WDW Splash Mountain is going to be sponsered by Ziploc....but Disney said no more plastic

Stitch1027

Earning My Ears
It was recently announced that WDW's Splash Mountain is going to be sponsored by ziploc. Guests will be given special themed ziploc bags to put their stuff in before they get on the attraction. While I do thing this is a great idea, I just had to mention that the day before, they announced that all plastic straws, lids, bags,etc would be gone by 2019. I personally feel that Disney may get a lot of backlash on the Ziploc Sponsorship and have a feeling that it may not last very long.

What are your guy's opinions on this contradicting topic?
How do you feel about Disney Attractions/Restaurants being sponsored?

I don't see Disney getting a lot of backlash from this, the majority of the population is being forced into this war on plastic rather than requesting it.

I believe corporations have been sponsoring attractions at WDW for quite a while so no surprise about Ziploc. The single use straw and stirrer phaseout will definitely have a positive impact on the environment but it will also cut costs for Disney which is their main goal. As for phasing out the plastic shopping bags, it gives them the opportunity to sell reusable ones. It’s kind of like hotels asking you to reuse your towels instead of laundering them. True it’s better for the environment but most hotels are more interested in saving the money on water, detergent and labor. That’s business. In spite of my cynicism I applaud Disney for reducing plastic waste.

I believe corporations have been sponsoring attractions at WDW for quite a while so no surprise about Ziploc. The single use straw and stirrer phaseout will definitely have a positive impact on the environment but it will also cut costs for Disney which is their main goal. As for phasing out the plastic shopping bags, it gives them the opportunity to sell reusable ones. It’s kind of like hotels asking you to reuse your towels instead of laundering them. True it’s better for the environment but most hotels are more interested in saving the money on water, detergent and labor. That’s business. In spite of my cynicism I applaud Disney for reducing plastic waste.
My thoughts exactly. Pretty articulate for a voodoo doctor ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter