WDW in the "Victorian Times"

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Strange title - I know. :rotfl:

But in the Disneyland Hotel in Paris they have paintings of the hotel and the parks as if they existed in Victorian times with ladies in big dresses and men in suits strolling down Mainstreet through the gardens etc.

I didn't know if any art like this existed in WDW (perhaps in the Floridian?)

This is an example of the Paris artwork.

n821450083_5548473_7291.jpg

That's really cool!! I love historical re-creations like that :goodvibes

Did you take any more pictures of those paintings?

I can't recall seeing anything like that in Disneyworld. It's been a while since I've been to the Floridian but I could imagine that hotel or maybe the Beach/Yacht Club having something similar or in its own style.

I think Disneyland Paris has a great architectural vibe from the past, the two "hallways" on each side of main street near the park opening remind me of turn of the century expedition fairs. (like what they showed in the old Timekeeper attraction). Not surprising the Disneyland hotel has art like that. Cool thread :thumbsup2

Thanks Dreamflight :)

Yes, the arcades down either side of main street are awesome at DLRP. :goodvibes: We also think that the themeing in Discoveryland is A-MA-ZING!

Good call on YC/BC maybe having some victorian style art. I'm sure some nice DIS will know.

Unfortunately I don't have any other photos os the DLH art, I know there are a few paintings being the reception desk, as I talked about them to the CM that checked us out, but I didn;t take photos. :(

I've asked on the DLRP though if anyone has, so will share if they post them.

I've stayed at GF, YC, BC and haven't seen any art similar to what I saw when we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel at DLRP.

Absolutely beautiful thank you for sharing as I venture most of us will never get to see Disneyland Paris. I'm a BIG collector of the Chef Mickey (or Gourmet Mickey) items & was thrilled to get a salt * pepper set from someone many years ago on eBay from DL Paris.

Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding :goodvibes

Absolutely beautiful thank you for sharing as I venture most of us will never get to see Disneyland Paris. I'm a BIG collector of the Chef Mickey (or Gourmet Mickey) items & was thrilled to get a salt * pepper set from someone many years ago on eBay from DL Paris.

Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding :goodvibes
:goodvibes: Thanks so much.

DLRP has a very small selection of kitchen ware compared to WDW, but when I'm heading back again I'll give you a heads up. :)

:goodvibes: Thanks so much.

DLRP has a very small selection of kitchen ware compared to WDW, but when I'm heading back again I'll give you a heads up. :)

I would be absolutely beside myself with joy! :yay::yay: if you saw my kitchen you would understand ! I have cookie jars going back to the 1960's I NEED anything with Mickey or Minnie in a Chef hat :-) Thanks

Ruthie

The beach club has old timey pictures of people a long time ago in the beach club that never was, but they aren't at the magic kingdom, just the hotel. Sort of like the pictures of wilderness lodge in winter time.

Like this, I tried to find a picture, this is from a hidden mickey's page:

bcs_towel_close_up_2607.jpg

dsc01423_7963.jpg

The Boardwalk has a victorian times picture. It was in our club level room and I loved it. It has people in old fashion dress near the carousel with the castle in the background, it is a really cool picture.

Amazing!! Thanks both of you. :)

I will have to hunt online to see if I cna find any big pictures of them. :)

Thanks Dreamflight :)

Yes, the arcades down either side of main street are awesome at DLRP. :goodvibes: We also think that the themeing in Discoveryland is A-MA-ZING!

I love Disney Land Paris. I was there in 2001 and have such great memories. A lot of my enjoyment came from the architecture and the way things were set up in such a unique way. The arcades on the side, the Castle with its little caves, the incredible Discoveryland. There's just something about that park that is really exciting. It's cool how the Disneyland Hotel is connected to it as well. Anytime I see info on DLP, it gets my full attention :)

(Which is probably why I don't post on that board here cause I'd never get anything else done, :lmao: )

And thanks so much for posting that other picture you found too! That's just as cool as the first one! I love Disney theme park concept art and seeing historical concept art is incredible. It's like an entire land (Victorianland...next to Fantasyland :lmao: ) but with the park inside it.

Good call on YC/BC maybe having some victorian style art. I'm sure some nice DIS will know.

Yup!!

The Boardwalk has a victorian times picture. It was in our club level room and I loved it. It has people in old fashion dress near the carousel with the castle in the background, it is a really cool picture.

Oh wow, that's really cool too. I've only been to the Boardwalk a few times (and only outside). That's great they have the picture in the room itself, must be fun to wake up to and get into the spirit :goodvibes

I have one similar to that Boardwalk one, only it's of the Grand Floridian. It was given to me as a gift by someone who worked for WDW, so I imagine they got it at some CM surplus sale after a renovation. It hangs on the wall in our family room, along with the Mary Blair style artwork that used to hang in the CR rooms (which I got as a gift from this same friend).

I have one similar to that Boardwalk one, only it's of the Grand Floridian. It was given to me as a gift by someone who worked for WDW, so I imagine they got it at some CM surplus sale after a renovation. It hangs on the wall in our family room, along with the Mary Blair style artwork that used to hang in the CR rooms (which I got as a gift from this same friend).

Wow, Grand Floridian concept art? That must be amazing :goodvibes

I like this thread too much for it to fade away! Any one have any other cool concept art of the Disney Parks? Past or present themed? Concept art of food?! Would love to see a Victorian version of the Dole Whip :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter