WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on DAS. We are preregistered as a family of 4, and have our pre-selections made.

On 1 day of our trip, we will be meeting up with other family members for a 6 hour period in MK. We are not currently linked in friends and family, but will be before that day.

Will I be able to add 2 of those family members to the day of das selections (not the pre-registered ones). I am aware of the cap of 6 people, but is getting the 2 added something I have to go to Guest Servcies for, or is being linked in MDE enough?

Question on DAS. We are preregistered as a family of 4, and have our pre-selections made.

On 1 day of our trip, we will be meeting up with other family members for a 6 hour period in MK. We are not currently linked in friends and family, but will be before that day.

Will I be able to add 2 of those family members to the day of das selections (not the pre-registered ones). I am aware of the cap of 6 people, but is getting the 2 added something I have to go to Guest Servcies for, or is being linked in MDE enough?
You will need them to be Friends & Family and also linked to the DAS.
That can be done at Guest Services or at one of the Guest Experience umbrellas scattered around each park.

Has anyone here used the DAS for TRON? There's a post on the TRON previews thread about their experience, and I'm wondering if anyone here has done it, too?

The poster mentioned something about a long dark hallway with a black door at the end, that they were told to wait until a CM on the other side would open after a few minutes? That description really kind of triggers me, and would like more first hand info...
I recently used my DAS for Tron and went through the LL entrance process high leads you into the building on the left hand side. There is a switchback queue in the LL entrance which is out under the canopy but there was no one else in line when I entered. The hallway is dark with neon blue lighting on the walls that leads to the digitizing room. It is a fairly short hallway and I was able to see the door/exit/outdoor lighting from just inside the digitizing room door at the other end. I was alone so I’m not sure how I would feel with a full crowd in there but I was relieved that I could see the door/exit. It was only a moment (maybe 45 seconds) before they opened the door to the digitizing room which I had gone through already during CM previews. Not sure if that helped any but hopefully it did! Cheers!!

I recently used my DAS for Tron and went through the LL entrance process high leads you into the building on the left hand side. There is a switchback queue in the LL entrance which is out under the canopy but there was no one else in line when I entered. The hallway is dark with neon blue lighting on the walls that leads to the digitizing room. It is a fairly short hallway and I was able to see the door/exit/outdoor lighting from just inside the digitizing room door at the other end. I was alone so I’m not sure how I would feel with a full crowd in there but I was relieved that I could see the door/exit. It was only a moment (maybe 45 seconds) before they opened the door to the digitizing room which I had gone through already during CM previews. Not sure if that helped any but hopefully it did! Cheers!!
I’m curious how the DAS will work with Tron, as there have been reports that the line is very long for the single accessible car.

Anyone have any experience?

Hi everyone! I'm hoping you can help me figure out how child swap works with DAS, since I'm helping some friends plan their trip. A family of 5 is going to Disney. The father is registered for DAS. They have their pre-booked rides all set. Two of their children are very young, and won't be tall enough for several of the pre-booked rides, and of course the other rides they will book. Can they use child swap? If the dad scans in first with the older child, can the wife ride later thanks to child swap? TIA!

Yes, DAS can work with rider swap. The whole party approaches the queue and asks for the swap. The Dad plus any tall-enough children enter the queue while the swap is added to Mom's ticket plus 1 child (who gets to ride twice). As the DAS-holder, Dad must be in "party 1" and Mom will get the swap.

Hi everyone! I'm hoping you can help me figure out how child swap works with DAS, since I'm helping some friends plan their trip. A family of 5 is going to Disney. The father is registered for DAS. They have their pre-booked rides all set. Two of their children are very young, and won't be tall enough for several of the pre-booked rides, and of course the other rides they will book. Can they use child swap? If the dad scans in first with the older child, can the wife ride later thanks to child swap? TIA!
That is how other people have reported it worked for them.
If Dad is using DAS for that attraction, he will need to scan in as the first person. The entire family will need to be there in order to get the mother set up for rider swap. Dad will go on the ride first with the child or children who can ride, then he will take wife’s place staying with non-riding children

My apologies for another question. How does DAS work for booking shows (i.e. Lion King or Finding Nemo)? Do you have to go to a specific show? Let's say we don't need to book anymore rides, and just want to do LK show. But, we don't want to go until after lunch. Do we have to wait to book DAS when closer to our chosen show time, or, can we book earlier? I hope I make sense!

My apologies for another question. How does DAS work for booking shows (i.e. Lion King or Finding Nemo)? Do you have to go to a specific show? Let's say we don't need to book anymore rides, and just want to do LK show. But, we don't want to go until after lunch. Do we have to wait to book DAS when closer to our chosen show time, or, can we book earlier? I hope I make sense!
They give you a show time normally I’d is the next show

They give you a show time normally I’d is the next show
Shows also have a DAS Return Time with both a beginning and end time. The window is generally about 20 minutes and if you arrive after that time, you will probably not get into that particular show time.

I am getting close to my 30 days to call for DAS...I have a few questions...

1.) is it just easier to just tell them my diagnosis and medication instead of the gory details (they are gory) or will they not want to hear it? I know they are not supposed to ask but in my case it would be easier.
2.) How does it work when you make selections and 1 person in the party goes on very few rides. Does it ask you each time who is riding or could they just come along and "chicken out" exit?

I am getting close to my 30 days to call for DAS...I have a few questions...

1.) is it just easier to just tell them my diagnosis and medication instead of the gory details (they are gory) or will they not want to hear it? I know they are not supposed to ask but in my case it would be easier.
2.) How does it work when you make selections and 1 person in the party goes on very few rides. Does it ask you each time who is riding or could they just come along and "chicken out" exit?
1) They do NOT want diagnosis. One big reason is two people with the same diagnosis might have very different needs. One might not need DAS at all and the other might have lots of issues related to their disability.
They also do NOT want ‘all the gory details’. You need to be prepared to answer the question:
What are your concerns with waiting in the traditional (regular) lines?

2) The person who is registered for DAS needs to ride/go on the attraction. If the DAS registered person is the one who won’t go on/may chicken out, you would not make a DAS Return Time for it.
If it’s another member of your group, you would not need to include them when making a DAS Return Time.

if You haven’t read the first post in this thread, it‘s a summary of how registration for DAS works and how to use it.

DAS, The 2-30 days ahead…..is that park days or resort days. We are going for 13 days, but only 5 park days. Last few days are resort days.

We roll onto WDW on Tuesday so we made our call (video chat) yesterday. My wife was spearheading the effort for our disabled adult son - who was standing by. After a few bumps in the road, we got everything setup. From the time we opened the messenger to claim our spot in line, we started a chat within about 30 minutes. The first chat was aborted after we could not get my son to accept the Terms and Conditions fast enough. My wife was using his laptop and signed in as her so he had to find the terms and conditions on his phone. We took too long and the CM said his time was up.

We accepted the terms and condition on his phone and started again. We waited another 30 min or so. There was no questions of needs, diagnosis or anything. I suppose my son rolling into the frame of the video chat in his powerchair, wearing a trach collar was enough. After this brief exchange and listing everyone in our party, we were transferred to another CM to choose our rides. This was actually tough because my son's ride choices are small since we are beyond the days of transferring him from his chair to the ride. We figured it out and are good to go.

Could someone please help me? Yesterday I renewed by DAS after a 3+ hour wait and didn't have the time to preregister for rides. She said I could do myself today (next day, today) easily in same area where I clicked on Live Chat.

I've looked all over and all I see is the actual registration area to click into and I can't want to stay online for hours to get/ talk to anyone.

IS there somewhere I can go to get the 2 rides myself?

Thank you for any help.

Could someone please help me? Yesterday I renewed by DAS after a 3+ hour wait and didn't have the time to preregister for rides. She said I could do myself today (next day, today) easily in same area where I clicked on Live Chat.

I've looked all over and all I see is the actual registration area to click into and I can't want to stay online for hours to get/ talk to anyone.

IS there somewhere I can go to get the 2 rides myself?

Thank you for any help.e s
You go to the Same registration area.
Click to accept the Terms and Conditions, then tap the Live Chat link.
When it opens the chat window, there will be a link to register for DAS Advsnce Selections in that window for people who are already evtionsregistered for DAS. Click that link to get to the queue for doing selections.
Once you click it, there is usually a very short wait before someone gets to you. The longest I’ve waited there was about 10 minutes

You go to the Same registration area.
Click to accept the Terms and Conditions, then tap the Live Chat link.
When it opens the chat window, there will be a link to register for DAS Advsnce Selections in that window for people who are already evtionsregistered for DAS. Click that link to get to the queue for doing selections.
Once you click it, there is usually a very short wait before someone gets to you. The longest I’ve waited there was about 10 minutes

It was kind of you to reply and I appreciate your help.

I registered for DAS and it's the first time I am using it. I haven't found a current answer to this so I thought I would ask.
1. We just realized we need to split a day and that means losing our Fantasmic lunch which was at 1:00 (since it's our 2nd park we can't make it). The night we go there is only one show, is there DAS return time for Fantasmic or wheelchair area (first time in chair) how soon should we get there?
2. If I stop at a blue umbrella table when leaving the first park can I ask them to make return time at 2nd park.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter