WDW has a new fan...This is his trip report (Completed!! 2013-05-20)

I have to say I think it's my fav park as well and epcot a close second. I have been 3 times and still haven't done the drawings yet and for sure you have to get on tower of terror next time your there....fantastic ride

Great trip report and drawing of Goofy! You sold me on the animation academy and will defently do this on our next trip. My DD is quite the good artist but she did not want to waste time on this the last trip we took but I think once the class starts she will love it. At Disney Quest we tried the drawing class and my DD did not want to draw Pluto and instead drew Minnie Mouse the instructor made her erase it and had her start over. She's a good artist but she doesn't like to be told what to draw.

IMO the premium Mickey Bars taste just like the Dixe bars that DQ sells only they are not as fun to eat without the ears. That reminds me I dont know if you tried a Dole Whip or not but they sell them at the half moon in Lock Port.

I found just that my mornings were just the opposite of yours. Every morning I was up and ready to go so fast I shocked even myself. Now the blister on my toe once I got home was actualy bigger then my toe:scared1:

Subbing! I hate surprises, but love to read about others getting them!

What a great husband you are-making your wife's travel dreams come true :thumbsup2

Great trip report and drawing of Goofy! You sold me on the animation academy and will defently do this on our next trip. My DD is quite the good artist but she did not want to waste time on this the last trip we took but I think once the class starts she will love it. At Disney Quest we tried the drawing class and my DD did not want to draw Pluto and instead drew Minnie Mouse the instructor made her erase it and had her start over. She's a good artist but she doesn't like to be told what to draw.

IMO the premium Mickey Bars taste just like the Dixe bars that DQ sells only they are not as fun to eat without the ears. That reminds me I dont know if you tried a Dole Whip or not but they sell them at the half moon in Lock Port.

I found just that my mornings were just the opposite of yours. Every morning I was up and ready to go so fast I shocked even myself. Now the blister on my toe once I got home was actualy bigger then my toe:scared1:

Dole whips were great...If I find myself in Lockport I'll have to give them a shot!

I am really loving your trip report so far. What a wonderful surprise for your wife. :goodvibes

Thanks so much.

Subbing! I hate surprises, but love to read about others getting them!

What a great husband you are-making your wife's travel dreams come true :thumbsup2

The 1 thing that I didn't consider was how good a time I was going to have. We've already started planing a 2013 return with 4 friends and their 2 children....should be good. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Joining in! I can't wait to read more!!!
I loved your wife's reaction and it was/is very nice to see a first timer's reaction to the banner above the highway! It reminded me of my first time seeing the banner and the castle.
Enjoy planning for your next trip!

It seems that work and other things don't seem to understand that I have a trip report to finish....sorry for how long this is taking....

Day 3....We were a bit nervous about today for sure, based on 2 factors; we had heard that Epcot was huge (my wife has MS and long walks aren't her favorite) and we had also heard that Epcot was a little on the boring side....

Our day started at 8:30 am and after all the prerequisites we were in the Epcot bus line outside of Pop Century.

It was a fairly quick ride to the park and there was hardly anybody on the bus....I guess a lot of people had similar questions about Epcot.

We arrived and as soon as you find your self in front of Spaceship Earth it was another moment of disbelief....we had seen this “ball” so many times over our lives and here we were standing at its base. It was quite a sight to see.

First on my list was getting fastpasses for “Soarin’” so Nicole walked over to the Canadian pavilion to see how the rest of the world sees us and I headed for “The Land”. Even at 10:00 am the return time for “Soarin’” was 1:30 pm, so we had a little time to burn. With fastpasses in hand I met Nicole on the park benches over looking the water in front of the gates to “Le Cellier”. We strolled around the Canadian pavilion and soon realized that Canada is mostly mountains and totem poles.....I never knew.

With hunger pains and lunch time drawing near we made our way back to “The Land” for lunch at “Sunshine Seasons”. Today was or first day on the dining plan and we were a little nervous about how this would work. “What do they consider an entree” “What do they consider a drink...a dessert?” but a few minutes later we were well taken care of and beginning to realize that Disney’s portions are a little different than the outside world.

After I inhaled my lunch we still had a little time left before we could head to “Soarin’” so Nicole finished her dessert as I headed over and grabbed fastpasses for “Test Track”. I eventually found Nicole in the madness that was quickly becoming the food court in “The Land” and we took in “The Circle of Life”. Great show/message for the kids...and the majority of us adults.

“Soarin” was up next. I was seriously looking forward to this one as, during my research for this trip, I had never read a single negative review about it.....everyone loves it. I am quickly starting to see why FastPass is so awesome. Why people don’t use it is beyond me. Do people not know what is it? what is does? or what is costs? (nothing). Granted it runs out but MAN is it convenient. We literally passed hundreds of people in the stand by line and were in the queue within 5 minutes. If you haven’t had the oppourtunity to “ride” “Soarin” put it on your list, it’s awesome! You feel as though your hand-gliding over California with the wind in your hair and the smell of the ocean and orange groves all around.

“Finding Nemo” is one of Nicole’s favorite movies and we knew that “The Living Seas” and “Turtle Talk with Crush” were going to be must sees in Epcot. Neither disappointed. Even though more for the kids “Turtle Talk” was one of my favorites. Now I must preface the next sentance with, there is ALOT of Disney World I will never understand, but, How does this attraction work???? Crush is literally interacting with the kids (and everyone else), but its everything, its his facial expressions and his movements...this one was a great time.

On our way to “Test Track” we decided to have a look around “Mouse Gear”. I had heard (due to a thread I had started here) that this was THE souvenir store in Epcot, boy is it ever. This place was huge. If you cant find it there....well, your just not looking hard enough. This place had it all.

We also stopped into the Character Spot and spent a few Minutes with Donald and Goofy (neither of which we had seen yet).

With a few purchases headed to our room (the next day...whatever) we were on our way to “Test Track”. Now to be fair neither Nicole or I are fans of speed so “why go on Test Track?” you ask well....from the beginning we decided that we were going to try things even if we were to chicken...Test Track fell into that category. Although we fastpassed this ride was still spent at least 30 minutes in this line up. Once we got into the final line (if you’ve never been to WDW don’t be fooled by the end of the particular line your in.....OH NO, in the case of Test Track there is a total of 4 lines you stand in before getting in the car) there was a long period of time where nothing was coming or going....obviously a problem. MAN this was a fast one, I’m not gonna ruin it for any one that hasn't had the opportunity to ride it but, once outside it gets a little hairy!

Once Test Track was behind us and my stomach had settled again we decided to take a stroll around the World Showcase. Initially we didnt know if we would try this as it would be a lot of walking for Nicole but she was feeling great and off we went.

We had a great time, but, I don’t know if it was the time of year or time of the day but there was nothing going on in any of the pavilions. Most had a movie that you could watch but for the most part it was just restaurants and gift shops...I’m sure its different during busier times of the year.

We ended our walk in the U.K pavilion where we had a 7:45 pm reservation at The “Rose and Crown Pub”. I had requested and received a balcony seat for “Illuminations” and once seated (there was quite a wait but it was worth it) we settled in to try and decide what was for dinner. We had a great waiter (Kyle from Scotland) who suggested the “Cornish Game Hen” for me and man was he on point with that one! As Nicole enjoyed her fish and chips I sat down for, probably, the best meal I had during my entire stay in WDW. If someone can think of a better view in WDW than eating dessert on the “Rose and Crown” balcony while “Illuminations” takes place right in front of you I’d be interested in knowing about it. As far as the “Cornish Game Hen” If you eat here order this....coupled with the sticky toffee pudding for dessert this is a home run of a meal!

As our meal came to an end the park was almost empty and it was time for us to make our way back to the bus for Pop.

This park is BIG...plan it out and take your time. Not as scary or boring as we had heard but probably a half day park when we return next year. Another great day in the books in WDW. Tomorrow is our first full day in the Magic Kingdom and to say Nicole is looking forward to it would be an understatement.

Really loving your report! So glad that you both had such a great time. The best memories are made when you and the person you are with can both embrace your inner child and appreciate the magic!
Thanks for the great reporting!!

Really loving your report! So glad that you both had such a great time. The best memories are made when you and the person you are with can both embrace your inner child and appreciate the magic!
Thanks for the great reporting!!

Thanks for taking the time to read and enjoy my report. It is so true what you said, we both soaked up every minute there and can't wait until we return next year.

Sounded like you had a better time at EPCOT they you were expecting. It's funny how you can walk all around DW and not get nearly as tired if you were walking that much anywhere else.

I think I tried on that same sombrero and posed for a picture in it during our trip. Makes one wonder how many people tried on that sombrero.

It also looks like you had some great weather during your day at EPCOT. We went in August and it rained most of the afternoon and evening we were there. Thankfully it did let up just in time for illuminations.

What a wonderful surprise for your wife!! I am enjoying your trip report very much and look forward to reading along!

Sounded like you had a better time at EPCOT they you were expecting. It's funny how you can walk all around DW and not get nearly as tired if you were walking that much anywhere else.

I think I tried on that same sombrero and posed for a picture in it during our trip. Makes one wonder how many people tried on that sombrero.

It also looks like you had some great weather during your day at EPCOT. We went in August and it rained most of the afternoon and evening we were there. Thankfully it did let up just in time for illuminations.

Man....I never thought about the sombrero thing, good question:laughing:

What a wonderful surprise for your wife!! I am enjoying your trip report very much and look forward to reading along!

Count me in!!! The video is great!

Following along :)

Thanks alot guys...

Loving your report so far! You and Nicole are such a great couple!!

Thanks so much.

good to hear you 2 had a good time at epcot.Hope you didn't have to wait to long for the bus, I know last time we were there we had to wait for 3 buses b4 we even got on the bus. Other then that I love the park.

I'm in! LOVED the surprise video!!!

My mom is joining us for our next trip Feb 2013. She's 58 years old and it will be her first trip. I seriously can't wait

I'm in! LOVED the surprise video!!!

My mom is joining us for our next trip Feb 2013. She's 58 years old and it will be her first trip. I seriously can't wait

Awesome! Just started reading your thread for Feb. 2013..... We're not going back until Nov. of next year and it's killing me. Can't wait to start planning again.

I know I have it bad because as soon as we returned from our trip in January I started reading the 2012 Unoffical guide cover to cover....there's no hope for me.:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter