WDW has a new fan...This is his trip report (Completed!! 2013-05-20)

Great trip report&

Just read the whole TR today. It was great to read about adult first-timers. I took my BF (his first visit, my third in 2010). Your descriptions of EE and Splash were so funny! I can't relate as I am a thrill ride junkie. Your wife's obsession with Disney is precious and I loved seeing the pics of her reactions. Thanks so much.

Read the whole thing thru...today. Hope you plan to finish and also post pics of your scrapbook. Thought I would also let you in a little secret.,,,the cure for fear on Expedition Everest is to jump right back in line and ride it again...If that doesn't work, ride it the third time as fast as you can get back in line...Voila, you'll be cured and ready to ride Tower of Terror and RockNRoll Coaster with Aerosmith.
Looking forward to your next post.

I just read this from start to finish this morning and am so sad that you haven't finished!! Please do. You are a great writer and I love how happy your wife is to be in Disney for the first time!!

Started writing last night guys....keep your eyes peeled!:surfweb:

Just read through your trip report on my morning break at work! Loved it, great trip report! I admit I teared up with your wife's reaction to the disney sign and the video of the surprise!

I loved the expedition everest description :) I had to read it to the girl i share an office with! How funny! I have never riden that and although my son is still trying to convince me to ride on our upcoming trip I think I am going to pass on it .. again!!

Looking forward to the end of the report!

North Carolina is here! Loving the TR. It's getting me excited for our upcoming vacation in June 14-23. Thanks for sharing all the pix and information about your first trip...learned alot on our first trip too and did a TR on it. Not as wonderful as yours though...will have to take some notes and try to "woman-up" to your standards! :rotfl:

I think you and your wife are just great. You seem like my kind of people. Wish you all the best. :flower3:

MAN! Our January trip was just cancelled! The couple we were heading out with just backed out. We could go by ourselves again, but we were looking forward to going with another couple. So bummed.

Looks like we're going to Switzerland in April instead....I'd still take WDW any day.

Too upset to type any more....I'll be back soon.

:furious:

MAN! Our January trip was just cancelled! The couple we were heading out with just backed out. We could go by ourselves again, but we were looking forward to going with another couple. So bummed.

Looks like we're going to Switzerland in April instead....I'd still take WDW any day.

Too upset to type any more....I'll be back soon.

:furious:

Oh no. So sad. I'd still go! I've done that before. Enjoy Switzerland... maybe take some time to get to Disneyland Paris.... it's not THAT far!

Oh no. So sad. I'd still go! I've done that before. Enjoy Switzerland... maybe take some time to get to Disneyland Paris.... it's not THAT far!

Ha, thanks. We would, but we really had our hearts set on a couples trip (selfishly there are A LOT of things I want to do in WDW that Nicole has NO interest in so.....). We've decided that we are heading back to Florida in 2 years (2015 - 10th wedding anniversary/20th year together) come hell or high water. I would imagine that (friends coming or not) we are gonna start saving soon so the next trip will be Moderate or higher.

Thanks for sticking around. popcorn::

.....guess the ticker needs to go.:sad2:

Well, here we go...the final update on the great experience that was my wife's first trip to Walt Disney World.

After braving the rapids of "Splash Mountain" we really needed a few minutes of down time. It was well over 30 degrees that day and the air conditioned comfort of "The Hall of Presidents" was calling our name...Big Time.

I'm so surprised with how much I enjoyed this one....or could it have been the comfortable seats and air conditioning...a little bit of both;)

As I talked about before, we took Disney on Comando style, 8 am to 10pm everyday. This afternoon it got to us and we knew that to truly enjoy our last night in "the world" we had to head back to 'Pop' and re-charge the batteries with a nap/shower combo before supper.

----------FFWD 3 hours----------

Here we go!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last trip into "The Magic Kingdom". As we approached the gates we were both so surprised at how fast this trip came and went. A year ago this trip seemed like it would never become a reality and now, here we were, grasping at every moment, sight and smell.

Of course with a 7 o'clock ressie we were late arriving at the park....but no big deal....you know, we would storm the front gate, beeline for the castle and before we knew it we would be dining in the centre piece of "The Magic Kingdom". ANNNNND the park was BLOCKED. I dont mean "busier than usual busy" no, I mean "the bottom dropped out of the orphanage busy". Line ups on top of line ups....groups everywhere, cast members selling ballons blocking every known short cut. We were in trouble.

On top of that, there was a show taking place in front of the castle and we had to circle the castle and enter from the rear. A solid 20 minutes late, we arrived at the front desk for our reservation. No bigs.

When inside, we lined up for our picture with Cinderella and waited for our names to be called.....FYI, for any future diners at the Castle....don't worry about being a little late...you're in for a wait....trust me.

Once the Green's were summoned to the Royal Banquet Hall we decided that the stairs were for peasants and we were going to ascend the castle in style...Elevator? yes please!

The whole experience was pretty good. The idea of being in, arguably, one of the most famous buildings in the Americas, possibly the world, was worth the cost. That said, aside from where you were, the food and service was the worst that we experienced over the whole of our trip. I would say that the fact that you've pre-paid for the meal and there is no tip on the other end of the meal for the waiter may have had something to do with it. I think it allowed/caused our waiter to work a lot less hard than all the others we had at the beginning and middle of the week. But with that in mind I would recommend it to any first timers heading to "The World".

I would say though, that all that aside, the look on Nicole's face as jiminy cricket's voice (at the beginning of "Wishes") came over the speakers was priceless.

Oh....and getting a picture of us together (with my back turned to Nicole) is easier said than done :rotfl:....

One more try?

As our meal came to an end we started our last long walk out out of the World.

Everything that we had experienced came rushing back and as hard as we tried we couldn't hang on to it any longer and finally had to let it go....at least until next time.

Although it was hard to leave, as we stopped for one last photo, the one that was captured made it clear that this was an experience that neither of us would ever forget...it's not all the time that a dream comes true.

I want to thank every set of eyes that went on this adventure with us. The thought of all of you taking your hard earned free time to read a few words I threw on a page over....how long has it been?....(too long i'm sure) means the world to me. That said it's been awesome sending notes back and forth with all of you over the last couple of years. I can't wait to read about your upcoming/ongoing trips....Looks like 2015 is the next trip to "The World" for us.

Keep your eyes open....A PTR is bound to happen. I'll also be posting pictures of a scrapbook completed after we got back!

GREEN

P.S.

I had to throw this one in.....my princess.:rotfl2:

Hahaha!

Thanks for sharing. I just smile every time I look at a picture of Nicole! She looks like a lot of fun, and I imagine I get looks like those on my face sometimes when I am in Disney. Your friends sure messed up by not going to Disney with you.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! it's such a pleasure reading your trip report! I'm so happy to hear you and your wife had such a great time!

Jennifer

Hahaha!

Thanks for sharing. I just smile every time I look at a picture of Nicole! She looks like a lot of fun, and I imagine I get looks like those on my face sometimes when I am in Disney. Your friends sure messed up by not going to Disney with you.

Ha! Thx, yeah, I think you're right. I was looking forward to so many things on this next trip....I'm sure we'll be back soon enough.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! it's such a pleasure reading your trip report! I'm so happy to hear you and your wife had such a great time!

Jennifer

So glad to hear that you enjoyed it, my pleasure.

Nice TR!!! I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your trip. :thumbsup2

Thank you, We sure did!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip. I'm so happy that you finished your trip report. I've been waiting to see how it ended. So glad you had a great time.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip. I'm so happy that you finished your trip report. I've been waiting to see how it ended. So glad you had a great time.

It was my pleasure...although I lost my way for a while there, it feels so good to finally finish it. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter