WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

OKay I stand corrected....he said the balloon ladies past him just after HS on that walking way around where the bridge is towards the Epcot resorts....somewhere on that path they passed him. He was scared they would sweep him since he was so close...but they said not at this point. Not to say he wouldn't have been swept if he went any slower than what he was doing...but I think they meant, at his pace and considering how close he was , he wouldn't be.

I was with the balloon ladies from mile 15 on this year, and we were not safe until we left HS and made it down to the walkway by the water towards beach/yacht/boardwalk area. There were buses sitting and waiting in the parking lot, for the folks still behind us! Once we reached the walkway, the balloon ladies said we were fine as long as we kept moving and I slowed down. I finished about 5 minutes behind the balloon ladies, and there were probably another 10 minutes of people behind me. I did hear some people were still picked up for medical reasons though,using golf carts, but that could happen anywhere, anytime.

Nothing at all personal to the peeps involved, good for you guys but I'm somewhat frustrated I submitted a 2:07 10 mile proof of time, only to potentially be in the same corral as someone who did not submit a time at all. Which potentially, if RunDisney are true to their word, could be one of the last two :sad:
I guess this is the problem with the guessing game. Wishing I'd just waited until corrals were announced.

Why do you think that's likely to happen?

Why do you think that's likely to happen?

PP stated her friend did not submit a time and has a Dopey bib 38000. I'm presuming that will be with me in the 8000's (marathon only)

Another PP didn't submit either and has 9400 ish. Presuming corrals esp the latter ones have 1000+ people in we could be in the same corral or just one apart.

PP stated her friend did not submit a time and has a Dopey bib 38000. I'm presuming that will be with me in the 8000's (marathon only)

Another PP didn't submit either and has 9400 ish. Presuming corrals esp the latter ones have 1000+ people in we could be in the same corral or just one apart.

You're making a lot of assumptions that I don't believe will bear out.

Interesting perspective.... I really love the entertainment piece that Disney offers, but I have not ever spent much time smelling the roses at the Mouse House. I agree that the first marathon is a very special event and one really needs to keep their eyes and ears open and soak in as much as they possibly can. Sadly, every other marathon in a runner's life will be compared to the first marathon. Make the first one a GREAT one!

My first marathon (this past summer) was TERRIBLE. I'm looking forward to every marathon I do from here on out being better than that. :)

No, Disney will not do the research for him. If you don't put in your own time, they will corral you in the back.

I cannot imagine him not putting a time in since its right there. However that may be what happened.

At the end of the day I guess we get the real truth within a week or two...

There's nothing to indicate that a Mickey 8000's number corresponds in any way to a Dopey 38000 or a Goofy 28000. And remember that the corrals for the full will comprise three distinct groups of runners - full only, Dopey, and Goofy. So if two full bib numbers are 1400 apart from one another, we won't know how many corrals apart they are until we add in some subset of Dopey and Goofy runners. So don't stress too much about it. It is what it is, and we'll all know our corral placements soon enough. :goodvibes

My philosophy on corral placement is that I submitted my best time (in this case, my half marathon PR from this October). It's a PR that reflects my abilities as a runner. I do my best not to be concerned with the letter label of my corral (especially now with more corrals and the front ones much smaller than the later ones), and try to be confident that because my proof of time was an accurate reflection of my ability, I will be (mostly) surrounded by people of similar pace and we will be able to run our best race for that course on that day. It's all I can do.

That was a great post! Thank you. You are absolutely right of course and I should def just accept my corral placement, whatever that may be and make the most of my race.

I am wondering when they put down our corrals...I am sure they will soon...

When I had my freak out over my bib number I may have sent a message to the rep at trackshack who I have been corresponding with for my registration in the half.. She then may have sent me back this response on 12/5. :rolleyes1

"Corral assignments will be posted on the www.rundisney.com website within the next week under the Runner Info tab."

I would never bet on this though...

That was a great post! Thank you. You are absolutely right of course and I should def just accept my corral placement, whatever that may be and make the most of my race.

But as an 8000 runner, you are mid-pack. As Sarah said, you are probably just about where you should be within the race. What is hard to visualize is the mixing of three different races and their independent numbering system.

Adding, do not begin to thing a 38000 is equivalent to an 8000 in anyway other than similar digits. 38000 in Dopey is very near the back while 8000 is just behind the 2/3 mark; my assumption.

Through, it is interesting to see that over 8000 dopey folks at in the field. That is higher than previously reported.

We (me included) all need to wait a few days to see what the race fairy brings us on the website.

But as an 8000 runner, you are mid-pack. As Sarah said, you are probably just about where you should be within the race. What is hard to visualize is the mixing of three different races and their independent numbering system.

Adding, do not begin to thing a 38000 is equivalent to an 8000 in anyway other than similar digits. 38000 in Dopey is very near the back while 8000 is just behind the 2/3 mark; my assumption.

Through, it is interesting to see that over 8000 dopey folks at in the field. That is higher than previously reported.

We (me included) all need to wait a few days to see what the race fairy brings us on the website.

Thank you again Coach for your input and help. As we've spoken about before I think this is my race anxiety manifesting as a corral obsession. I'm going to put that aside now and focus on my training and having the best race I can from whatever corral I start from.

Thank you again Coach for your input and help. As we've spoken about before I think this is my race anxiety manifesting as a corral obsession. I'm going to put that aside now and focus on my training and having the best race I can from whatever corral I start from.

At the end of the day you are where you are...and someone has to be in the back. This last January I was in the last coral...its a lot of waiting but at the end of the day I managed. I finished the races injury free.

I don't want to get all nuts about it either but am excited to see if I managed to get myself bumped up a coral or two...otherwise I am in the same place I was last year. I did it then and I will do it again.

well i am slow and know it, i did submit a time for 3:09 1/2 (told ya I was slow) and my dopey bib is around 35800

well i am slow and know it, i did submit a time for 3:09 1/2 (told ya I was slow) and my dopey bib is around 35800

This is interesting. . .doesn't look like a 35000 Dopey equates to a 5000 marathon, either, and this is why. . .dburg has a Dopey bib of 35800 with a submitted half time of 3:09. I have a marathon bib of 7826 with a submitted half time of 2:52. It would stand to reason that dburg and I would be close in the corral placement, but if one believes that the bib numbers match up, then that blows that theory out right there. . .

Oh, and just a question as far as the theories go. . .last year I ran the Princess with a submitted half time of 3:03. I was in corral E for the princess, which was in the middle. This year I have bib number 7826 with a submitted half time of 2:52. Would this have me in a similar spot (about halfway)?

I've said it before. . .I had 2 knee injuries this year--tendonitis on the inside of each of my knees. I can finish the race, but training pace has been 15mm and I just don't want to worry about the sweepers behind me.

It's frustrating, because pre-injury, training runs were coming closer and closer to an 11mm.

This is interesting. . .doesn't look like a 35000 Dopey equates to a 5000 marathon, either, and this is why. . .dburg has a Dopey bib of 35800 with a submitted half time of 3:09. I have a marathon bib of 7826 with a submitted half time of 2:52. It would stand to reason that dburg and I would be close in the corral placement, but if one believes that the bib numbers match up, then that blows that theory out right there. . .

For what it's worth, if we're trying to guess, I have a 32000 number with a 2:13 half.

Ha! That muddies things a little more, doesn't it? I guess we'll just have to be patient and see what runDisney says.

The whole thing is really complicated because, as someone who has never run 4 races in a row before (although I do 4 training runs in a row every week), I am planning on a 3 hour half, not a 2:13 half. So, depending on where Disney has me, I may decide to move back if I think I'm going to be in a corral that will make me go out too fast.

The whole thing is really complicated because, as someone who has never run 4 races in a row before (although I do 4 training runs in a row every week), I am planning on a 3 hour half, not a 2:13 half. So, depending on where Disney has me, I may decide to move back if I think I'm going to be in a corral that will make me go out too fast.

And that's why I'm worried about my placement. I'm thinking I'm best off with this knee injury in corral I or J and moving to the back of that corral at the start. my intentions are to walk the first two miles, as that is how I've trained and stayed relatively injury free in that every other week I can get in a long (15+ mile) run.

ETA: I don't want to be back with walkers, though, because I will start running at some point and don't want to weave too much. 26.2 is far enough without adding additional miles from weaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter