• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Railroad- ever a long line? and other questions

MelissaMakesCakes

Earning My Ears
Ive been to MK a few times but never ridden the Railroad around the park. This time I have my train obsessed two year old with me so I think I will go for a ride. We are there during super busy spring break time. Will there be a long wait? Is there a better place to catch it with less wait? Can you get off at whichever stop you like or do you have to get off where you got on?

TIA!

MelissaMakesCakes said:
Ive been to MK a few times but never ridden the Railroad around the park. This time I have my train obsessed two year old with me so I think I will go for a ride. We are there during super busy spring break time. Will there be a long wait? Is there a better place to catch it with less wait? Can you get off at whichever stop you like or do you have to get off where you got on?

TIA!

On and off wherever you want. I've never waited more than one cycle to get on.

We've never had a problem getting on the train at any of the stops. You can ride around as long as you'd like, and you can get off at whatever stop you want. FYI, you can't take a rental stroller on the train, if you will be using one. We had a small umbrella stroller for our youngest a few times, and we were able to fold it and take it with us.

FYI, you can't take a rental stroller on the train, if you will be using one.

But, the second part of that (if you have rented a Disney stroller) is that when you DO exit the train
(regardless of where you got ON the train)
there will be additional rental strollers sitting at that station for you to pick up and
start using from that point on. (Just reattach your name card/rental tag
on the new stroller, and off you go...)

The longest lines I have ever seen are at the Fantasyland Station. I have rarely had a boarding problem at Main St or Frontierland. Last April we waited through 3 trains to board at Fantasyland - Part of that may be that there are less openings as people from Frontierland may be riding through to Main St.

It is one of my favorite things to do at MK.

We LOVE to ride the train for a simple break from other activities. When walking to the MK entrance, it's a little thrill to hear that whistle and know that we are back. On my credenza in my office I have a little box that can light up that displays the front of the train station as the train is pulling in. I love to turn it on and remember the good times at Disney. Only 8 more weeks till we plan on riding the train again.

We love the relaxing train ride as well. It is a nice break from the hecticness of the park and crowds. They do pack you on like sardines when its busy, though:eek:

I have questions, but I can't seem to find answers through searching. Searching led me to this thread, which seems like the best place to ask. Okay, fine, I didn't spend that long searching. :rolleyes1

How long (time/duration) does it take to complete a full loop? (For example Main Street, all the way back to Main Street)

More specifically, might anyone know how long it would take to get from Frontierland back to Main Street?

And to go along with the stroller comment, we have a City Mini stroller (exactly like those orange/grey third party rentals all over the park) - are those allowed on the train? If not, my plan to ride the train from Frontierland back to Main Street won't work. :sad1:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I have questions, but I can't seem to find answers through searching. Searching led me to this thread, which seems like the best place to ask. Okay, fine, I didn't spend that long searching. :rolleyes1

How long (time/duration) does it take to complete a full loop? (For example Main Street, all the way back to Main Street)

More specifically, might anyone know how long it would take to get from Frontierland back to Main Street?

And to go along with the stroller comment, we have a City Mini stroller (exactly like those orange/grey third party rentals all over the park) - are those allowed on the train? If not, my plan to ride the train from Frontierland back to Main Street won't work. :sad1:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

About thirty minutes to go all the way around. About twenty minutes to go from Frontierland and Main Street. Folding strollers are okay onboard--doesn't sound like yours would be.

About thirty minutes to go all the way around. About twenty minutes to go from Frontierland and Main Street. Folding strollers are okay onboard--doesn't sound like yours would be.

Thanks! Our stroller is a folding stroller but not an umbrella stroller. It folds flat instead of in on itself (if that makes sense). But you've been a big help! If they don't let it on board, we'll just walk. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Our stroller is a folding stroller but not an umbrella stroller. It folds flat instead of in on itself (if that makes sense). But you've been a big help! If they don't let it on board, we'll just walk. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

If it folds and can get in the bench row with you, then you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter