WDW through an 8-month-old’s eyes &10m &13m &16m...New 10/30!

At our office Christmas party yesterday I got a gc for Disney. So my trip fund for my grandson's 1st trip has started. My daughter is due 2/12/12 (original due date was 2/6). So I was looking around for a trip report about taking a baby and I found you.
We didn't take our kids until they were teens and I can't wait that long with the grandbaby.
Looking forward to more.

Sunny

I finally got all caught up!

Aria Marie is a beautiful name, and the ultrasound pictures show a very cute little girl! I am fascinated by the technology that lets you get a glimpse of your baby before she is born.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

One of the BEST things I learned in the BF class that kept me from having to substitute with formula at all was to pump after every time I BF in the beginning when you are overproducing your milk. Especially while you are on maternity leave! That way you can freeze it and store it for daycare. Then once you do go back to work, you'll be pumping there too & can store even more. That's what we did, and I was making so much milk my freezer was full after a couple of months and we had to buy a separate freezer to store it all! They have little bags I got from Wal Mart to freeze & store the milk in that were great. After awhile, the freezer got so full of the bags and the older ones were all the way in the back, so I had to go through and organize hundreds of bags. My advice would be to find some organization system that works for you from the beginning. I would take a plastic Wal Mart bag and label it with the month and put all the milk bags from that month in there so I could be sure I was using the oldest milk up first. Do something from the beginning and save yourself the hassle I went through! I actually had to wear gloves because my hands were hurting from handling so many frozen bags!! :laughing:

I would feed him on one side till he seemed done, burp him, and switch to the other side, which he didn't usually eat from as long, then pump that second side when he was finished. I rotated sides every time I started. So that kept me from having really any "leaky" moments too!

Thanks so much for the tips! I already have a stack of freezer bags I hope to fill - it will be so nice to have a stash of milk so I don't have to worry as much about the next feedings. Great idea to come up with an organization system though - I'll def keep that in mind vs. putting them in there willy nilly.

Great idea for pumping time too - i was unsure when exactly I'd get in the pumping, though I plan to wait until maybe she's 3-4 weeks old to start pumping - once she's established? Does that sound about right? I guess it'll depend on my supply...though pumping should help increase the supply I suppose...

I'll be posting pictures this evening. They're currently uploading :goodvibes

We did the same thing on the middle name for Alex. DH almost wanted to go with his Dad's name for the middle name but I talked him out of that and boy am I ever glad I did. Drama drama drama! Marie is a great name! That's what we'll be using as middle name if the next baby happens to be a girl.

You're right! It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. That is silly that your friend is having an elective c-section at 39 weeks just 'cause she believes she won't be able to deliver. But to each their own I suppose. I was in induced labor for 19 hours at 41 weeks before we finally decided on a c-section. I only ever got to 2cm and that's what I walked in at when we got there to be induced. My doc told me with no change in 19 hours that it was unlikely to ever happen so if we didn't do the c-section we'd just be delaying the inevitable. He was a great doctor but I think he's a little induction/c-section happy. Oh well.

Yuck, by 19 hours after induction I can see going to a CS too! Esp with no progress on your dilation. I'm soooo hoping that doesn't happen to me, but who knows. Esp with being a FTM, i think that's pretty common unfortunately. But I don't want to go past 41 weeks (40 weeks ideally!!).

Glad your childbirth class went well and DH learned some new massaging techniques! Woot! :goodvibes I started freaking out about labor and all of that late in the third tri too but it's really not that bad at all. But I had an epidural (omg HEAVEN!!!) I totally look forward to giving birth the 2nd go round. It was fun having everyone wait on me :laughing:

Hope you get lots of awesome stuff for baby girl for Christmas :goodvibes Alex was a week old last Christmas and slept through the whole thing so I'm looking forward to watching him open gifts this year. We'll be spending Christmas eve with my family and then opening gifts here at our house on Christmas morning.

Awww I bet it was such a magical christmas last year with little newborn Alex there!! What a difference just 1 year makes though huh!

LOVE the name!! It's absolutely precious!! How exciting to see the 3D ultrasound pictures!!

Hopefully I'll get to meet the little doll at our Crystal Palace DisMeet!! Haha

Yes that sounds awesome that so many ppl can make it!! Thanks, I love the name too! :rotfl: and the 3D ultrasound was SO neat to go to.

I think Hanna is my favorite. She's so snarky. :laughing:

I'm going to be all over the place on Christmas!

LOL I can't wait for it to come back - in a little over a week right? AT LEAST January has a bunch of shows coming back, my DVR has been having quite the nice break lately.

I got behind on everyones PTR over the last few weeks, so I am trying to catch up :)

Love Kona!! Plan on getting an ADR there in Oct. Family is requesting we go back to 1900 PF, so we will hit that one next Dec.
Saturday 10/6 - Kona Bfast (new to us), EPCOT!, lunch at the Biergarten (new) (not looking forward to German food but I think DH & baby will like it), and then dinner at 1900 Park fare (new).

Planning on CM ADR in Oct. Planning on Y&Y next Dec.
Sunday 10/7 - Bfast at Chef Mickey's (new), check out of BLT, head to AK for the day. Lunch at Y&Y (been before), then check into condo, do some grocery shopping/laundry/quiet evening in condo.

Planning on 50's PT next Dec
Monday 10/8 - DHS, 50's Prime Time (been before), dinner at Flying Fish, possibly Fantasmic which we've never seen

Planning on T Rex next Dec now that it has been added to DP
Tuesday 10/9 - pool day/ downtown disney. Lunch at T-Rex (new), dinner at Artist Point.

LOVE Ohana! Hoping for ADR in Oct (for dinner), otherwise will try for next Dec
Wednesday 10/10 - MK? Bfast somewhere (Ohana which is new to us, maybe), lunch at LTT (new) or WCC (new)

Planning on Akershus for next Dec, as well as Cape May bkfst
Thursday 10/11 - EPCOT, lunch at Akershus (new), dinner at Cape May (MUST DO according to DH lol)

I had major headaches too with all 4 pregnancies. No matter how much water I drank, they seemed to stick around some days. Not too much longer to go and baby will be here!!
Nothing new to report...though I'm 32 weeks today!! :cool1: My next "goal" is to get to 36 weeks, then I'm going to start on the countown big-time. I'll start some red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil too, just to hopefully help things along a little bit hehe.

My main complaint is still the terrible headaches that I get daily. And recently they have been waking me up at night, too. I'm already not getting to sleep very well (back hurts!!) but now, when I am asleep, waking up with a pounding headache is NOT fun! :eek:

Oh and we have a breastfeeding class tomorrow night! DH is reluctant to go, but he is going - just afraid he'll be the only guy/DH there. We'll see!

We are going to purchase Photopass CD prior to our trip next Dec, and possibly the Oct trip...I'm still trying to decide if it will be worth it since we are only having 2 park days...decisions, decisions

Love the 3D US pics! I wanted to do that with one of my pregnancies, but never did. Now we are OFFICIALLY done having kids, so I guess I wont be doing that afterall. BTW, love the name you picked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for all your tips! I understand about going on all the PTR's and then not having time to go back and reread....:rolleyes1 I'm guilty of that too lol. Sorry to hear you also had really bad headaches, it's just awful not having anything to do for them. I felt so great last night (1st night totally headache free) that I actually made dinner. :laughing: Poor DH, he's really been picking up the slack so I thought I'd be nice.

But now my back hurts so much that I barely got any sleep last night...guess I'm getting a massage tonight!! Hehe

I am in!!! I have loved reading about your new addition! I love the name Aria, it's absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to read the rest of this ptr and meet your precious little girl!

Thanks! So glad to see you here. I can't wait to meet her either!! It's going to be a fun year for us, and this PTR should take a few turns as we do plan to fly to Texas to visit my grandparents in April/May so that should be interesting with an infant...:eek:

At our office Christmas party yesterday I got a gc for Disney. So my trip fund for my grandson's 1st trip has started. My daughter is due 2/12/12 (original due date was 2/6). So I was looking around for a trip report about taking a baby and I found you.
We didn't take our kids until they were teens and I can't wait that long with the grandbaby.
Looking forward to more.

Sunny

Hi!! That's awesome that you've already started a fund for your grandson!! If only our parents had any interest in Disney - your grandson is one lucky guy!! And congrats to your daughter. This this your first grandchild? It is for both our parents so everyone is super excited. Thanks for coming to the PTR! :goodvibes

I finally got all caught up!

Aria Marie is a beautiful name, and the ultrasound pictures show a very cute little girl! I am fascinated by the technology that lets you get a glimpse of your baby before she is born.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks!! I need to do that on yours. I've been slacking on the DIS, but I think Jan is going to go sooooo slowly I'll have plenty of time to catch up!!

:santa: Hope you all have a fantastic christmas!! :santa:

LOL I can't wait for it to come back - in a little over a week right? AT LEAST January has a bunch of shows coming back, my DVR has been having quite the nice break lately.

Yep, January 2. I can't wait :) I know what you mean. My DVR gets a workout during the week!

Woot some professional help! Thanks!! :goodvibes thanks for the tip on the first 24 hours. I was told we had to feed every 2 hours for the first 2 weeks? Is that not the case? It sure sounds like an awful lot! I plan to bring lanolin to the hospital just in case, I don't think mine provides it. The latch is what I'm really worried about, I guess (well, and milk supply). I'll try to stay relaxed about it though! Hopefully we will have a sort of routine by the time we leave the hospital (or maybe that's just wishful thinking...:rolleyes1)

If your baby is awake the first 24 hours then definitely begin feeding every 2-3 hours however if baby is sleepy do NOT stress yourself out if she is not waking up enough to get the Latch. Rest is very important as well. If baby is sleepy that first 24 hours the second day she will be awake and feeding will probably be more like every hour. I would count on getting into a routine once your milk comes in which usually happens at 3-4days. If you deliver ******lly you will likely be discharged before that so I would not count on being in a routine before then.

Hope you have a great Christmas too! Can't wait to see all of the gifts your little one gets :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Heeeey! I came over here from the October 2012 thread and Jenny's PTR! :goodvibes It looks like we'll both be a part of that DIS meet at Crystal Palace on October 5th! Yay!

Joining in! Congrats on the baby! I love the name Aria, and I think not revealing the name is smart. We got tired of people having comments about the names we started talking about so we kept it a secret until birth.

We went to Disney a week after my daughter's first birthday and it was fantastic. Packing was stressful because I felt like I needed to think of EVERYTHING but it all worked out. I think she was better on vacation than at home! As you are well aware, every baby is different and they change so much that it is difficult to plan. So, I think you have the right idea making plans and ADRs and are willing to change when the time comes.

I can't wait to hear about what baby items you got for Christmas. We have a Maclaren stroller and we love it. I'm not sure if it came with the stroller or if my husband bought it separately but we have a giant duffle-like bag that we put it in and check it as a piece of luggage for the flights. It has been to Disney twice and this past October it was a savior as it was the only place Giada (now 2 years old) would nap!

Looking forward to reading more!

Subbing. Over from the October 2012 thread! :cheer2:

Hey! Thanks for coming over!

Yep, January 2. I can't wait :) I know what you mean. My DVR gets a workout during the week!

Watched it yesterday! Great as always! Couldn't believe the Ezra/Aria coming out, though it was so rushed! Looking forward to hearing more about that LOL.

If your baby is awake the first 24 hours then definitely begin feeding every 2-3 hours however if baby is sleepy do NOT stress yourself out if she is not waking up enough to get the Latch. Rest is very important as well. If baby is sleepy that first 24 hours the second day she will be awake and feeding will probably be more like every hour. I would count on getting into a routine once your milk comes in which usually happens at 3-4days. If you deliver ******lly you will likely be discharged before that so I would not count on being in a routine before then.

Thanks for the tips. My friend just had her baby on Wednesday and she experienced this - baby didn't want to eat first 24 hours but after that she was eating constantly.

Hope you have a great Christmas too! Can't wait to see all of the gifts your little one gets :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Thanks!! How was your christmas?

Heeeey! I came over here from the October 2012 thread and Jenny's PTR! :goodvibes It looks like we'll both be a part of that DIS meet at Crystal Palace on October 5th! Yay!

Woohoo!! Are you planning a PTR? I see you have a couple little ones, inc. a 10 month old little girl? Cute! Where are you guys staying?

Joining in! Congrats on the baby! I love the name Aria, and I think not revealing the name is smart. We got tired of people having comments about the names we started talking about so we kept it a secret until birth.

We went to Disney a week after my daughter's first birthday and it was fantastic. Packing was stressful because I felt like I needed to think of EVERYTHING but it all worked out. I think she was better on vacation than at home! As you are well aware, every baby is different and they change so much that it is difficult to plan. So, I think you have the right idea making plans and ADRs and are willing to change when the time comes.

I can't wait to hear about what baby items you got for Christmas. We have a Maclaren stroller and we love it. I'm not sure if it came with the stroller or if my husband bought it separately but we have a giant duffle-like bag that we put it in and check it as a piece of luggage for the flights. It has been to Disney twice and this past October it was a savior as it was the only place Giada (now 2 years old) would nap!

Looking forward to reading more!

You know what's funny, random strangers keep asking for her name, so we tell them just b/c it's not like we'll ever see them again. And THEY all have something to say about the name. The last few were kinda mean about it, just sort of nodding their heads and saying "That's different" or "wow there's so many A-names right now". Nothing positive! LOL. Kinda rude IMO, no matter what name ppl said (well, unless it was really wacky) I would be nice about the name! Jeez. BTW, Giada is a gorgeous name!! (and no, I'm not just saying that to be nice LOL).

Glad to hear you love your Maclaren. We don't have a travel bag for it yet but did buy one for our City Select...

I'm back! Hope everyone had a great couple holidays!! What did you do??

Christmas was ok (will post pics later). Without trying to sound too bratty (but being an only child/only grandchild it does happen from time to time LOL) I was kinda disappointed in gifts this year, esp since I totally spoiled DH with an iPad, plus a ton of tools and stuff. My main gifts were nursing tops (nice, I did need those), a wi-fi printer (just as exciting as it sounds :rotfl:) and some other little things. IDK, just wasn't feeling it this year :confused3

Aria didn't get much either - the Maclaren stroller was fantastic. My mom got her a doll (which I guess is cute but I never liked dolls so we'll see about that...). That's it. DH got me a parent console for the stroller and put some pacifiers in my stocking (LOL). DH's sister got her a 24mo minnie mouse outfit which is cute, but it'd be a lot cuter if it was 9mo size so she could wear it when we go in October! And that's all. Oh no wait, DH's parents got her a cute bikini (6 mo).

However, we did get a nice sized Amazon gift card, so we did a huuuge purchase last weekend. That was very, very nice! :goodvibes and yes we went wayyy over the gift card limit LOL.

Specifically for Disney, I purchased the KidCo Peapod - anyone heard of this/used it? It's small enough to fit in a suitcase, but she can sleep in it vs. a PnP. The condo we're renting has PnP's on a "first come, first serve" basis so I wanted to be prepared...

5159vil%2BwfL.jpg

We also got this clip-on chair called the "Hychair" that uses the seat from our city select stroller and turns it into a high chair that clips onto a table. Thought that might be useful, even if it's just in our room (not lugging it through the parks).

41bfMTo5OxL.jpg

I got a Tiny Diner washable placemat thingy for restaurants, a cute sunhat, rain canopy for the City Select & also for the cargo compartment below, a stroller fan, some hooks for stroller, secure-a-toy bands, a belly bar & child tray for stroller too. Also a Buggyguard stroller lock.

And for non-disney related baby stuff, we got a 2nd car seat base for our Chicco Keyfit, the car seat protector mats, mirrors to see baby, and some BF'ing supplies, bumbo tray, a couple toys, and one of those funny Nosefrida snot sucker thingys. LOL.

We are leaning towards bringing the City Select with us to Disney (vs. the Maclaren). It's bigger, but we'll have a rental car anyway so we won't have to break it down that often during the day, and the cargo compartment is SO nice. I have a HUGE diaper bag which I love (well, so far it's only been used to pack baby's hospital bag), but it'd be nice to leave that underneath and not worry about space. It's also why I got that Buggyguard, so I can at least lock the back wheels to make it less desirable to steal. And now we have the rain guards!

I want to get the Meeno Baby Cool me seat for the stroller, but I didn't want to push it with the Amazon order LOL. Oh and those ear protector headphones are still in my cart.

Any other suggestions for baby gear? We'll also be bringing the Chicco Keyfit carseat & base for the rental car.

On another note, just about 4.5 weeks until due date!! AND 16 more days of work left!! WOOHOO! I talked to my doctor last week (34 week appt) and he said he'd be happy to write a note for me to stay home starting at 39 weeks (vs my originally planned working up to due date). He also apparently decided my migranes were bad enough to treat (thanks, doc) and so he prescribed me something for them, which does seem to help about 75% of the time.

I've been having some lovely pains "down there" which hasn't been too fun LOL and definitely getting more uncomfortable. 2 nights ago I had to pee 6 times in an hour. It was ridiculous. :rotfl:

Still waiting for flights to come out on Southwest - not sure when that might be? Maybe March/April? And finalizing ADR plans for our April 7th 180-day mark.

Oh and I started on our taxes. Man it would have been nice if we had had her in December LOL. Those child tax credits/deductions would be quite nice. A bit of a reality check hits this Friday - my first paycheck with a child care savings deduction. LOL. Crazy to already be saving for that but it will be nice come May when we have to pay for it weekly. Ouch!

4 more weeks! Hooray!!! :goodvibes Sounds like DH made out with Christmas but for you a printer? Geez. DH and I don't really do gifts for eachother. I did get a Digi cam for our trip though and DH got some Xbox stuff he wanted. Alex made out like a bandit!! Sounds like you got some nice goodies with your amazon gift card though. I LOVE Amazon and made most of my purchases post Alex's birth on there. It makes life SO much easier! I've never used that sleeping pod thing but I've seen them. Do you plan on putting it on the bed with you or keeping it on the floor? We're taking our PnP with us in February but we're driving so it's a little easier. If the PnP doesn't work he will be sleeping in the bed with me. I'm glad to hear your OB finally gave you something for the headaches. Bout time!! Oh and that high chair thing looks like a great idea! I plan on just feeding Alex in his stroller in our room. I wish I had a booster seat or something though. I might have to borrow my Mom's or go buy one of my own.

That's awesome that your doctor will write you a note to start maternity leave at 39 weeks! I work for my Dad so I just decided to start my maternity leave at 39 weeks and he was ok with it. BEST decision I made while pregnant hands down. I had planned to work until I went into labor too but that just wasn't happening. I too was having pain "down there" that was making getting in and out of the car impossible and sitting for any extended time unless I was reclined impossible. You won't be sorry going on leave at 39 weeks. Especially if you go over due like I did (Alex was born the day I turned 41 weeks pregnant with him).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas pictures! I think you should start posting belly pics here. I love baby bellies :goodvibes

4 more weeks! Hooray!!! :goodvibes Sounds like DH made out with Christmas but for you a printer? Geez. DH and I don't really do gifts for eachother. I did get a Digi cam for our trip though and DH got some Xbox stuff he wanted. Alex made out like a bandit!! Sounds like you got some nice goodies with your amazon gift card though. I LOVE Amazon and made most of my purchases post Alex's birth on there. It makes life SO much easier! I've never used that sleeping pod thing but I've seen them. Do you plan on putting it on the bed with you or keeping it on the floor? We're taking our PnP with us in February but we're driving so it's a little easier. If the PnP doesn't work he will be sleeping in the bed with me. I'm glad to hear your OB finally gave you something for the headaches. Bout time!! Oh and that high chair thing looks like a great idea! I plan on just feeding Alex in his stroller in our room. I wish I had a booster seat or something though. I might have to borrow my Mom's or go buy one of my own.

That's awesome that your doctor will write you a note to start maternity leave at 39 weeks! I work for my Dad so I just decided to start my maternity leave at 39 weeks and he was ok with it. BEST decision I made while pregnant hands down. I had planned to work until I went into labor too but that just wasn't happening. I too was having pain "down there" that was making getting in and out of the car impossible and sitting for any extended time unless I was reclined impossible. You won't be sorry going on leave at 39 weeks. Especially if you go over due like I did (Alex was born the day I turned 41 weeks pregnant with him).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas pictures! I think you should start posting belly pics here. I love baby bellies :goodvibes

I KNOW! seriously. I'm not the nicest person when I feel jipped either :rotfl: though I tried to be nice to DH. His family, on the other hand, really pissed me off. We always spend a certain amount (like $50 per person for his sisters, their husbands, and kids) and generally they reciprocate. Well his older sister got me a Scentsy candle. That's it. After we got her a really nice purse that was over the limit. I hate freakin' candles. It's like body wash - you give them to ppl you don't know. I almost cried :cutie: Ok enough pity party for me, DH did do awesome for my birthday this year, and I think he was just feeling the baby $$ pinch more for Christmas. I handle all our $$, so sometimes I think that makes me feel like I can spend more freely than he feels like he can. IDK.

Also, DH let "slip" (after seeing my disappointment) that he's getting a gift for me for when baby comes. Which I didn't expect, or even really want (the idea of a push present seems pretty silly to me, I just want my baby!). But anyway...

Regarding the Peapod thingy - I assume it'll be on the floor, depending on how much she's rolling around at 8 months. The condo has 3 bedrooms, so we'll just pick one with lots of floor space, but two of the BR's have king-size beds so we could just put it on there too. IDK. Yes DH is most excited about the "hychair" LOL. It will be nice, I just hope it's portable. I've never seen that type in a store, nor are there any youtube videos so I hope it folds compactly and stuff...

So how were your 2 weeks at home?? My only worry is that if I do go 1 week late, I'll feel silly being home for 2 weeks waiting for labor to start. Not that I mind NOT being at work - that part will be awesome! LOL I just have to take a bit more sick leave (I can take 6 weeks after the delivery/8 for a c-section, but with the doc's note I'll be able to use more sick leave beforehand). Haven't figured out how to tell my boss though. He should be fine with it, but I feel like I need to make up some medical reason as to why I *need* to stay home that last week...

Belly pics huh? We got a cute one over Christmas that I'll try to get up tomorrow (pics are at home). I need to post them to Facebook anyway, and luckily it's easy to post pics from FB onto the DIS! Haven't taken too many pics of my belly though, DH is really bad at taking pictures LOL. Can't use our camera for the life of him (Canon dslr).

I was thinking of spending some time on Pinterest today to get some ideas for newborn pics / birth announcements. Your month-by-month pics of Alex inspired me to try and be creative hehehe.

Random side note: my ring officially came off 2 days ago. It was getting a little tight, and I didn't want to leave it on until it was too late!

I KNOW! seriously. I'm not the nicest person when I feel jipped either :rotfl: though I tried to be nice to DH. His family, on the other hand, really pissed me off. We always spend a certain amount (like $50 per person for his sisters, their husbands, and kids) and generally they reciprocate. Well his older sister got me a Scentsy candle. That's it. After we got her a really nice purse that was over the limit. I hate freakin' candles. It's like body wash - you give them to ppl you don't know. I almost cried :cutie: Ok enough pity party for me, DH did do awesome for my birthday this year, and I think he was just feeling the baby $$ pinch more for Christmas. I handle all our $$, so sometimes I think that makes me feel like I can spend more freely than he feels like he can. IDK.

Also, DH let "slip" (after seeing my disappointment) that he's getting a gift for me for when baby comes. Which I didn't expect, or even really want (the idea of a push present seems pretty silly to me, I just want my baby!). But anyway...

Regarding the Peapod thingy - I assume it'll be on the floor, depending on how much she's rolling around at 8 months. The condo has 3 bedrooms, so we'll just pick one with lots of floor space, but two of the BR's have king-size beds so we could just put it on there too. IDK. Yes DH is most excited about the "hychair" LOL. It will be nice, I just hope it's portable. I've never seen that type in a store, nor are there any youtube videos so I hope it folds compactly and stuff...

So how were your 2 weeks at home?? My only worry is that if I do go 1 week late, I'll feel silly being home for 2 weeks waiting for labor to start. Not that I mind NOT being at work - that part will be awesome! LOL I just have to take a bit more sick leave (I can take 6 weeks after the delivery/8 for a c-section, but with the doc's note I'll be able to use more sick leave beforehand). Haven't figured out how to tell my boss though. He should be fine with it, but I feel like I need to make up some medical reason as to why I *need* to stay home that last week...

Belly pics huh? We got a cute one over Christmas that I'll try to get up tomorrow (pics are at home). I need to post them to Facebook anyway, and luckily it's easy to post pics from FB onto the DIS! Haven't taken too many pics of my belly though, DH is really bad at taking pictures LOL. Can't use our camera for the life of him (Canon dslr).

I was thinking of spending some time on Pinterest today to get some ideas for newborn pics / birth announcements. Your month-by-month pics of Alex inspired me to try and be creative hehehe.

Random side note: my ring officially came off 2 days ago. It was getting a little tight, and I didn't want to leave it on until it was too late!

That sucks that all she got you was a candle. Is she having issues financially? I kwym about money and DH feeling he can spend some. I handle ours too so I have to tell him when he can and can't spend $. It sucks but he would never be able to survive with doing our bills and such.

That's sweet that he's getting you a push present but I agree, it's a little unexpected. I don't get the women that get angry when they don't get one. Um, hello, you just had a baby! Greatest gift ever!! Sheesh.

I felt like I needed to have some medical reason to stay home too. But my DH kept telling me how miserable I was and that being pregnant IS a medical reason all in itself! So don't feel bad for taking off early. You want that baby to stay in for as long as possible. Even if that means you go over due. Your baby knows when she will be ready to come out. Honestly, the two weeks at home were heavenly. I slept as much as I wanted/needed to. Got more things done and prepared for Alex's arrival w/o stressing about it. I just enjoyed my time and last few days having Alex being an inside baby and all to myself. Don't feel bad at all for taking maternity leave early. And who knows, maybe your baby girl will decide she's ready even before your due date :goodvibes

Awesome! Can't wait to see :goodvibes My DH can't use our Canon DSLR either so I got a Canon Point n Shoot as well. Makes life easier.

Pinterest is great! I'm sure you can find some great ideas on there. Glad I could inspire :goodvibes

Glad you took it off before it had to be cut off. I took mine off not long after I got pregnant because my fingers kept swelling during the day. My ring indent went away so now they no longer fit. I have to get them re-sized. I've been wearing them on a necklace for the last 2 years :rotfl:

I wasn't disappointed in my Christmas gifts but I totally understand where you're coming from. On birthdays, I always buy my brother & his wife and their two kids gifts. They have two of three parties for the kids' birthdays and I'm at every single one of them plus we always go to an amusement park or boardwalk for their birthdays. So for my birthday this past October do you know what they gave me? A card with $10 in lottery tickets from all four of them. Not trying to sound like a brat but really? :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for flights to come out for JetBlue. I should probably just jump on the Continental airfare I found but I don't like Continental! I'd rather fly JetBlue.

Four weeks til Aria is here! :goodvibes But the other Aria came back Monday night. :rotfl:

Your Christmas sounds super familiar... even though I know it isn't nice to say, I was a bit bummed that the gifts I got were not on par with those I gave. I ended up with some things I *needed*, but nothing I asked for. So I totally get what you're saying.

Hooray for a bit more time off work! And all of your baby purchases sounds very cool; she'll be here before you know it!

I totally get the present thing. I was quite a bit annoyed with my MIL at DS's birthday party. Not that he needed any more toys since he got a bunch of stuff, but she got him a freaking corn popper (one of these...it's way easier than trying to describe it!), and that was all. She spent $13 on him for his first birthday! My mom knew I didn't want tons of toys, so she only bought him a couple, but she also got him lots of clothes, shoes, and books to make up for the fact that I wouldn't let her go overboard with the toys. I felt a little selfish saying that, but it just seemed like my MIL didn't put much thought into it at all. My mom used to get him tons of stuff from the Garanimals clothes at Wal-Mart for $1 or $3 a piece, so it's not really about the total she spent but that she just couldn't seem to go anywhere without finding a little something to buy for him. Didn't get that from MIL. Also, last year for his first Christmas, she didn't buy him ANYTHING. He was only 2 months old, but that didn't stop anyone else from buying him things. I'm still pretty pissed at her for that. And he is her only grandchild! I will never ever understand her.

But anyway, I'm glad you'll be taking the time off from work beforehand. Not only does it get SO much more uncomfortable towards the end, you will always feel like there is something else that needs to be done around the house before the baby arrives!! I didn't make it to 39 weeks, so I just ended up working until he was born. I had just switched my schedule at work from 12 hour shifts to 8 hour shifts, but I really didn't even get to "enjoy" them. I worked a couple of 8s, and then the week before I went into labor, we had a new neurosurgeon coming to the hospital, so they sent a bunch of us to a 2-day neuro conference to learn about taking care of his post-op pts since it wasn't anything we would be familiar with. After those 2 days, I have NO idea how people with desk jobs handle pregnancy. I was so uncomfortable just sitting there for hours on end!! If you want to do any maternity pics, definitely go for it! I did them on October 23rd and delivered on the 24th!! I would have been so disappointed to not have those pics! I wasn't due until November 10th, so it was definitely a surprise. A co-worker who does photography on the side took the pics for us, and she felt so bad when she heard I'd had him the next day because she thought it might have been induced by her getting me to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. :rotfl: He was perfectly healthy though, so I think he was just ready to come out!!

Khertz ~ your MIL sounds a lot like mine and your Mom sounds a lot like mine too. We should talk :rotfl: Seriously though, Why do MIL's have to be so weird and crazy?? Sheesh :faint:

Hi there! Can I join the party!

I love baby TRs, and I traveled to Disney with my son when he was 4, 6, 10 and 18, and 24 months, so we've been around the block! :rotfl2:

I think the name Aria is so pretty, and those 3-D ultrasounds are awesome! We didn't get one done with my DS, so I think they are just so cool to look at. How neat that you have an idea of what she looks like, before she even arrives!

Good choice with the City Select! I definitely think you should take it with you instead of the Maclaren. I know there are some on the DIS that advocate umbrella strollers, but I think Aria would be much more comfortable in the City select, and you'd appreciate the storage!

Buggy guard was an awesome purchase! We have put ours to good use on all of our Disney trips!

Oh, and if you are serious about breastfeeding, you should look into attending a La Leche league meeting. I started going before I even had DS, and I found their advice to be invaluable. It was way more informative than the breastfeeding class at the hospital!

Also, be sure to ask for the hospital lactation consultant after you give birth. The more time you are able to log with them, the better! Also be sure to get their number so you can contact them after you go home if you have trouble. I had a hard time getting DS to latch, and we ended up going back to the hospital to meet with her more than once before everything ran smoothly.

The best advice I can give you is not to get discouraged and not to give up. Keep trying, it is the very first thing that you and Aria will learn together and it might take some time. I also second Khertz's advice to pump after you feed, that way you'll be able to supplement with breastmilk if you are having latch problems, and you will keep up your supply! I would also say the sooner you start pumping the better, it is never to early to start building up a stash, especially if you are going back to work.

I breastfed DS for 14 months, so if you have any questions or need any support, we're here for you! :thumbsup2

I'm excited to read along about your trip planning and your new baby planning! :thumbsup2

We tried to get some good belly/family shots so there's a few in here of that (w/ the pups of course!). We first had Christmas at our house just the 2 of us on Friday night, and then spent Sat & Sun at the IL's house on Cape Cod...

400850_701407052831_35002133_35428335_1436753183_n.jpg

382994_701407122691_35002133_35428336_1146585820_n.jpg

397914_701407157621_35002133_35428337_156656064_n.jpg

402921_701407182571_35002133_35428338_1381436534_n.jpg

383718_701407237461_35002133_35428339_447929940_n.jpg

405203_701407247441_35002133_35428340_1857697866_n.jpg

Annie is an excellent un-wrapper!

374175_701407307321_35002133_35428341_350072867_n.jpg

Nice nursing PJ set

400212_701407377181_35002133_35428342_521218671_n.jpg

DH opening his iPad

407175_701407432071_35002133_35428343_2140305304_n.jpg

Family photo at the Cape House

396508_701407481971_35002133_35428344_1728431403_n.jpg

Love my Annie!

395324_701407946041_35002133_35428350_2074167398_n.jpg

The IL's

405682_701407012911_35002133_35428334_721263034_n.jpg

Don't I just look thrilled? LOL

Ok enough photos...glad to have finally gotten a few decent ones with my ever-expanding belly :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter