WDW hours uuugggg

I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year, and the guide talked about how they determine whether or not to extend the hours in MK. She said that they want the average person to be able to enjoy 10 attractions in one day. Attractions also include shows. Anyway, she said that if larger than normal crowds are predicted, they extend the hours.
This does make sense. I do get it. I think it's just a lot of different levels of planning and when the add or change stuff it just makes it more difficult.

Maybe they should just go 9- 7 all the time. Then there'd be no problems. You'd know what you were getting every day, and you could decide whether or not the park was a value for you or not.

Maybe they should just go 9- 7 all the time. Then there'd be no problems. You'd know what you were getting every day, and you could decide whether or not the park was a value for you or not.
That sounds even worse... And I never insinuated that there was no value in the park. I wouldn't go through so much trouble for something with no value.

I too am a DLR frequent visitor and I feel all your frustrations :) We have not been to WDW for 12 years and we are taking a big trip including grandparents for our DD 21st. Up at 3 AM to make ADR's...twice (since we are doing split stay). This is the fourth trip I have planned to WDW and I loved doing it the other times. This one not so much. It is an incredible amount of money and while I know we will have a wonderful time and I hope all the planning and strategizing will be worth it in the end I think after this trip we may stick with DLR (although they will probably change it all too lol).

As to what whiporee stated:

Maybe they should... I don't think 9 AM to 7PM would be of much value to us at the current price for a day in the park. 9 AM to 9PM or 10PM yes... this is what they do with Epcot and I don't feel the same frustration I do when trying to plan for the Magic Kingdom. Does that make sense? I mean Epcot is pretty much always 9am-9pm (except for a few select dates when super busy). Set a time and stick with it, the trips I took in the dark ages of Walt Disney World (2005, 1999 and 1995) managed to do that months in advance. I think part of our frustration as DLR park goers is that Disneyland has had pretty much set hours for the last 17 years we have gone (we have been AP holders for about 12 of those years) and you know what to expect and what hours they are most likely going to be open in just about every season. But I think a lot of that stems from being more of a local park?? Maybe?

In the end I am sure you will have a great time!!

I too am a DLR frequent visitor and I feel all your frustrations :) We have not been to WDW for 12 years and we are taking a big trip including grandparents for our DD 21st. Up at 3 AM to make ADR's...twice (since we are doing split stay). This is the fourth trip I have planned to WDW and I loved doing it the other times. This one not so much. It is an incredible amount of money and while I know we will have a wonderful time and I hope all the planning and strategizing will be worth it in the end I think after this trip we may stick with DLR (although they will probably change it all too lol).

As to what whiporee stated:

Maybe they should... I don't think 9 AM to 7PM would be of much value to us at the current price for a day in the park. 9 AM to 9PM or 10PM yes... this is what they do with Epcot and I don't feel the same frustration I do when trying to plan for the Magic Kingdom. Does that make sense? I mean Epcot is pretty much always 9am-9pm (except for a few select dates when super busy). Set a time and stick with it, the trips I took in the dark ages of Walt Disney World (2005, 1999 and 1995) managed to do that months in advance. I think part of our frustration as DLR park goers is that Disneyland has had pretty much set hours for the last 17 years we have gone (we have been AP holders for about 12 of those years) and you know what to expect and what hours they are most likely going to be open in just about every season. But I think a lot of that stems from being more of a local park?? Maybe?

In the end I am sure you will have a great time!!
I agree in the end we will have a good time, just planning can be frustrating. That's ok I'll get my more relaxed trip to DL in July so, all is good.

Or 10am-5:00pm. Or maybe 8:00am-2:00am, no?

Every time I see a thread like this I can't help but wonder - what if no one planned anything, if everyone visiting just threw their hands in the air and went plan free (gasp)? Absolutely no advanced ride or dining reservations. No deciding months in advance what park you'll be in which day.

What would the current WDW be like if that happened?

Just something I ponder from time to time.

I quite liked booking dining day of in the parks back in the "olden days" :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter