• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW on A&E this evening...9pm Eastern!

littleladykaty

DIS Veteran
Just in case anybody is interested!! It's a two hour something or other on Walt Disney World! :) I've got the Tivo all set to go!!!

Modern Marvels®

“Walt Disney World ”
Rated: TVPG
Running Time: 120 Minutes
Genre: Documentary
Closed Captions: Yes

Upcoming Airings:
Wednesday, May 17 @ 9pm/8C
Thursday, May 18 @ 1am/12C

Search for other upcoming episodes

Journey underground and backstage at the technological marvel that is Walt Disney World. Enter a make-believe world spanning some 27,000 acres, brought to life by cutting-edge technology. What was once Florida swampland now boasts the world's largest theme park. The ride technology ranges from space-age centrifuges to enhanced motion vehicles powered by 3,000 PSI of hydraulic pressure. And hundreds of audio animatronics brought to life through the power of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical systems. Walt Disney World is made up of four separate theme parks, each with its own innovations: the 107-acre Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The four parks are all part of a megaplex of a resort. Twice the size of Manhattan, it was the final vision and crowning achievement of a man who spent more than 40 years pushing the limits of technology to create entertainment magic: Walt Disney.

You beat me to it!! I saw this and just screamed. Finally a NEW show on WDW. I've got Tivo set up to record it too. Unfortunately it's on the same time as Deal or no Deal..I've become hopelessly addicted to Howie's bald head :lmao:

thelionqueen said:
You beat me to it!! I saw this and just screamed. Finally a NEW show on WDW. I've got Tivo set up to record it too. Unfortunately it's on the same time as Deal or no Deal..I've become hopelessly addicted to Howie's bald head :lmao:

Just so people know, this is exactly new, it was on some time last year and I caught it. Definately worth watching.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was on the History Channel first. I have it recorded to my DVR. But I will be watching it again tonight!!

UGH!!!!!!!!
I already have the VCR set up to tape The Amazing Race (finale epi!!! :cheer2: ) so I can watch Deal or No Deal.

NOW....I have this on at the same time!
What to do, what to do???

Looks like I might have to tape the WDW show when it is on in the middle of the night.

As others have stated, this Modern Marvels special actually premiered a few months back on The History Channel.

It's one of the best Disney Park docs around. While some of the Disney docs I've seen are like extended propaganda commercials, Modern Marvels does a great job of focusing on the Disney tech past and present. I know Soarin' was covered, and I think EE was on there as well ... ?

I love Modern Marvels in general, so I figured the Disney episode would be great. It lived up to my expectations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter