wdw offering discounted upgrades

dmart82

Earning My Ears
I notice on these boards that some customers have gotten a e-mail offering upgrades at a discounted rate because the valves are booked up. My question is i booked with a travel agent instead of booking direct with wdw, (i have always book direct in the past, so i am not sure my i used a travel agent but i did), would i have a chance at getting this e-mail upgrade too or do you think they are sending them to customers that book direct only? Interested in would your thoughts are on this.

I booked online myself and last week received an offer to upgrade from POFQ to BWI Oct. 16-21 for $33 per night. I imagine if you were to get a similar offer it would be through your TA.

That is what i thought and called my ta and she said she would call . when she called me back she said that it was a special pin code given out to get people to upgrade and that would make more room for people to book the valves. She said just to watch my e-mail in box and maybe i would get lucky. But i thought that they would problably offer this discount to the customers who booked direct instead of one that used a ta. I am still watching my e-mail but so far nothing. I would love a discount to upgrade to animal kingdom, my son has been asking to stay there for 4 to 5 years now, but it has been out of our budget. We will still have a great time at the pop centry, but was just hoping.:wizard:

Are these only being offered to those who paid rack rate? If you booked under a room only discount, I imagine the chances of getting this are practically zero.

I would think its people that didn't use a TA I'm in the same boat as you :(

I've gotten calls in the past from CRO to offer a client these overbooked upgrades, so it does happen! I think it really depends on the dates and the resort and how many rooms they need to change more than how it was booked.

When I called WDW to make a minor change to my reservations (Room Only Feb 29-Mar 3 and MYW Mar 3-9), the CM told me to keep my eyes open for emails offering up discounted upgrades to a MOD resort. She mentioned she had seen quite a few go out already, but could not confirm the dates or pricing....but I do recall she mentioned $12...but I can't be sure if it was $12 each or $12 per day :confused3

DH and I are booked at BWI from 10/23-10/29 with a 40% code we got in the spring. We wanted to fly down on the 22nd, but the discount didn't start until the 23rd, so we booked a 1 night room ony rate rate at POFQ (our favorite).

We got the email to upgrade to Saratoga Springs for $29 a night (although we were only booked for one night). I ended up calling and seeing if we could get YC, since someone else on here said they were given the offer for the same week for YC, and I was able to get it.

We were booked directly with Disney though, not a TA.

I really thought more people would comment on this because i heard that wdw has offered alot of these pin upgrades.

Here's my comment...pick me, Disney! pick me! I'm a loyal visitor who has a value booked for December. C'mon, send me an email! I'm a lovely guest...I won't reuse an old mug, my boys are 12 and 15 and won't disturb other guests by running up and down corridors, I won't cook in my room or bring an inflatable pool, everyone will be appropriately covered in the pool, and I never complain when guests in scooters/wheelchairs are loaded before me!

I've ordered every planning DVD. I have 2 sets of custom maps. I have 5 vacations saved on the Disney site that I tweak every few days.

Here I am, Disney! Send me an email!:)

Kerri

I received an email approx 2 wks ago from Disney Destinations offering me to upgrade from CSR to AKL!! My dates of stay are smack dab in the middle of the free dining offer dates so I figured they were maybe trying to do something for the people who fell outside of the October stay dates for free dining. I tried calling several different times to make the upgrade, the problem was AKL was not available and the only deluxe they had to offer each time I called was Saratoga Springs. I have never stayed at CSR and opted to stay put. Saratoga was not enough of a draw to make me want to switch. The offer was only good through today. Wonder if something else is getting ready to come out??

I so want to upgrade from Pop to a deluxe! When I heard people were getting upgrade PINS with free dining I got excited. I even called WDW the other day just to make sure I hadn't missed an upgrade PIN, but nope :sad2: I guess the first week of Oct is not oversold. I'm just over a month out so it's probably hopeless at this point.

We are going 10/27 TO 11/1 so i was hoping beacuse of hollween it would be is busy time with the Not so scary holloween party. We will have a great time but after 12-15 trips to disney staying on the property and never getting any type of upgrade, I would really love a upgrade pin. I will wait patiently, but my final payment is 9/9/11 and i already paid in finally payment early.

I remember the PIN debacle from years ago during the month of August for those with value resorts/FD. It was nuts here with people calling and lying to say they got the PIN but lost their email, then bragging when they got a supervisor to give them the deal that they were never entitled to. I'll never forget one woman, travelling solo with her dd who never got the offer but managed to get a one-bedroom villa at OKW for 10 nights when she'd only paid for Pop. I guess I don't have that much nerve, lol. I hope some nice Dis'ers get the PIN and get to upgrade this year!---Kathy

We leave on Sept. 16th for a three night second honeymoon! We are staying at POP, but I dream of being upgraded magically to a deluxe or receiving an upgrade email!

Like another post mentioned "pick me", I am truly a dedicated, honest WDW fan from Omaha, NE! :goodvibes

We leave on Sept. 16th for a three night second honeymoon! We are staying at POP, but I dream of being upgraded magically to a deluxe or receiving an upgrade email!

Like another post mentioned "pick me", I am truly a dedicated, honest WDW fan from Omaha, NE! :goodvibes

I am from Omaha, too! We are going for ten days starting Thanksgiving day through December 3. Have a great second honeymoon! :lovestruc

And I have a 6 and 2 year old!!! Weird.

Congrats on your 2nd honeymoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter