WDW -Disability Access Service (DAS) - ARCHIVED THREAD; no longer vslid

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got ours this morning at HS. The outside GS didn't have a single person on line. We got there at 9:30 and we were their first DAS of the day been we used it at TSMM all the CMs ran over to see it by hey had not seen it in person just images at training.

We're doing okay with it so far

So do we know when you return during your time frame how they have you enter the attraction? Guessing the FP entrance so you may have to wait that time in line too.

So do we know when you return during your time frame how they have you enter the attraction? Guessing the FP entrance so you may have to wait that time in line too.

Wondering this too and what about attractions that don't have FP.

He's also reporting that the new card will allow a party of 10. I think he said that if your party is larger than 6 everyone needs to be present when the card is issued.

Also, the return times (who knows if this is the same in all parks or if it will change) at MK are being given at the rides instead of kiosks. I hope this remains the case so that we don't have to criss cross to a kiosk. It just seems easier in our case to find a seat and stay near the ride if it's a relatively short wait.
WDW return times are the attraction.
Post one of this thread was updated last night about 10:30 pm

Parties larger than 6 were allowed under the GAC, but there needed to be good reason for it - anything over 6 is an exception

We got ours this morning at HS. The outside GS didn't have a single person on line. We got there at 9:30 and we were their first DAS of the day been we used it at TSMM all the CMs ran over to see it by hey had not seen it in person just images at training.

How did they take the picture? Through the glass, or did someone come out with a camera, or did you have to have it taken inside?

Thanks.

Seems more likely that they would say the cards are only needed for those with invisible disabilities "such as" autism
This is what concerns me. CM making blanket statements like that when they see my wheelchair when there are invisible disabilities as well. See wheelchair , don't need accommodation.

How did they take the picture? Through the glass, or did someone come out with a camera, or did you have to have it taken inside?

Thanks.

Where in ratlenhum's quote does it say anything about a picture?

Talking Hands said:
This is what concerns me. CM making blanket statements like that when they see my wheelchair when there are invisible disabilities as well. See wheelchair , don't need accommodation.

Which is probably exactly why my dd did not get one. She was on an ecv but that is not the only issue. We are not getting much accomplished at Epcot this afternoon. She isn't having such a good day .

The issue I can see with the person is that the needs she told them were all able to be met with a wheelchair/ ECV.
There are many people whose needs are met with just that - it's up to the guest to explain their other needs if they have ones not met by having the wheelchair.
Do you know if kiosks will come later or if getting return times will remain at the attraction?
WDW already had greeters at each attraction, DL did not so DL needed to come up with something else.
WDW may switch to something alternative once Fastpass + is all rolled out.

Just came back from Hollywood Studios. Here are some quick notes about the new system. We got the card for our son who has a non-visable disability.

- No line at guest relations. We were there at 8:35am.

- Total time to get new card was about 12 min.

- We were told to come back to guest relations if we found that the new system did not make for an enjoyable day. They would see about accommodating us differently. We did not go back.

- We were asked if our son has Autism. We were never asked about specific diagnosis in the past.

- We were not allowed to get return time for Disney Jr LIVE.

- Takes 1 - 2 min to get a return time because of how long it takes to fill out.

- You can only get a return time for lines over a 10 min wait.

SueM This problem was happening with GAC and I am sure it will continue happening with DAS. People don't take time to actually listen. They hear what they want to or expect to hear. I am not hopeful.

I've been following the posts but one thing I'm not seeing....how is stroller as wheelchair being handled?

My DS is NT and in the past we always just used FP for our family as needed...didn't even know about FOTL access and never needed it. Will our old sticker on the stroller still be ok? Or will we have to get the DAS card? Due to muscle tone, muscle weakness, core and ligament issues standing and stamina are problematic for him. I need to be able to push him through The Land and have him sit during pre-shows, per his PT.

Does anyone know what the changes might mean for us? Are they still doing the red stickers?

Thanks.

The photo is taken using an iPad, and there is someone outside the window location to do so, In the lobby they can come in front of the counter or simply take it from behind it.

I've been following the posts but one thing I'm not seeing....how is stroller as wheelchair being handled?

My DS is NT and in the past we always just used FP for our family as needed...didn't even know about FOTL access and never needed it. Will our old sticker on the stroller still be ok? Or will we have to get the DAS card? Due to muscle tone, muscle weakness, core and ligament issues standing and stamina are problematic for him. I need to be able to push him through The Land and have him sit during pre-shows, per his PT.

Does anyone know what the changes might mean for us? Are they still doing the red stickers?

There are still the red "luggage tag" type stickers. You do not need a DAS card to utilize stroller as a wheelchair and can enter through the normal queue.

The photo is taken using an iPad, and there is someone outside the window location to do so, In the lobby they can come in front of the counter or simply take it from behind it.

I see. So either Guest Relations (meaning inside or outside the park) will work.

Thanks so much. I'm trying to write a "social story" for my son and now I know how to start it.

MK in WDW doesn't have handicapped viewing areas for the fireworks. They do have a AAA viewing area, a Fastpass + viewing area on some nights and a Dessert option where you can pay to have a dessert buffet in an area with fireworks viewing

Just came back from Hollywood Studios. Here are some quick notes about the new system. We got the card for our son who has a non-visable disability.

- No line at guest relations. We were there at 8:35am.

- Total time to get new card was about 12 min.

- We were told to come back to guest relations if we found that the new system did not make for an enjoyable day. They would see about accommodating us differently. We did not go back.

- We were asked if our son has Autism. We were never asked about specific diagnosis in the past.

- We were not allowed to get return time for Disney Jr LIVE.

- Takes 1 - 2 min to get a return time because of how long it takes to fill out.

- You can only get a return time for lines over a 10 min wait.

Isn't it against the law to ask for a diagnosis?

What happens when the 19 lines are filled up? I am going down in a few weeks for 6 days, assuming 4 rides a day we would be filled up in day 5..... does this mean we have to go and get picture taken again and get issued a new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter