WDW package or book seperately? - Help!

m1ckeymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

We have finally got something to ask! We have been lurking here since about 2005, living through other peoples trip reports and getting brilliant tips and answers to our questions through other peoples threads. We are hoping you will be able to give us some insight into our current problem.

We have a trip booked Dec 3rd to 17th 2009 and have paid the deposit but nothing else (and this was paid over 18m ago!). The person we were dealing with has left the company and they are certainly not being over helpful with our queries, although admittedly we are probably quite high maintenance!

So we looked around. The package we have includes flights (Virgin) and 14 day tickets (ultimate) for 2 adults and 1 4yo, staying at POP, now this does NOT inc free dining (quick service), but we can get the same deal by booking everything separately with the dining and will only loose our deposit, which has gone anyway! OR and this is the question:

we can stay at POR with the dining plan rather than quick service for an extra £635.00.

We are quite nervous about booking it all seperately as we have never done this before. What do you think? What would you do? Do you think we should upgrade to a moderate as it seems good value, keep the original package and budget for food, or book it seperately and stay with Pop but with the QS dining?

Help!:confused:

We know you wonderful people will have some ideas! Thanks so much for your help and sorry to waffle!!!

we booked this year for the first time seperatly and saved around £600

We are staying at POFQ and upgraded to regular dining plan as the moderate hotels were only offering the counter service plan

I will be booking seperatley from now on as its so much cheaper. For next year staying at SSR Virgin Holidays want £1800 per person before tickets yet disney uk want £1800 for both of us with tickets and then we just have to get our flights

This year we paid £635 for two virgin economy flights

I agree with above, I booked my first stay as a package and my last stay I booked separately and it worked out loads cheaper than a package. I had a Disney annual pass so got a discount on my room with Disney.

Only through the Disney US site can you get free dining at he value resorts.

I would price up the package seperate, I've done the last two DIY - buy tickets and hotel (and this year DDP) through Dsiney UK and get flights seperate with Virgin or BA.

The only problem I can see at this stage is that the flights might be quite expensive and you may have to go indirect, but you won't know until you have a look :thumbsup2

Nothing to be scared about booking DIY, Disney UK know much more than travel agents seem too and I have foudn them really helpful :thumbsup2

If you book hotel, tickets and DDP with Disney uk, that part will be a package anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter