• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Marathon Weekend Crowds?

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes So excited! My friend and I are running the WDW Half Marathon. We are going to 2 parks, one on Friday, Jan. 11, and one on Saturday, Jan. 12. Does anyone have tips about which parks are least crowded on those days?

Additional info:
We're staying at BWV, and I had hoped to go to Epcot on Fri. and DHS on Sat. since both are walking distance. I just don't want to end up at the most crowded park, just because it's the closest to our lodging.

Epcot will be more crowded on Saturday since that's where the 1/2 Marathon ends, so your thought to go to DHS on Saturday is good...although after doing the 1/2 Marathon Saturday morning your walking might be a little stiff...;)

I've been to 5 of the last 7 marathon weekends-- even on race day you should be able to go pretty much anywhere you want. The crowds are really manageable.

Have fun!!

We have been three times during the marathon. We have never had a problem with any of the parks being crowded or with transportation. Good Luck!

We were there marathon weekend last Jan. and MK was very crowded in the late afternoon with runners (they all had their medals on). Epcot and DHS were ok. Be aware if anyone else is going with you that they re-route alot of traffic on those days. We were checking into GF and could not get near the hotel to park or unload luggage until late afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter