WDW dining...in your oppinion what restaurant serves the best breakfast?

My favorite breakfast at WDW isn't really about the restaurant but the setting. I like to go to the Boardwalk area early in the morning before Epcot opens and the crowds get really big. I get a coffee at the Swan or Dolphin so I have real coffee and not swill and grab a bagel and some fruit from the bakery and just enjoy the quite and scenery.

My wife and I ate their on a getaway day on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. The eggs were just ok, but everything else was spectacular. I loved the biscuits and gravy. The bacon was cooked to perfection and I am obsessed with their potatoes. You should have a great breakfast. Enjoy

My wife and I ate their on a getaway day on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. The eggs were just ok, but everything else was spectacular. I loved the biscuits and gravy. The bacon was cooked to perfection and I am obsessed with their potatoes. You should have a great breakfast. Enjoy

Neither of us really eat eggs anyway! I love the idea of breakfast potatoes! Also I have never had a mickey waffle, so I am very excited about that! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice both posters! :thumbsup2

I have two favorites :goodvibes

First I love to do Crystal Palace with the earliest reservation possible - walking down Main Street before the park officially opens is priceless. The food is also very good - not a fan of Pooh and the gang though

Second, I really enjoy Tusker House. The character interaction is great and the food is very delicious too. If you get an early ADR - you can get to the Safari entrance quickly when the park opens. Tusker House is practically at the entrance

I've been to Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys and Ohana for breakfast. I likes Crystal palace the bese. I did love the the bread at Ohana though.

I have two favorites :goodvibes

First I love to do Crystal Palace with the earliest reservation possible - walking down Main Street before the park officially opens is priceless. The food is also very good - not a fan of Pooh and the gang though

Second, I really enjoy Tusker House. The character interaction is great and the food is very delicious too. If you get an early ADR - you can get to the Safari entrance quickly when the park opens. Tusker House is practically at the entrance

I agree with both this - I love both Crystal Palace - I think Pooh and the gang are okay though and Tusker House was great and I can't recommend it enough.

Boma is the Best!! I think my wife and I have eaten there 7 times in our last three trips for breakfast. This last time we weren't even staying at AKL and found our way over there twice. Everything is so fresh, the sausages are fantastic as are the potatos. We also enjoy a second trip up for the pastries, we always skip lunch on Boma days to cause we are so full. Plus they gave this awesome Breakfast Dessert on our Honeymoon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewall2k/3090366020/in/set-72157610867596018/

Boma
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace

The above are our favorites. We used to love Boatwright's as well but they stopped serving breakfast. Just another brilliant decision made by WDW management....

I'd go with Boma as well. The place is amazing for either breakfast or dinner...I just wish they were open for lunch!

My favorites are Cape May Cafe, Fresh at the Dolphin and Boma. In that order.

My teenagers LOVE Tusker House in Animal Kingdom!!! They enjoy the variety of foods. We like to have the first ressie of the day....that way we get in the park before anyone. We eat and TAKE OFF for the rides. :banana: Its fun when the park is almost empty. The characters are also cool!

Crystal Palace is our second favorite. We like the Mickey waffles and the interaction with Tigger and friends!!! :thumbsup2 My son is a big ole' football player and he still loves the characters! :goodvibes

I love breakfast at O'hana. Every trip we a have a girls morning out and we always start by having breakfast at O'hana. It's just the normal american fare but the bread and pastries are yummy. And I love the fruit juice they serve. The atmospere is great and I love getting to spend sometime with Stitch. No matter what you choose I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

The Kona Cafe - pineapple macadamia pancakes. Oh my.

There are a couple of not-so-obvious reasons to like Boma and Kona Cafe.

The juice.
The coffee.

Both have specialty juice drinks that I love. Boma has "Frunch", and Kona has "Lilikoi". Both have tropical fruit juices blended together, so it's a nice departure from typical juice you get anywhere.

Both places have press pot coffeemakers, so you're not getting the infamous "Nescrapé" coffee. I didn't come up with that. It's one of those terms that the people on the Restaurant board came up with. :laughing: With the press pots, you're getting "real" coffee. Good stuff.

All things considered most of the other breakfasts at WDW are pretty much your standard fare. You'll find eggs, maybe a frittata omelet, the breakfast meats, sausage gravy w/biscuits, fresh fruit, lox and bagels, pancakes and Mickey waffles, and specialty breakfast pastries. Oh, and the cereal and oatmeal areas, too. Every place seems to have something else that stands out, like a breakfast bread pudding or something wacky like that.

My recent favorite "outside the box" breakfast item I had in October was a roasted tomato with a lightly sprinkled melted parmesan on it. That was at Captain's Grill (formerly Yacht Club Galley).

My advice with Fresh and other places that make made-to-order dishes like omelets: Try to gauge the ebb and flow of the line for the omelets. It seems that there are slower times to get your order in, and other times when it's mobbed. Sometimes it's better to wait and then you won't have long to wait for one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter