

562260_772541663501_1650091094_n.jpg

Forgot I had this cute pixie outfit:
581328_772541673481_1019870398_n.jpg

Little mermaid all ready for the new ride!
246407_772552137511_732777239_n.jpg

Her Belle costume is adorable, but I put it on backwards so ignore the giant bow-

168554_772541528771_912939839_n.jpg

598564_772541543741_553074915_n.jpg

disneyprincesspillowcaseandskirt.jpg

And for her 1st birthday outfit...
birthdaysweetie.jpg

Continued in next post...

Continued from previous post...

Some outfits for me, too! DH mentioned he wishes I wore more dresses...so I complied and bought a bunch! ;)

599455_772541583661_1086601833_n.jpg

166017_772541598631_1326138282_n.jpg

580133_772541608611_145699489_n.jpg

532669_772541688451_2056452602_n.jpg

545547_772541718391_833359188_n.jpg

269298_772541728371_546120300_n.jpg

575751_772541748331_508340090_n.jpg

And just some random pics-

This is what happens when I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the TV!

179154_772541458911_1642460059_n.jpg

She loves playing with her feet now!

479716_772541433961_986577070_n.jpg

This is Aria today - ready for 95 degree heat!!

581237_772541418991_1496206601_n.jpg

And this is what happens when Aria wakes up at 3:45AM screaming from gas pains...she comes to bed with me!

575931_772541404021_1504212751_n.jpg

I love everything! The belle dress and the purple dress are my favorites. You got some awesome things too. Your taste in clothes is awesome. I would dress up more if I had a cute figure like yours. Beautiful clothing. Girls clothes are the best.

I love everything! The belle dress and the purple dress are my favorites. You got some awesome things too. Your taste in clothes is awesome. I would dress up more if I had a cute figure like yours. Beautiful clothing. Girls clothes are the best.

Aw thanks!!! The purple dress was the first outfit I made! (Not that I've made many, but I was pretty proud of it!). Just hope she fits in it, it is pretty big!

And thanks for the compliment, though I don't feel like I have a beautiful figure - judging by my constantly searching for one-piece swimsuits LOL. I'm working on it though. DH and I discussed trying to work up to running in some races together, startinng with a 5K. I know it's a silly little goal, but I can't even fathom running in a marathon (or half) and that was our original goal, which made it seem absolutely unattainable.

We fly in at 9:40AM, and are taking the ME to POR. We plan to check in, attempt to get a room, and then either way head to EPCOT.

I just made ADR's at Le Cellier for lunch, cancelled that, and decided to try out San Angel Inn again. We last went in 2007 and hated it, but I thought it's worth another try because I remember loving it in 2004, and I heard they did some reno's. Plus, it doesn't require a CC guarantee if we miss it...:thumbsup2

I was also able to book Garden Grill finally, though Candlelight Packages are still not out yet. My original plan didn't even include that, but since it's not something we've ever done, I've been considering it. I'd probably just do the CP at GG.

Thoughts on the Candlelight Processional? Times? Our current ADR is for 5:50PM, and I'd prefer it to be more like 5PM, and the CP time is at 5, 6:45, and 8:15. The 6:45 or 8:15 could work.

Supposedly the packages are coming out 6/26 so we'll see if I even get it for a decent time. But I believe it comes with a preferred viewing area for Illuminations too, right? So that would be nice.

As an aside, there will be EMH this evening at EPCOT until 12:30AM, so I'm not worried about getting on any particular ride, just doing the WS and riding whatever we want.

The Candelight Processional packages came out on 08-26-11 last year. It is nice that they are moving it up this year. We had a 5:40pm at Teppan Edo and were given passes to the 8:15pm show. It worked out nicely, because by the time we finshed our meal and headed out, the package line was already very long. We just got in it. You can still get a 5pm dining time, because new dining times will open when the packages open. I do not think they will give you the 6:45 time with a 5pm reservation, because it would be a tight connection. It is possible to make it with seats a little father back, but they pick the show time based on your dining time. If you want the 6:45pm show, you can ask for the last possible seating time for dinner. I am guessing it will be somewhere in the 4pm hour, like 4:30pm.

Aria is getting so big! She is adorable-- especially in the Belle dress. =) Love everything you bought, especially the one with the castle print that looks a little like it's a small world. Can't wait to see her wearing everything in the parks!

Day 2 – October 5th (Friday)
This is THE day! The true start to our vacation, Aria’s true introduction to Disney, and the day I leave my 20’s behind…wah. Actually, I’m really upset about that! But I can’t do anything about it, and will be 30 for the rest of the trip. We start off our October trip with a bang, too!

So, at BLT we’ll be waking up pretty early – around 6:30, which will actually be sleeping in for us if we can manage to stay asleep that late! We’ll take our showers, feed Aria (whatever her routine is at this point…!) and then head out to MK! Can’t believe we will get to just WALK there! Guest Relations opens at 7:30AM according to Robo, so we’ll make a pit stop there around 7:45AM to get our APs, TiW card, and MNSSHP tickets, and then hop into the early breakfast line. I’m hoping to get in some good pictures before breakfast, possibly with photopass photographers!
We’ll be heading here for breakfast!
40725_589117876241_285762_n.jpg

Some pics from our last visit here, on my 28th birthday in 2010!
72172_589118100791_1080877_n.jpg

37163_589117946101_7372129_n.jpg

I hope to find the puffed French toast, which I missed last time, and get the breakfast pizza again. I hope I like their potato selection, because one of my absolute favorite foods is breakfast potatoes (generally, in any form, unless they add bacon!).

After breakfast, we will head straight over to Fantasyland and hopefully get in some rides before Aria wants to eat again! I haven’t decided on which ride should be Aria’s first. DH would choose PotC LOL – maybe that will be it? Hehehe. I’d probably say Peter Pan. I have bad memories of It’s A Small World, from my first trip to DL when I was 7. I had really bad poison ivy (oak?) and it spread to my eyes while on IASW and they shut down the ride bc I was screaming that I couldn’t see because my eyes had swollen shut. Rest of the day I spent at first aid and then the ER… I def want to go on it again but I can’t help thinking of that when I go on that ride (even though it was at DL!).

Anyway I’ll probably utilize the BCC to nurse, and I’m hoping we get down to 3 nursing sessions during the day by then (she currently nurses 6 times/day – first thing in the morning, last at night, and 4 during the day). 3 seems doable! Especially if we take afternoon breaks, and I can time it so one is there. If you haven’t guessed, I’m still not very good about the whole NIP thing and really dislike it…she’s heavy and my arms are weak, and she likes to play with blankets that are over her head so she doesn’t eat…so yeah it’d just be a lot nicer to have some privacy.

Back on topic…so from 9-12 or so I want to get all the FL rides in, plus HM, PotC, and one of us rides Space while we get FP’s for that and one other attraction (probably BTMRR). I *would* have gone to TSI BUT I just read no more paintbrushes?!?! I’m really mad about this, and haven’t even told DH about it bc it’s something he really looks forward to.

This was one of 3 paintbrushes DH found (he gave the others away):
68385_589119787411_3267283_n.jpg

After our morning running around the MK, we have lunch ADR’s at The Wave. I made it here because 1. We really enjoyed it last time and 2. It doesn’t have a CC guarantee so if we miss it due to having too much fun in MK it doesn’t matter.

33471_589221224131_6803854_n.jpg

Anyone else plan out the stuff they’ll order, too?!? LOL. If not, skip these parts, but I’m just as excited about dining as the rides so bear with me! FYI Depending on when Aria will nurse next, I will probably have a drink with lunch and/or dinner. I like wine. Yup, I’m a wineO and still drink it while nursing her, just responsibly!

Anyway, judging from the allears menu I will probably order the following:

Fall Harvest Salad - with Heirloom Apples, Candied Walnuts, Midnight Moon Cheese, and Ice Wine Vinaigrette $6.99

and

Vegetarian Cuban Sandwich - with sundried tomato pesto and Bulgur Wheat Salad served on grain bread $11.99

Andrew is a bit more exciting with his food choices. He might get:

Beer Flight!
Beer-Flight1.jpg

Pan-seared Sea Scallops - with sweet onions and chili cream corn sauce $10.99

And

Classic Reuben Sandwich - served with Bulgur Wheat Salad or roasted potato wedges $13.49

And we’ll probably share a dessert –

American Flavors - Mississippi Mud Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Key Lime Cube with fresh Citrus Whipped Cream Boston Cream Pie $7.99
Dessert-American-Classics.jpg

We love appetizers (I have been known to order just 2 apps instead of an entrée) and on vacation I love my desserts!

So, after this we’ll probably head back to the room for a little relax time, which IMO means 20 minutes to change into swim suits. I don’t DO relax time. LOL. So – pool time it is! Aria might need a nice afternoon nap at this point so if she’s up for a little pool time we’ll do that and then let her nap in the stroller in the shade while DH and I take turns watching her and cooling off in the pool. Or maybe she'll nap in the room and I'll be "forced" to relax for a bit...we'll see!

Now, one of my biggest questions in my mind currently is whether to do Kids Nite Out tonight. I WANT Aria with me on my birthday! BUT we have a 7:30 ADR at California Grill, and it might be nice to do that w/o worrying about how she is doing (she’d probably sleep through it if they let us bring the stroller inside…). It’s a minimum of 4 hours, so we could potentially do something like 6-10 or even 5-10 and spend a little time in the MK before dinner. MNSSHP is going on this evening, so I think that means fireworks won’t be til 9:30PM, so we’d probably watch it after dinner either from the Contemporary or maybe Poly beach or something.

So I’m kinda unsure about this, but either way my birthday dinner should be at the Cali Grill (though, if the rumors about Be Our Guest opening early are true, I have a tough decision to make regarding cancelling this or maybe just doing that another night…).

CG:
California-Grill-Seating.jpg

For dinner, whether Aria is with us or not, I’ll probably have:

To start:
Twisted Mai Tai
Mt Gay Rum, Crème de Noyaux, and Orange and
Pineapple Juice with a splash of Lime 9

Soppressata Salami - Cilantro Sofrito, roasted mushrooms, taleggio, balsamic syrup $13
(I don’t normally eat meat, but this sounds good and I like to try new things!)
And

Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Basil* $14

I had this last time. Serving size is pretty small but the flatbreads are huge!
Goat-Cheese-Ravioli.jpg

With

Bananas and Caramel - Crispy baked phyllo squares layered w/banana, caramel, mascarpone mousse, and caramelized banana $12
Unless DH surprises me with a birthday cake (highly doubtful considering he probably doesn’t even know that’s a possibility…)

Andrew will have –

A manhattan to start with, of course…

Smoked "Big One's" Mussels - Blue Moon Belgium ale, buttercup squash, chorizo, grilled sourdough $15

Side note – when we went to Prince Edward Island last year, he had mussels every single day! Yuck! LOL

I think he’d like this for an entrée, but there are about 5-6 that he’d absolutely love!
Red Snapper Paella - jumbo blue prawns, middleneck clams, mussels, piquillo pepper aioli $40

And he’ll probably just have a bite of my dessert!

Depending on timing for the dinner, we might be able to watch the fireworks from dinner, otherwise it’ll be out on the patio OR if we’re super early, we’ll head to the Poly for a drink and watch them from the beach!

Things I really want to do today:

Crystal Palace w/ Aria LOVING the characters…LOL
All FL rides – for some reason I’m super excited about the carousel – maybe bc I’ve never really enjoyed them but probably will now w/ Aria?
PotC
Jungle Cruise
Space, Splash, BTMRR w/ rider swap
39550_589119063861_5148558_n.jpg

Tom Sawyer Paintbrushes
Really great photopass pics around MK (any particular shots we should do? Like Tinkerbelle on Aria’s hand, or the ghosts at the HM?)
A picture of Aria going for the sword…
33632_589221174231_746613_n.jpg

And that should be all for Day 2 – I’ve had a lot of fun working on this day, so I apologize if it’s too much info for you all! But it really gets me excited for these days!

I love Aria's clothes! You did a great job! I'm going to do a clothing post soon too! I'm just waiting on some etsy orders as well! ;)

We took Logan at 8 months and I was pretty good with NIP (I'm great with #2 no choice!ha) but I found I needed to either try in a dark attraction (Carousel of Progress worked great) or go to the BCC because he was just too distracted and stimulated by things around us!

She will be on solids then right? I just gave him a good serving of "food" that day because he wasn't too into nursing with all the was going on.

I love the 2nd dress you got you posted for yourself! You will look cute with all those clothing options!

I have no advice on the kids night out, we haven't tried it and don't plan to this trip since my ILs will be with us.

You MK plans sound great! I'm thining on our MK day our first ride will be Dumbo! I heard that line gets crazy as the day goes on!

Like I said DS was 7 months old our first trip and I have no regrets and absolutely loved our trip. There were some characters he just loved. He would rock back and forth and smile. He liked to try to eat Pluto's whiskers, Donald's bill, pretty much anything he could get his hands on. What surprised me most was his love for princes. He loved Mulan, Tiana, and Snow White. I think it helped that they were so animated. He even reached out for Mulan to hold him. He also liked all their "pretties" Crowns, necklaces etc. I secretly wanted him to get super excited about seeing Mickey since he has his stuffed animals and books and what not, but most of the time we seen him he would smile and be more curious than anything. One time he even ignored Mickey and just kept smiling at Minnie..it was pretty funny.

We actually only did quick service meals, as we were to afraid of how he would do with restaurants. Looking back I'm sure he would have done fine but we didnt have a strong schedule when we left so I was nervous. On a side note we did put him in one the high chairs at one of the restaurants and he did great in it, it wasn't too big. He is also small for his age. I think he was around 13 or 14 pounds. We did put a blanket behind him just to make it a little bit more snug.

Before our trip we really had not developed a good nap schedule either. We did the opposite of most people and actually began a schedule while in Disney and brought it home with us. By day 2 or 3 we found out that around 10 am he would get sleepy so we would just recline his stroller and put a blanket in front so he could sleep. It worked great. I definitely recommend a full recline stroller and something with a big shade. (I own a Joovy Kooper to give you an idea) While he slept we would just walk around the park or take turns riding rides. We have alot of Photopass pictures with little feet hanging out of the stroller...it is cute and makes me laugh.

I still need to read your new updates so I will do that now :thumbsup2

LOVE all the clothes you got!! I especially love the Belle costume. She looks so precious in it. Etsy has some of the cutest personalized applique t-shirts; that's probably what I will be getting for my son for park days...is that what you got? That's my guess. :laughing: Kudos for making the cute stuff for Aria...makes me wish I could sew. ;)

What a great way to kick off your trip! Oct. 5th will be a very special day (it's my bday too) :thumbsup2! OK, I feel out of the loop because I've never heard of anything about paintbrushes at TSI! :confused3

I am also considering doing Kids Nite Out for the night we have an ADR at California Grill (which I LOVE :love:). I have a lot of research to do about the organization first, but I have yet to read anything but good reviews. I think it will be nice to have a few hours to connect with DH and enjoy a nice dinner. And since you're staying right there at BLT, you know you'll be close in case she gets upset and needs you. :thumbsup2 The chocolate lava cake at Cali Grill is hands down the best dessert I've ever had, so I'm looking forward to that and the filet! Yum! Your choices sound yummy too!

Hope this doesn't discourage you, because every child is different, but my 10 month old definitely is still nursing more than 3 times a day (more like 5-6). Sometimes it's quick "snacks" though, and with all there is to see and do at WDW, he may be too distracted to "snack" and I'm hoping he might consolidate sessions to a few times a day while we're there to get what he really needs in addition to solid foods. He'll be 14 months but I intend to nurse as long as is mutually desirable. :goodvibes Maybe by then Aria will have more control of her body and would be able to nurse while upright in your Beco...? My son would now rather nurse sitting straight up in my lap than lying down, and has even done it standing in front of me before (sorry if that's TMI :laughing:). Or if you're into pumping and would be more comfortable bottle feeding, you could try that. I understand about not wanting to NIP though. My son is way too easily distracted to actually concentrate on nursing and keep a blanket over his head in a noisy public place, and I'm not really into giving a free show. :lmao:

Looking forward to hearing more plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter