1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

WDW Restaurants of the Past & Bonus recipe...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by sephorachick, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

Waaay back in 1992 my sister and I ate a fantastic quick service meal at a cute little place in DTD called Minnie Mia's!! It was probably only so good because we were starving but it is one of my fondest memories.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

Those cafeteria-style ones were some of our faves.

We miss Fireworks Factory. Great ribs!!

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

You could get a plate of spaghetti with a meatball for about $3.00. It was the most filling and economical meal in Disney. We always went there. I think it was replaced by Wolfgang Puck's original pizza place.

5. OldsDr

OldsDr DIS Veteran

Biergarten when it was a menu restaurant.

6. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

Tony's in the MK for breakfast. It was so nice to sit and have a nice relaxing breakfast in the park. We would make park opening ,ride some rides for an hour or so than go and have breakfast.

7. Corb341

Corb341 Earning My Ears

I agree! We always started our WDW trip with breakfast at Tony's on our first morning.

8. MyPrinceWillCome

MyPrinceWillCome Mouseketeer

I miss all the original DD eateries. Minnie Mia was already mentioned but there was also Goofy's Grill (where Ghiradelli is now) and Donald's Dairy Dip was the ice cream shop. Those places just really gave The Marketplace character (no pun intended.)

I also miss the breakfast menu at Boatwright's at Dixie Land-- I mean POR. It was one of my favorite breakfasts on property.

In general, I miss the larger menus. Most Disney restaurants used to have multi page menus and over time they took away more and more options.

9. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

Spoodles is a huge one.

We miss the character breakfast at FW, used to be Chip and Dale and had the heads from Country bears on the walls. We got enormous Muffins, and kazoos.

10. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

I have some great memories of that breakfast.

11. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

I miss Heidelberger's Deli at DTD. It was where Wolfgang Puck Express is now. It was sooooo good.

Kouzzina is fantastic! It is in our top 5 WDW restaurants and a "must go" on every trip. I would definitely recommend giving them a try. We loved Spoodles too, but actually prefer Kouzzina.

12. WDW-BWV

WDW-BWV Mouseketeer

My votes ;

1 SPOODLES! The new place is a lame outpost for one of their TV stars.

2. FIREWORKS FACTORY at PI ...a real blast ftom the past when PI was cool!

13. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

"Wake up you silly moose!"
    That was the Melvin the Moose character breakfast and we loved it.

14. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

How about King Stefan's banquet hall, now Cinderella's Royal Table,--they had marvelous shrimp

Diamond horseshoe when they used to serve lunch and put on a show -you felt like you were in a real saloon

The restaurant that is now Citricos, at the GF, I can't remember the name but the waiters would burst into songs -

15. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

How could I forget King Stefan's. I really miss that place. I still want to dine in the castle again but CRT really isn't my cup of tea.

I also miss Concourse Steak House - no one else in my family seemed to enjoy their meal there but I loved the onion soup and every steak I ordered.

Crockett's Tavern when it was a full service restaurant was lovely as well. Everywhere seemed to serve prime rib back in the late 80's to early 90s and that made me a happy kid.