• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Reducing A/C in the parks

78 is only comfortable to me if there is a breeze circulating (like a ceiling fan).
The rooms at the values, and if I remember correctly, the mods, do not have fans. I cannot sleep when I am hot. I DO agree that 78 would probably feel nice and chilly in the stores/restaurants when coming in out of the heat on a park day.

Don't know about the other mods, but just got back like 3 weekends ago from Coronado Springs and in the new refurb. room I stayed in had a terrrific ceiling fan (and the a/c worked perfectly too). The rooms there are super nice. :cloud9:

When we stayed at Pop Century, we always had to turn down the A/C when we returned to our room after a day at the parks. Each day, the housekeepers turned-up the A/C when they cleaned the room and then they left it on "high" when they left the room. So when we returned, it was like entering a walk-in cooler.

We were also at WDW in midJune during the heat wave (hi Vicki!) I noticed that we did NOT freeze as usual in the restaurants. It was a very pleasant change.

When we stayed at Pop Century, we always had to turn down the A/C when we returned to our room after a day at the parks. Each day, the housekeepers turned-up the A/C when they cleaned the room and then they left it on "high" when they left the room. So when we returned, it was like entering a walk-in cooler.

yep, that's the way it was for us last September at Pop, and again this past May 2009 at POFQ. Sometimes we had deliberately turned up the temp because it had gotten too cold overnight...but after maids visited they adjusted it every day to make it cooler in the room. Was actually nice when we were coming in from a hot/humid morning at the park.

Hmm...I thought it was pretty much freezing inside every one of our TS dinners in June and on the busses. In fact, I was painfully cold in CP-I was clutching the warm plate to my while waiting in the buffet line!

We can all live quite comfortably with A/C set at 78 degrees. Especially when the temperatures outside are twenty degrees higher.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to disagree...but there is no way that I would find 78 degrees comfortable! :confused3 For me, that's just too warm. At home, in New Jersey, my thermostat stays at 70 year round! :cool2:

Not at all. Now if they'll only turn it down on the buses.

I agree! There's nothing worse than freezing to death when you're also exhausted (both in the morning and at night)! In January I was quite comfortable in most attractions, restaurants, etc, but I found the room to be painfully cold, especially at night. After the second night we finally turned it up a bit. Even though the days were mid-to-high 80s, the nights were much cooler and the air was definitely not needed.

I like it cold at night and the balloon trick in the room works really well. We were lucky in June and could afford to stay at WL which had fans in the room. It was wonderful.

I liked that the restaurants weren't as cold this June. I do much better when I'm not walking in and out of freezing air conditioning during the day.

We would have a heat stroke if forced to be at 78 all the time! We keep it at 70 in summer, 66 in winter!

How do you guys pay the utility bills!!!! To keep it at the temps I"m seeing would cost a fortune. My DD would like anyone of you to adopt her please. I won't even turn the AC on until it is 88 and up and then it is set for 76 at the lowest. In the winter it is 68 for an hour in the morning and then 65-66 and 62 overnight. (and we go to minus 20 on a regular basis)

I froze at Disney so I'm glad to see them making it warmer.

We just got back and noticed some thing similar. You know how when your in the cue for some shows like Indiana Jones and Festival of the lion king, you use to have the fans misting and blowing. This year, nada. We sat in the Beauty and the Beast show absolutely no air, no fans

I'm the type of person that would rather be too cold than too hot.
I can't stand humidity. I like my home, hotel, buses etc. to be on the cool side.
I'd rather bring a sweater or extra shirt than be practically naked and miserably hot.

It's about time! It doesn't need to be freezing cold inside. Do you think that they may have made the change partly for the comfort and well-being of their guests?

I completely agree. When we were down in July I dont even think they had the air on in Pirates! It was so warm waiting in the line. I also remember saying to my family that I dont feel the blast of ice cold air from the stores, that I have before in the past, as you walk by them.

Wow, I just adjusted our air back up to 78 because I am freezing! It was set at 75. Too cold for me!!!:cold:

Are you very thin or hypothyroid? People built like that or with hypothyroid disease tend to be cold all the time.

Being from the north I swelter in the heat and enjoy that cold AC available. My favorite is coming back to my room after a day in the heat and enjoying the nice cool room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter