WDW in May

shellby

what goes around comes around
It will be my 35th birthday next year :mad: we were thinking of booking to go to wdw does anyone know whats its like, crowds and weather. :sunny:

We go every year on the first weekend of May. The weather is usually nice. It will also be the International Flower and Garden Festival.

the first 2 weeks in May are a great time to visit. crowds during the week are low. weather is usually upper 80's with a slight chance of rain.

We love the first week in May. It's right after Spring breakers but most all the schools are still in session. Last year, the weather was great - in the mid to high 80's but low humidity!! I'd recommend it! :sunny:

Both of our trips in May were fantastic! It was more crowded by the middle of May, but not nearly as bad as we witnessed this early August trip. it did reain quite a bit both May trips, but only those typical afternoon showers - not even really thunderstorms.

Hi! Both of our May trips were great! The first week of May was much less crowded although there was an unusual heat wave that year and it was mid 90's most days...This year we went the last week of May, including Memorial Weekend, and it was just as wonderful. Yes, the crowds were larger, but still not crazy. We didn't wait more than 10-20 minutes very often for anything as we utilized early arrival and FP. Our resort (POFQ) didn't seem crowded at all and bus wait times were very reasonable. ENJOY!!! :flower:

It was great in may. It only rained once and we were at MGM so there are alot of indoor things there. We walked on to big rides like tower of terror and space mountain .... TWICE!!!!! You wont regret it!!!!! :sunny: :cool1: :sunny:

I wish i could go again next may!!!! :guilty: It was two days after my birthday so i got a certificate at Cinderellas Castle!!! I felt like a princess!!!! princess: ... I WISH!!

We went the second week of May this week, and the weather was really nice! If it got a little too hot, we would go back to the hotel for a swim. We only had one day of rain, but that could happen anytime of the year. The crowds in May are wonderful. We had no wait on several of the major rides!

We were there in May (10-18) and I'd have no problem going back during that time. The weather was perfect except one time, it rained just enough to get everything wet but after that, clear sky.. the crowds were fine, if we had to wait it was for 5 or 10 minutes and that was it. The only bugs I saw were in the Animal Kingdom and I stood in line to see their show... I think if you head for WDW the first 2 or so weeks of May, you'll have a great time.

BUT REMEMBER.. the last week is Memorial Day and the place has some of the highest attendance days during that holiday so make sure you check the dates when you do your planning.. in 2006 Memorial Day is 29th so from the 25th or so until after the holiday, the place is going to be packed.

Good Luck...

We go every May and it is Wonderful.last year were there the 20-27 and it was very busy but it is not the Norm.I think it was because of the Celebration.You will definetly have a great time.We will be going again in May just not sure of the dates yet.

Misty

We went this past May and everything went great. Low crowds, good weather, it was one of those near perfect vacations. Schedule permitting, we will always go in May.

GirlsHappy.jpg

We're tentatively planning May 17-26. Never been in May. I wonder what the impact of Mother's Day will have the week following it? Any experiences? TIA

Thanks so much i think may it is ,we went in june this year and it was so humid, ::MickeyMo

If I could pick any time at all to go it would be May. The crowds are low and the weather is great. :flower:

Any insite into what rides may be closed for Refurb in May? DH and I ahve gone twice in Nov and have missed BTMRR both times for Refurb

Go in the first part of the month if you can. Light crowds, better weather and the start of the Flower & Garden festival. We went last year towards the end of the month and the humidity & heat were really bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter