WDW food compared to DLR food

I am curious about the "more selection" feeling at DLR. With Epcot's WS, I've generally felt that WDW has a wider selection of foods than DLR. Don't get me wrong, I like some of DLR's CS options, but I would have said WDW has a wider selection (variety), but DLR has more consistency in terms of quality.

As far as the CS options at MK,HS and AK their food options are pretty much the same just different backgrounds. Where as at DL you can get deli sandwiches, New Orleons food and the hot meals at Flos.

We are not huge EPCOT fans and as much as my DS and I do not care for the Ethnic foods at World Showcase we would like more than the 1 style of pizza that they serve at all of WDW, or the same chicken nuggets and the same hamburgers.

At WDW it'd be hard to beat Be Our Guest for CS. Plus Flame Tree, Tamu Tamu, Boardwalk Bakery, Columbia Harbor House, Sleepy Hollow, France and Morooco all have a great variety of quality CS. I agree with whoever said I've never even had a burger at WDW, plenty of other interesting things.

We have gone to weddings at Disneyland and Disney world in the past year - the food at Disney World was just awful. The quality at Disneyland was much better. The only thing we liked at Disney World were the breakfasts which are much harder to mess up!

What other QS places did you try at DL? Just got back, and was very impressed (as i the past I've felt that DL food wasn't the best).

Here's where we ate on our most recent trip:

Carnation Cafe (TS) for a vegan burger....I was told it was good.
The Plaza Inn (still can't tell why this isn't considered QS): broasted chicken- heard a lot of good stuff about this chicken, but was extremely let down. That being said, it was still good and better than fast food.
Blue Bayou (TS): lunchtime for a monte cristo....it was awesome. GF got the portobello maque choix thing and she really liked it. We also got mint juleps which were deliciously refreshing.
Royal Street Veranda (QS): clam chowder sourdough bowl and veggie gumbo bowl. very good and better than fast food quality
River Belle Terrace (QS): This was a huge surprise, the food was really good and the toppings bar was very expansive (turkey dinner and black bean cake dinner)
Carthay Circle: food was incredible, but the service was absolutely abysmal
Cozy Cone (QS): for chili cone carne...fast food but you knew what you were getting. it was good
Corn dogs stand : the hot link corn dog was great, better than weinershnitzel for sure.
paradise grill has great QS options

im really sorry i didnt know this would get so long and out of hand...

when we went to WDW our QS stops were also good. Again I have to ask what places you ate at.

What other QS places did you try at DL? Just got back, and was very impressed (as i the past I've felt that DL food wasn't the best).

Here's where we ate on our most recent trip:

Carnation Cafe (TS) for a vegan burger....I was told it was good.
The Plaza Inn (still can't tell why this isn't considered QS): broasted chicken- heard a lot of good stuff about this chicken, but was extremely let down. That being said, it was still good and better than fast food.
Blue Bayou (TS): lunchtime for a monte cristo....it was awesome. GF got the portobello maque choix thing and she really liked it. We also got mint juleps which were deliciously refreshing.
Royal Street Veranda (QS): clam chowder sourdough bowl and veggie gumbo bowl. very good and better than fast food quality
River Belle Terrace (QS): This was a huge surprise, the food was really good and the toppings bar was very expansive (turkey dinner and black bean cake dinner)
Carthay Circle: food was incredible, but the service was absolutely abysmal
Cozy Cone (QS): for chili cone carne...fast food but you knew what you were getting. it was good
Corn dogs stand : the hot link corn dog was great, better than weinershnitzel for sure.
paradise grill has great QS options

im really sorry i didnt know this would get so long and out of hand...

when we went to WDW our QS stops were also good. Again I have to ask what places you ate at.

We also went to Blue Bayou and really enjoyed the meal. I had a monte cristo and the kids split an adult meal steak. They were able to get it cooked medium rare and everyone was happy with their food.

Also, tried Plaza Inn and our thoughts were about the same as yours. It was much better than fast food but the fried chicken had kind of a processed, probably frozen quality to it.

We ate at Flo's V8 and the pasta salad was pretty good but the rest was cheap frozen dinner quality. Also tried Cafe Orleans. The garlic french fries were good, but the gumbo was disgusting. It had a thick, lumpy kind of base to it and definitely had come straight out of a can.

Also tried the Paradise Grill kabobs. I thought they were reasonably ok, but the kids hated them because the meat was so overcooked. They don't give you an option of how you want the beef cooked, so these are probably pre-made and just heated up there.

The last thing I remember having were the corn dogs in the Pier area. I had the hot link corn dog and it was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter