WDW rides at night

many thanks for all your input.... i will try and add all this the the planner i am trying to work on!!! but not getting anywhere at the moment!!!

Jatin

Lots of rides seem better/different at night to me.

TTA - I love the views of the castle and Tomorrowland all lighted up
BTMRR - Riding this at night is fun; riding while Wishes is going on is a magical "must do"
JC -I have had some of the most hilarious skippers during night cruises. We don't bother with JC during the day anymore.

Hi Everyone

Travelling to WDW in just under a month, really excited :-) with 9 year old twin boys.

What are the best rides to go on at night? i have read that its a completely different experience compared to the day, just hoping that someone can give us a list of rides at different parks.

Many thanks...

MK

Astro Orbiter
People Mover
HM
Splash

Most rides at Epcot and HS are indoors. I would think ToT would be pretty cool at night, but we have only been on in daylight hours. AK would be EE, but it is usually not open after dark. it was years ago and it was awesome to be there at night.

1. Big Thunder Mountain - during the fireworks show. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

2. Asto Orbitor - meant to be rode at night.
3. Indy Race Cars - really fun when the ride isn't so hot.
4. Big Thunder Mountain - without the fireworks show. A different experience than during the day.
5. Peoplemover - great view of Tomorrowland lighting
6. Splash Mountain - just before the big drop you have a direct view of the colored lights on the castle.

MK:
Jungle Cruise
BTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Astro Orbiter
Peoplemover

EPCOT:
Test Track

DHS:
ToT

For years I wanted to try JC at night, and we finally got around to it last summer. I have to say our skipper was entertaining, but it was SO dark we could barley see a darn thing.:rotfl2: I enjoyed the laughs, but not the view.:rotfl:

Thunder Mountain Railroad at night. Nice.

Thunder Mountain Railroad at night during fireworks? SWOOOOOOOOOON.

While most, if not all, of our favorite night rides have already been mentioned (my personal favorite is AO), there is one I didn't see. IMO, Characters in Flight in DTD is cool durring the day, but AWESOME on a clear night. If you happen to be in DTD at night and CiF happens to be running, it's worth the extra money to check out.

I agree with all of the rides already listed, but I'm going to also suggest RnR simply because nighttime adds the actual feeling that the rider is actually going to a concert.

My favorite used to be the Animal Kingdom at night, but they took away EMH there :( Kali River Rapid was awesome.

Anyway, I would add to the list above Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Tower of Terror and Test Track. Basically anything that has an outside component is a different experience at night. Splash Mountain is the really cool at night.

All my favourites at night, ToT in particular :thumbsup2 would also add splash!

One of my favorite WDW memories is riding splash mountain during a night time fireworks show at the MK.

I know it's hard to do, but if you're ever in Animal Kingdom at night, Expedition Everest is amazing! We were there over New Years last year and it easily became my favorite nighttime ride!

I honestly believe PotC is darker and has a different feel at night. Probably my imagination, but isn't that the point?

One I haven't seen mention of yet- Living with the Land. The greenhouse is just... breathtaking!

I never thought about doing The Land at night.
We usually do this attraction early in the day, but after reading this I think it would be a restful ride in the evening. Thanks for the tip.:)

I agree with all of the rides already listed, but I'm going to also suggest RnR simply because nighttime adds the actual feeling that the rider is actually going to a concert.

excellent point.

Tower of Terror is downright awesome at night as well as BTMRR.

Love splash at night with the fireworks going off as you come outside and float around with the birds tweetin and singin.

Disney World at night! Oh, I miss it! For Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland Transit Authority, or the Peoplemover; Splash Mountain; Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; Haunted Mansion is fun and spooky at night. For Epcot: Test Track, Maelstrom in Norway, and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico. For HS: Tower of Terror, RocknRoller Coaster, the Great Movie Ride. For Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest and Primevil Whirl. All of these are ones I'd recommend ;) I hope this helps and have a great trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter