WDW gate admission covers...

firemouse

Earning My Ears
Once you get in the gate at WDW...what are you able to do without paying? or does everything cost past the gate admission?

I beleive that almost all the shows and rides are included. Food and drink are additional fees.

EVERYTHING...shows, rides and all entertainment are included!! Obviously, you have to pay for food, drinks and shopping.

When we went in 2001 the only things we paid for besides food, drink, and shopping was in Animal Kingdom we had to pay for face painting and they had a couple other booths in that area that you paid for, I can't remember what they were. I don't know if that's changed or not.

I heard that starting this Fall they are going to charge you for air....something like 50 cents every time you inhale.

Originally posted by wdwoldtimer
I heard that starting this Fall they are going to charge you for air....something like 50 cents every time you inhale.

Feels like it! I heard it was a dollar!

OH NO! I didnt figure that into my budget. Can I bring my own canned air? Will they allow me to bring that into the park?

:hyper:

I'm willing to sell some partially used air - cheap :)

Oops, sorry, I can't post offers to sell things, can I?

Hah--you guys are funny!

I live in Florida--so I'm willing to time share my air--but you can only use it when I've vacated the state AND you have to use your DVC points ;)

OK--

Arcades in Tomorrowland cost $$$ (but in Future world at EPCOT and past the gift shop inside Mission Space Exit area and Test track exit area, they have some free gaming areas--most though are group games and you'll have to wait in a line if it is busy). The mini-boats (do they still work?) and shooting arcade in MK cost $$$.

You have to pay to ride the Skyway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland too (the return trip is free),

Seriously.... there are some carnival type games in the Dinosaur area of AK that are "pay to play". It really ate into our budget on our first trip... be prepared................P

You do have to pay for the tours, but those have to be booked in advance (I think), and they probably charge your cc when you book.

You have to pay to ride the Skyway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland too (the return trip is free),

I hope this was a joke, but I didn't see a :-). There is no more skyway at WDW. Been gone for several years now. And even when it was there, it didn't cost extra.

Originally posted by elfbo
OH NO! I didnt figure that into my budget. Can I bring my own canned air? Will they allow me to bring that into the park?

:hyper:

I'd definitely bring my own...the air in the refillable containers Disney sells is very...

...muggy :teeth:

By inside the gate of WDW do you mean just the resort property or did you actually mean inside the Magic Kigdom or one of the parks?

Sorry, Disney doesn't let you bring your own air into the parks anymore. Apparently some lower quality Universal Studios air was being brought in...overall park cleanliness suffered and pixie dust stopped floating correctly. This is the main reason they introduced the security checks at the gates - to prevent unapproved air from being brought in.

OKW Lover, are you sure the Skyway is gone?!? I just rode it a couple weeks ago.

Wouldn't it be a pity if Disney started to charge for toilets like a number of European stores and train stations. Then my budget would really be in trouble, and pity all the pregnant moms!

wdwoldtimer-I think you must be confusing the Skyway with something else. It's been closed for years and years....

If you're joking I just don't get it....explain?

Originally posted by WDWAurora
wdwoldtimer-I think you must be confusing the Skyway with something else. It's been closed for years and years....

If you're joking I just don't get it....explain?

He was joking...and it was funny. :)

Kind of like how the Tobin bridge in Boston (or most major toll bridges in large cities) charge you to get in the city, but not to leave.

N.E.D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter