• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Dolphin hotel

thestevied

DIS Veteran
Hi people, I am new to this forum but love the website and am a huge Disney fan! Anyway, I am from England and I am going to the Dolphin Hotel in WDW with my gf in September, just wondered if anyone here has been there before, if they can tell me what the hotel is like, what the hotels restaurants are like, how long it takes to get to the parks without a car, and any other tips any of you may have, etc etc!! I know its a lot, but i'm really excited, and just want to gather as much info as I can before I travel. Thanks all.

If you look at the very top of this page, click on the blue rectangle that says "Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin" --it's their home webpage. You'll find lots of info. If you still need more, please post here. We're happy to help.:goodvibes

thanks thats great. A personal opinion on the restaurants of the dolphin and the sawn would be nice....

Todd English BlueZoo-is a snazzy little place. Very Hip! Somewhat expensive if you get the fried lobster dish. Great martinis.

the fountain restaurant is great for salads and sandwiches and ice cream treats! we ate at picabus every a.m. its nice for a grab and go type meal.

also you can take the boat to epcot (check out england to have some fish and chips:goodvibes) and to dhs or you can walk which is what we usually do.

the beds are great!

the staff is very very good, very friendly and helpful with any questions you might have.

there are 3 different sets of elevators (lifts) in the resort be sure to use the correct one to get to your room.

you will have a good time :)

thanks kapoof thats great. Can you tell me how easy it is to get to MK and AK? Without a car...

just take the bus to both parks...the staff will show you where the bus stop is. the mk is about 20 minutes away, the ak bus is about 15 minutes away, more or less. both can and probably will share with other resorts which can add to travel time. so get up early :goodvibes

check out the boardwalk area which the dolphin is on for great places to eat too! stop in and see the boardwalk resort itself, it is very pretty! fantisa gardens minuture golf is within walking distance if you like to golf. :thumbsup2

feel free to pm me if you need anymore info about the dolphin or the parks...

hey!

i know this feeling of excitiment you talk about lol!

my gf and i are off to disney and staying in the dolphin or 16 nights from 20th of june.. 3 days YAYE.

i will be able to answer some of your questions when i get back!

here is the plan we have set for our holiday.. as you can see its packed so hope we can do it all and enjoy it.. if we dont do it all we are just going to make suer we enjoy it....

Morning Lunchtime Evening
20th june Travel Travel Epcot
21st june Epcot Epcot Epcot
22nd june Holywood studios Holywood studios Holywood studios
23rd june Magic kingdom Magic Kingdom Wildnerss lodge
24th june Animal kingdom Animal kingdom Animal Kingdom
25th june Universal Universal Uiniversal
26th june Island of adventure Island of adventure Island of adventure
27th june Epcot Epcot Magic Kingdom
28th june Busch Gardens Busch Gardens Busch Gardens
29th june discovery cove Discovery cove Epcot
30th june Sea world sea world Sea world
1st July Typhoon lagoon typhoon lagoon Holywood studios
2nd July Magic kingdom Magic Kingdom Magic Kingdom
3rd July blizzard Beach Blizard Beach Epcot
4th July open day open day open day
5th July Magic kingdom hotel / shopping Epcot
6th July Shopping / pool / free Shopping / pool / free flight home
7th July

sorry it not formatted right... copy and paste job but im sure u get the picture...

also click my name and view my other posts.. plenty ive asked about dolphin and disney as its our first time as well!

We have stayed at pretty much all of the resorts at one time or another (except YC, PO & BC, I think) and the Dolphin is one of our favorites.
The restaurants, (Blue Zoo, Shula's, Fountain) are great.
Location is the best for Epc & DHS.
You may use all Disney transportation and EMH.
For the money, it's the best deal available IMO.:thumbsup2

Have a great trip!:cool1:

Don't forget time to go to the Boardwalk. The boat can drop you off or you can walk. We ate at Spoodles and The Brewery and both were good. We also took the boat to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club to get icecream. The boardwalk is nice and lit up at night. It will be worth spending an evening there before you go to Epcot.

You are going to love the resort. Many restaurant options right there.
Great bus system for getting to MK and AK. You can walk or take a boat to MGM and EPCOT. These are true deluxe resorts, much nicer than any disney resort, yet on disney property. No car is needed for sure.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter