WDW -Disability Access Service (DAS) - ARCHIVED THREAD; no longer vslid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on another site that you can now get 3 DAS return times at once? Is this true? I am hoping that it is!

No, it sounds like that blogger is confusing FP+ with "return times." That blogger consistently posts misleading and incorrect information. Stick with Sue's information; it has always been correct.

I decided to delete my post since the poster on FB is only one person and can not confirm that Disney has changed any of their DAS policies yet.

The blogger was reporting live from the MK and is a local with an AP....she has been reliable in the past. I still hope it is true because it would mean a world of difference for us. And she did indeed say DAS not FP+. And yes, I too will wait for confirmation from Sue who is always reliable.

No. I believe this is being confused with FP+ where you get 3 return times for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That would actually make a lot of sense. Particularly since FP+ recently started for all guests at MK.

No, it sounds like that blogger is confusing FP+ with "return times." That blogger consistently posts misleading and incorrect information. Stick with Sue's information; it has always been correct.

I think it's very likely that the blogger is confused.
We have posters here who are Guest Relations CMs.

In the past couple of weeks, Fastpass Plus was extended at MK to non-resort guests and guests using APs. Since the blogger is local, my guess is that she is not aware of all the ins and outs of Fastpass Plus and assumed when it was explained to her that it was connected with DAS.

I don't know. I was at DHS yesterday. DS had an unused das return time when I went for a return time for TSM. There, they had 1 cm designated to write the return time with a certain color ink. She made sure I knew that she had to cross out the above return time, which I knew she was going to do. So as of yesterday, we could only hold 1 return time.

Perhaps instead of DAS, she was referring to a different type of accommodation? These are a separate type of accommodation that is signed for separately and given to some in addition to a DAS.

Her reliability and factual information is your opinion.

I followed recommendations from posters on these boards to read her blog and FB page for local updates about the DAS when Disney first made the change in October. Maybe I just assumed she was reliable. Makes me sad that she may not be.

If your husband does not do well in crowds and gets overheated I would suggest that you choose a different time of year to visit if at all possible. A DAS won't help (if he were able to get one) with the crowds in the park that time of year or with the extreme heat and humidity.

I have similar PTSD related to a shooting incident, and I haven't tried the DAS, but the most crowded parts of Disney World aren't the lines for rides-- it's the lines and crowds for Rope Drop, before and after fireworks, waiting for buses or the monorail, etc.

I have similar PTSD related to a shooting incident, and I haven't tried the DAS, but the most crowded parts of Disney World aren't the lines for rides-- it's the lines and crowds for Rope Drop, before and after fireworks, waiting for buses or the monorail, etc.

I agree. FWIW

FYI, everyone that was discussing the blogger and the information she posted today can just erase that information from their memory. You can only have ONE wait time as usual on the DAS.

She was wrong and posted that she was wrong on her FB page. So we can just forget it ever was posted.

I followed recommendations from posters on these boards to read her blog and FB page for local updates about the DAS when Disney first made the change in October. Maybe I just assumed she was reliable. Makes me sad that she may not be.

Here is the thing. No one can truly be a Disney "expert". The way things change and different CM's permit different things and others don't, each CM seems to have different understandings of things. We all know if you call 10 times and ask the same question we will often get 10 varying answers.

Being able to go over and report on an experience is one thing... however I think each experience and interaction with a CM is unique.

For example: I was told by and EPCOT GR CM that the DAS is ONLY 100% ONLY for autistic children. I know that isn't true. I was in there trying to find out how to handle a FP+ for us with a friend of my daughters with an AP and no access to FP+ and he was mumbling about the DAS and I mentioned I had had the old GAC pass before... just general conversation and he said that.

He also gave me a bunch of other bad information before I just left dumbfounded. We found a FP+ CM who gladly did exactly what he told us was IMPOSSIBLE. I'm that isn't the experience everyone would have and I would hardly call it "reliable". KWIM?

I feel for the woman. She seems disheartened by the whole situation.

Here is the thing. No one can truly be a Disney "expert". The way things change and different CM's permit different things and others don't, each CM seems to have different understandings of things. We all know if you call 10 times and ask the same question we will often get 10 varying answers.

Being able to go over and report on an experience is one thing... however I think each experience and interaction with a CM is unique.

For example: I was told by and EPCOT GR CM that the DAS is ONLY 100% ONLY for autistic children. I know that isn't true. I was in there trying to find out how to handle a FP+ for us with a friend of my daughters with an AP and no access to FP+ and he was mumbling about the DAS and I mentioned I had had the old GAC pass before... just general conversation and he said that.

He also gave me a bunch of other bad information before I just left dumbfounded. We found a FP+ CM who gladly did exactly what he told us was IMPOSSIBLE. I'm that isn't the experience everyone would have and I would hardly call it "reliable". KWIM?

I feel for the woman. She seems disheartened by the whole situation.

Inconsistencies have been our experience too. Even within the same park, same days, different days, different parks. I just roll with the punches and changes. But for ds its a different story. He needs his life filled with consistencies and prefers set rules.

So when we go to GS, we hand him games to play so that he is preoccupied with that and doesn't pay much attention to what's happening there. Only one of us goes to the FP+ kiosk to pick the attractions. Only one of us goes for a DAS time. I then write out the schedule and he knows what to expect and is good to go!

For our weekend trip, he and I sat down at the computer to do the FP+ selections. He got his 3 top choices for each day. He was thrilled. With GAC he had full control over his ride choices and times. And this gave him some of that control back that has been missing since DAS started.

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but it is hard to keep up with all the threads. Does anyone have any experience with getting new DAS after previously having one issued? Do you still have to go through everything again as to your needs or can you tell them that nothing has changed? I assume I am in the "system" now and won't need a new photo?

Thanks!

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but it is hard to keep up with all the threads. Does anyone have any experience with getting new DAS after previously having one issued? Do you still have to go through everything again as to your needs or can you tell them that nothing has changed? I assume I am in the "system" now and won't need a new photo?

Thanks!

The last time YDD had hers renewed they just scanned the code on the card but they did take a new picture.

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but it is hard to keep up with all the threads. Does anyone have any experience with getting new DAS after previously having one issued? Do you still have to go through everything again as to your needs or can you tell them that nothing has changed? I assume I am in the "system" now and won't need a new photo? Thanks!
The last time YDD had hers renewed they just scanned the code on the card but they did take a new picture.
I was told to just being the previously issued DAS, have it scanned and a new picture taken and we would be good to go. For some reason a new picture is needed for each new DAS. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter