WDW or Hilton Head w/teens

Kosmc4

Earning My Ears
I wanted to book a week at the BCV for winter break and my two teenage girls said lets go somewhere different. They said lets go to Hilton head. HH in Feb.?? A Dis vacation is always different and told them there is still plenty we havent done at WDW. It seems there won't be enough for them to do at HH in Feb. Need some help to make this call.

Vero Beach DVC but not HH. February is not beach weather at HH, Golf maybe. WDW is always nice even when it is cool.

HHI can be very cool in FEB and a lot of the things to do may not be open. I like to relax then but 2 teens may noy feel that way. :cool1:

If they want to actually go swimming I'd pick Vero in February. It'll still be cool but you might have a lucky day in there. Plus there would be a lot of options. If you want to play golf, tennis or ride a bike HH would be excellent. Shopping should also still be good as would taking a day trip over to Savannah. But if sunbathing is whats on their minds VB would be smarter. Plus if you made a mistake you could possibly shift the remainder of your vacation to Disney World.

I agree with the others. We love HHI, but Feb. is definitely off season. I would suggest somewhere warmer.

Not mentioned is that the pool is heated. It's been a few years but we did a spring break down there one year and our daughters did the horseriding along the shore - can be arranged thru DVC or privately. There are also the kayak trip, sightseeing trips along the river. Definitely not a hotspot of activity -- but very relaxing. And there were other teens staying there as well.

I hate to disagree but I think that there isn't enough to do at VB unless the weather is warm and you can sunbathe. HH has shopping, Savannah and Charleston to fall back on. A previous poster suggested booking VB and if the weather wasn't good moving to WDW, typically that is a busy time and the resorts are sold out. Good luck figuring it out....isn't it great having options!!

Our neighbors(DVC Boardwalk owners) took their two teenaged girls to Hilton Head and were bored after the first day and a half. Needless to say the week didn't play out too well for them. I can only vote against it for your own sanity.
Best of luck on your decision. :confused3 # :guilty:

I love HH and the weather in Feb. COULD be quite nice but also could be cold and blustery (welcome to the south!) There is a mall which is walkable from the Disney property but I can;t see teenage girls loving HH for more than a day or two off season (unless they play golf).

Have only been to Vero once. Enjoyed our stay but I was the one who was bored!!!! Have had better experiences at other beach resorts.

We took our teenage son and two of his buddies to OKW this past spring break and they had a ball. I did not force the theme parks on them but they had lots of freedom thanks to Disney transportation. They did the Segway tour, we rented a boat, and they went to a Braves spring training game...also spent lots of time in the parks but they enjoyed doing the other stuff a lot, too.

So, I understand the reluctance to do WDW again but it is really hard to beat for families with teens!

A lot of differences from one teen to the next, if they like nature or history there will be plenty to do. Golf and /or fishing can be fantastic in Feb,
but if they need to be entertained HH may be the wrong place to go. Sunbathing and swimming at the beach will probably be a no-go, the pool is heated and there is a hot tub but that can only go so far. My guess is that most of the other guest will be "old farts". Only you know your teens so you'll have to be the judge of what they like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter