WDW releases new logo for Disney's Hollywood Studios

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Here's the new logo for the Studios:

dhslogo2.jpg

So are they tearing down the hat and building a 7 story hideous clacker board in it's place?

7 story clacker board? Funny!:lmao:

I can see it now.... lots of kids running around with $20 clacker boards. Ummm...annoying.

The old Logo also had Mickey with a clacker board.

aVPHzMr.gif

Old Logo

aVPBma0.jpg

New Logo

Lol so little difference and people hate it like the plague. I like the new one compared to the 80''s neon blue logo.

I actually like the font, but the mickey image is cheesy.

I REALLY REALLY hope they don't get rid of the hat!!!! I don't see why that can't stay... It links with "Fantasmic"...."Fantasia"....if they get rid of the hat it'll all be messed up!!

I actually like the font, but the mickey image is cheesy.

I REALLY REALLY hope they don't get rid of the hat!!!! I don't see why that can't stay... It links with "Fantasmic"...."Fantasia"....if they get rid of the hat it'll all be messed up!!

Ugly hat blocks the gorgeous chinese theater facade of great movie ride. TAKE IT DOWN

Ugly hat blocks the gorgeous chinese theater facade of great movie ride. TAKE IT DOWN

I heard it was put there to do just that. They had to pay royalties for every photo sold with it in it so they put the Hat there and not up front of the park.

I don't even know if it's true or not just something I read somewhere and it seemed ligit.

I like the New Logo it is Cheesy but in a Classy way .

not that exciting... its alright, gets the job done. but very understated. I'm indifferent. personally would have liked to see something alittle more innovative. Alittle bland for my taste.

The smaller logo does not really show off golf trim of the letters on the logo.
The gold trim reminds me of the Golden age of Hollywood:

disneyshollywoodstudiolarge.gif

Just my 2 cents.

I don't really have a problem with this logo, the park sucks, who cares if the logo is bland? but you people that want the hat to stay Disturb me.

I agree.
Take down the hat!
The chinese theater is a Hollywood landmark and will tie in with the new Hollywood name much better than the hat.

The logo is ok...rather underwhelming but it will suffice.

I'm w/ you...tear down that lame hat! Could they not think of something a little better to stand as the trademark of the park? It's just so random and the placement is AWFUL!

I don't mind it. I'm not big on change, but it could be a lot worse.

Don't read this in a haughty tone because it isn't meant that way. More in the line of concern:

This is real? If this was put up for critique in a design school it would be torn apart. Kerning issues (the U and D), grid lines are not used, all centered (in the larger image), and Mickey does not match the weight of the lettering. Also, designers are supposed to make sure communication is clear and the "O" gets really muddled and breaks "studios" into pieces that isolates the word "STUD."

Don't read this in a haughty tone because it isn't meant that way. More in the line of concern:

This is real? If this was put up for critique in a design school it would be torn apart. Kerning issues (the U and D), grid lines are not used, all centered (in the larger image), and Mickey does not match the weight of the lettering. Also, designers are supposed to make sure communication is clear and the "O" gets really muddled and breaks "studios" into pieces that isolates the word "STUD."

That was exactly what I thought too! I am a recent graduate of an Art & Design School, and if this was in a pin up during a critique, it deffinitley would have been ripped apart. No doubt about it. It looks rushed, and not planned. Slapped together....cheap. (It looks like it was done the night before it was due!)

With all due respect, some of you crack me up. It seems like nothing is good enough. I think it's a very nice logo, design school critique notwithstanding. I like the hat, too. There, I said it :rotfl2:

I have an idea, why don't you all design your own theme park and invest billions of dollars into it. Then, you can have whatever logo you want. Of course, if you do that, we'll just pick it apart and tell you how stupid your ideas are (I won't, but, the others will).

The end :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter