• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW jan 19-26 POFQ

bassoon2

Mouseketeer
Well, just got back from our pretty much yearly Disney trip...and here goes. Warning some comments tend to be contrary to what you see in other messages, but I will call the shots as we saw them.

We stayed at the PO French Quarter..because we did see good reviews. We arrived a few hours late, mainly because some kooky lady was arrested on the outgoing flight. Hmmm, strange. Husband and kids stayed on the plane. No way THEY would miss Mickey because Mom was a bad girl. anywho, we got to the resort and received room 7215 which seemed to be the furthest away from ANYTHING, Yes , a great view of one tree , the parking lot and hampers and some kind of equipment. Saving grace: A corner room...it WAS quiet there. Almost to the point that we were NOT in the resort.And my daughter received 4 towel animals. We rented a car, and yes, this time of year it is the way to go. We did the Pirate Princess party and was able to hit all the rides in a few hours as well as get little necklaces and trinkets. One cast member said-- Arrgh.. get yer booty! Isaid yeah I am SURE *you* want booty(snarky laugh):lmao: He threw his hands up and said HEY this is a family park... I said why are you saying BOOTY? He said okay, here are the family jewels.;) I Laughed and said that is better.
Animal Kingdom: as always Expedition Everest was great as always. Note...ignore everthing and get a Fast Pass RIGHT AWAY.
Did the safari, Saw a Mandrill monkey, driver asked if we could guess his name...I said HOWIE?
HollyWood Studio...Cant get enough of High School Musical 2 show!
Another note this year we decided NOT to do the dining plan, I decided to try some of the items that everyone here was hooting and hollering about:
FIGARO FRIES -- that are NOT all that. I was frankly disappointed.
SCHOOL BREAD -- All that. Yum
CREAM CHEESE PRETZEL-- Another winner...like a bagel.
POFQ PIZZA - oh so average.

You can do Disney without the dining plan. You will not be a reservation slave that is controlled by what time and where you eat. We did Biergarten and Toyko dining though, both were great!

Gripe. The hot tub is NOT a kiddie pool. By them moving the hot tub AWAY from the main pool, they just invite crap like that.

Annette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter