WDW pet peeves-no bathroom discussions please

I already posted a bunch of pet peeves in the other thread, but I've thought of another one that happens to me quite a lot.

For some reason, lots of men like to stretch out and rest their arms on the back of the seats on the monorail. Not a problem. However, when I have to sit right behind them, I don't understand why so many of them refuse to move their elbows out of the back of my neck. :confused:

I feel weird having to turn around and ask them to move their arms but you'd be amazed at how many times I've had to do it. There's no way they could have NOT noticed. :rolleyes: I am not a touchy feely person and don't find it very comfortable being touched by strangers or by people who invade my personal space.......

OOH, I just thought of one....

A big pet peeve of mine is standing next to someone that smells like a bag of onions. They have a huge back pack on them (or standing with some one who has one on, and you want to ask..."do ya have some deorderant in that bag"!!!! And I know they smell themselves!!!!!! - Come on people if you know your hormones are going to be off (assuming this is not the norm of your body scent) place deorderant in your bags. Its normal especially during the warmer months.

Hope I didn't step on any toes!!!!:hyper:

Originally posted by djm99
Again, since my post got swallowed in that bathroom discussion!!!!

My biggest Pet Peeve actually is waiting on time to go by. Waiting on my vacation is like a child waiting on Christmas.

Can August come already!!!!:Pinkbounc

I hear that! I've been waiting close to a year now, and it's ALMOST here (2 months).

Got my camera case today, which made me giddy knowing that I was getting it to take on my trip!!!

:Pinkbounc

My pet peeves on this last trip was a 12-15 year old girl (I don't guess ages right but she looked 12 to me) that had on a t-shirt that read...

"If you think I'm a B*tch, you should meet my mom!"

Thing is her mom was with her. Nice to be insulted by your child's clothing and do nothing about it...:rolleyes:

I hate people who don't watch their kids...I had a kid in front of me at Universal who was trying on sunglasses and then throwing them on the floor...I said something but he just looked at me funny and when his mom called him he just left.

Last pet peeve...Don't have your kids up and about at Downtown Disney at 11pm, whinning and complaining. HINT: they are tired and NEED to go to bed!!!!!

I also hate that people leave their trash on tables...

Ok...I'm fine now...thanks for the vent. :p

My pet peeves are out of controll strollers and out of control walking people. Also biggest peeve is parents yelling and draging around crying and tired children. They need to rest!!!!! It is a vacation!!!::yes::

A big pet peeve of mine is standing next to someone that smells like a bag of onions. They have a huge back pack on them (or standing with some one who has one on, and you want to ask..."do ya have some deorderant in that bag"!!!! And I know they smell themselves!!!!!! - Come on people if you know your hormones are going to be off (assuming this is not the norm of your body scent) place deorderant in your bags. Its normal especially during the warmer months.

I second that DJM, and have three words of advice for those people

Secret platinum protection

As has already been stated, smelly people (yuck!) and people who leave trash on the tables. Clean up after yourselves! I also can't stand it when people litter even though there is a trash can two feet away, or people who allow their child to pee where ever even though the restroom is nearby. I witnessed that at AK in August.
Lastly, people who leave there chewed up gum wherever they please. I got gum on my butt after leaving 50's PrimeTime in Mgm. I leaned up against a column while talking to my mom, and the gum was right at butt level. I was mad for some time afterwards.

Seeing an inter-racial couple and having to stare at them like it was an attraction unto itself. Get a life, people, it happens.

Originally posted by Talking Hands
People who walk between the interpreters and the audience when there are other ways to leave a show. And if that is the only way to go, please do it as quickly as possible as to be the least distraction to those needing the interpreters. They are not there just to be pretty.

Well, Lisa, last time I met you, your hearing was fine, what caused your deafness? Perhaps Marvin's singing to you?

Originally posted by tiberius
When I see something like that I am usually tempted to say something like, "Oh look, free backpacks!!!

LOL, good one!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Talking Hands
Let's see. Change of clothes. repair equipment for my wheelchair, BGmeter, strips, lancet, insulin and syringes, emergency sugar supply, ponchos for me and the power wheelchair, sweatshirt in case I get chilly, sunscreen, medications and painkillers, batteries for my hearing aids and a case in case the need to be removed, Disney pins for trading, pad and paper for people who don't understand my speech, change, my canes, cord for the wheelchair charger. umbrella. Of course my id, pass and credit card are on my lanyard. Heavy? I have no idea because it is attached to the back of the wheelchair. Fortunately it doesn't extend past the base of the wheelchair so no chance of hitting someone with it unless I hit them with the chair as well.
Btw when my girls were with me all the time they used to dump everything they didn't want to carry into the backpack as well.

WOW, all that, and I understood you just fine a few years ago.
Your speech was clear and you heard EVERYTHING just fine, in fact more than you needed to hear. I have pictures, want to see them?

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
WOW, all that, and I understood you just fine a few years ago.
Your speech was clear and you heard EVERYTHING just fine, in fact more than you needed to hear. I have pictures, want to see them?

Uh, from personal experience, I know that people with certain diseases sometimes deteriorate. Just because she spoke well and heard you fine a "a few years ago" doesn't mean she is functioning at that same positive level now.

My husbands hearing was fine a few years ago, but now wears hearing aides. It happens.

My pet peeves:

--Parents who allow their children to run around in the fountains inside the parks naked or half naked. I just think it's totally class-less. My kids "swim" when we get back to the resort.

--Parents who allow their children to run around and misbehave in restaurants. Your job as a parent is to teach them manners. I've taught my kids manners. I want to dine with my DD's & DH, not with your kids "visiting" my table. You might think it's cute - I don't!

--Foreigners that pretend they don't understand the English language when you are saying excuse me or they are trying to stop in the middle of a row & you are telling them (or a CM is telling them) they need to move all the way down. I've always wondered how you can enjoy a show or attraction but not understand a word they're saying!

BTW - I am going to be more conscience of not doing some of the things mentioned on these boards. I guess we all get so caught up in what we are doing that we forget about common courtesy to others around us - although I really do try!!! :crazy: but I'm going to try harder now. ::yes::

- People who have been going to disney for years and complain about all the changes. "I remember when....."

- People who go to disney in the off season so they won't have to deal with crowds then complain because the parks close early.:confused:

- People who complain about those of us that are more interested in the rides than the "magic". I don't want to slow down. I want to go,go,go. I didn't spend that much money to sit on a bench and people watch. I'm sure I'll change my mind about this after I get a few more trips under my belt. Right now I'm just interested in the rides and shows.

-People who try to make others feel like crap because they're staying in a value resort instead of the GF. :rolleyes:

-People who try to make others feel like crap because they picked a Carnival cruise over DCL.

- People who get angry because the resort didn't grant their room REQUEST.

- People who try to make parents feel bad about the amount of money they give their kids to spend on vacation.

-People who stand in the stand by line and give those of us using fast pass nasty looks as we walk pass them.

Originally posted by disneyjunkie

-People who try to make others feel like crap because they're staying in a value resort instead of the GF. :rolleyes:

You know, last night my SO and I were at my parents talking about hotels. We were actually talking about Las Vegas but the same principle applies. My mom was insisting that if SO & I go to Vegas we should stay at a fancy "pretty" hotel. Well, SO and I are both very much into fantasy and sci fi and geeky stuff like that. We much prefer colorful themes, and flashy (sometimes tacky) decor. It's just the way we are. If I go to VEgas, we plan to stay at Luxor (Egypt themed) , TI (pirate themed) or Excalibur (fantasy/medieval themed). My mom, who likes to stay in the resort that most looks like a mansion :rolleyes: could not wrap her mind around staying in a giant pyramid or castle.

Likewise, if I was staying on site (I'm not because we have a timeshare available to us offsite) I'd likely pick a bright, themed resort like Pop Century, All Star Movies, or Music.

The GF just looks kind of...boring to me. Even as an adult with no kids. *shrugs* I can see the romantic old time appeal , I guess but that's just not my thing. I could care less about Spas, but show me a gigantic statue of a dalmation and I'll be snapping pictures of it for days.

While some of the higher priced resorts have "fun" themes, (Poly, Ft. Wilderness, AK Lodge), most of them just seem rather dull to my senses. I don't think that means I have less class; it just means I have different tastes.

So I too get annoyed when people try and make you feel like you are somehow beneath them because you are staying offsite or at a value resort.

Originally posted by MELSMICE
My pet peeves:
--Foreigners that pretend they don't understand the English language when you are saying excuse me or they are trying to stop in the middle of a row & you are telling them (or a CM is telling them) they need to move all the way down. I've always wondered how you can enjoy a show or attraction but not understand a word they're saying!

I hate that too. Our last trip a family was going to have todot eh baby swap because one of their little boys was to little for the ride. Well the first few of them rode and got off then the next crew got on and the little boy was supposed to go through and wait with the first group. BUT they sat him in a seat and when the cm talked to them they acted like they didnt speak english--but I knew they did I just saw them talking to the previous cm.

Esmeralda we stayed at the Luxor and Excalibur both are wonderful--you will either one.

Esmerelda- I've stayed at both Luxor and Treasure Island. I thought both were great, but if I had to chose between the two I would pick Luxor. I haven't stayed at Excalibur but have noticed there seem to be more kids there, don't know if that matters to you or not. And I think the "themed" hotels are just as nice as any "pretty" hotel! LOL!

Thanks. Well, I'd lean towards Luxor myself, because I like Egypt. Of course, my SO wishes he was a knight or a pirate I think, so I'm sure we'll spend time in all three. LOL.

Likewise, at Disney, we plan on skipping fancy meals at places like V&A's , the Brown Derby etc, and having meals at places like Sci Fi. And we aren't staying onsite, so in lieu of a few fancy meals at the parks, we're eating at Medieval Times & Pirates dinner theater.

We're like a couple of 10 year olds :) :Pinkbounc
I wish I was leaving tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter