WDW In Late August

I too work for the public school in my town and we always go to Disney in mid August. The crowds were lighter even with the free dining. It is hot but I love the hot weather. I'm just wondering if August crowds will change now that the Florida kids will be going back to school later than usual - they used to go back early August but now they'll be going back mid August:confused:

I hope the crowds are not too bad either. I don't mind the weather either. What is the difference anyway? Coming from 90 to 98. At that point, it is just hot! DH hates the heat but he knew my schedule when he married me. He says it is his cross to bear. I just hate those nasty thunder storms Florida seems to get every day in the afternoon. When we went in July, it poored every day for a couple of hours in the mid to late afternoon. So we got out early each day and then went back out at night. We missed most of the horrible heat and rain most of the time.

We love going in August. Crowds low so this means less wait in line and room at the hotel pool. Make sure to get your dinner reservations booked. Don't wait until you get there because you will be limited. Although it is hot, you will have plenty of time to take breaks to cool off. Most of the rides cool you down anyway. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and not pop. Enjoy. We love going in August!:woohoo:

Orlando schools start - Monday August 20 First Day of School. So the weekday crowds will be alot thinner after ther 20th.

South Florida residents Disneycatz say: GO! whenever you can. Can't deny it is hot,:cool2: but we have different game plans dpending on when we go & how crowded it is. Even during the worst, busiest time(our spring Easter break) we managed to have fun. If it was a break the bank, only time a family would go in a lifetime trip- we would say don't go.
Best advice: you must be at park before it opens and go directly to the ride you want the most & get fastpass. Then go to next ride and wait if there is aline. Hoipwefully- return to area of 1st fastpass & enjoy something, getting next fastpass as soon as time allows on ticket. Next- either go elswhere there is little wait & retuirn to the fastpass rides at your leisure. Fastpass good anytime until closing- as long as it is after the time noted on the pass.
If you wait too long to get fastpass- they can be unavailable by as early as 11:00 am. At Epcot- the fastpass people managed to get when they arrived at 11:00 was for 6:00 pm that night. Go earlyand have an early lunch orand swim or shp. Go back to parks early evening. Make use of early morning hours. Mostly- have the best fun you can without worrying what it may have been like a different time.:wizard:

We're going Aug 15-24, and since we have been at relatively the same time the last 2 trips, we know what the weather will be like. Hot, muggy, showers every afternoon, basically the same as home here in Mass. Like all the PP 's have said, if you hydrate and take breaks, it's not so bad. We go at this time mainly because we have 2 kids in school, grades 5 and 10, and we know how hard it is to make up work that you miss, especially if your kids are in any extracurricular activities (sports, clubs,etc.). So, we go and make the best of it. The kids don't really care, and I am a "beach bum" at heart, so we deal. Have fun !!:thumbsup2

South Florida residents Disneycatz say: GO! whenever you can. Can't deny it is hot,:cool2: but we have different game plans dpending on when we go & how crowded it is. Even during the worst, busiest time(our spring Easter break) we managed to have fun. If it was a break the bank, only time a family would go in a lifetime trip- we would say don't go.
Best advice: you must be at park before it opens and go directly to the ride you want the most & get fastpass. Then go to next ride and wait if there is aline. Hoipwefully- return to area of 1st fastpass & enjoy something, getting next fastpass as soon as time allows on ticket. Next- either go elswhere there is little wait & retuirn to the fastpass rides at your leisure. Fastpass good anytime until closing- as long as it is after the time noted on the pass.
If you wait too long to get fastpass- they can be unavailable by as early as 11:00 am. At Epcot- the fastpass people managed to get when they arrived at 11:00 was for 6:00 pm that night. Go earlyand have an early lunch orand swim or shp. Go back to parks early evening. Make use of early morning hours. Mostly- have the best fun you can without worrying what it may have been like a different time.:wizard:

Can we do rider switch with Fastpass? We have a 2 year old that cannot go on much and a 4 1/2 year old that can go on a lot. So my question is, if we Fastpass, can we arrive with Fastpass for 2 adults and 1 child, one adult stay with small child, one adult go on ride with older child, then switch and older child goes on again? Please advise. Thank you!!!!!

there is a special fastpass they'll give you so that you can switch. It i 1 pass good for up to ,i think, 3 people.Just ask!!
If you just a couple of alternate plans as a guideline i.e. if priority is fantasyland for the toddlers- go there 1st for fastpass. You never know how it will be-enjoy !!:wizard:

there is a special fastpass they'll give you so that you can switch. It i 1 pass good for up to ,i think, 3 people.Just ask!!
If you just a couple of alternate plans as a guideline i.e. if priority is fantasyland for the toddlers- go there 1st for fastpass. You never know how it will be-enjoy !!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter